Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBay store for memory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

cool mightgive them a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah looks good! is it 13 dollars to post to ireland? are they going to be in their original box, because if i buy these and they aint it isnt going to look like a good prezzie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭gtsreddy

can we believe ebay items
    does any one know about the shipping procedures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Has anyone bought from them if you did let us know

to good to be true :D:D
    PQI 1GB USB 2.0 FLASH MEMORY PEN THUMB DRIVE 1 GB ~ €64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I found with a few odd's n ends that some of the guys with ebay shops actually sell n' ship cheaper via their actual shop .... e.g. bought a few batteries ... Ipod, powerbook battery, CMOS battery all off diff guys through their actual online shop (their name on ebay was their website address) and it worked out 10-20 dollars cheaper each time... :)

e.g. ipod battery (1st gen) 28 dollars inc shipping through their online shop, brand new boxed and higher capacity then the original, via the ebay shop - 45 dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Not in this case, www.digi4me.com is a yahoo store, seems to be dearer and it doesn't accept international orders. It's stocked the same, but pretty much every item is dearer, some going as far as over twice the price.

Also, i've recieved the order and the pen drives come in their original packaging. I'm afraid i'll lose the little feckers too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

No customs problems? How do they ship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭gtsreddy

suppose if we order through ebay or any other non EU online shops
    whats the story with customs and taxes at port of entry for the packages
    does any one have any idea or experience with such kind of stuff

i am trying to buy memory stick 1GB using e bay or any other good ones for cheap price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

ive ordered loads of different bitz and pieces from the states via ebay and there is never any problem with customs for small packets as they come usps usually, if the value is typically under €100 its completely ignored, but saying that i bought a digital camera with a $500 declaration on it and it came straight through customs, but generally any ram or pendrives ive bought for different mates of mine has all been import free, happy shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I bought a 1GB pen drive from digi4me and it's great, USB2, tiny and came in full packaging.

It's an excellent present for someone who'd make use of it, he now has 2GB versions too.

With the exchange rate, it's a great time to buy.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i emailed this store and he said he will ship to ireland and they are in original packaging. im going for the cheapest of the cheap! 64 mb pen drive for 8 dollars!! lots of pen drives for my family this xmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Can I ask how you guys ordered from him?

I tried to go through EBay but he says that he does not accept international paypal payments.

When I go through his website, he only allows for US addresses.

Am I missing something here?

Can I ask how you guys ordered from him?

I tried to go through EBay but he says that he does not accept international paypal payments.

When I go through his website, he only allows for US addresses.

Am I missing something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

It's clear on his EBay shop that he ships internationally. He even gives the cost of shipping. Read his full payment methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Thats a great find. Thanks :)
    Not so great now is the money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

He only accepts international payment through Bidpay (need a VISA card)

Cheers Ebonyks!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

If this guy is shipping from the US then I would not depend on it for christmas presents- you may not get them till january or you may not get them at all!!!!

Shipping form the US to ireland is problematic at best. Customs will probably stop it and youll have to pay duty and believe me these guys in customs are slow and they dont give a **** about your christmas presents. I did this before with a camera and a minidisc player and both times it was difficult for me to track the delivery agent and and the customs people that were holding the items. If its under 50Euro you may be alright but dont bet on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

smidgy wrote:
    If this guy is shipping from the US then I would not depend on it for christmas presents- you may not get them till january or you may not get them at all!!!!
    ???
    a small item like this is very likely (if the seller is wise) be sent via USPS global priority mail, flat rate envelope (upto 4 lbs weight) - this allways arrives within 2-4 working days, had at least 60 parcels over the years sent this way and 90% were here in 3 days or less.

Only problem with shiping from US is if you take the normal airmail, not the better services, or even *shock* economy postage - but then you deserve bad treatment
    GPM and EMS envelopes/parcels are just fine though
    over 200 packages from the state over the years, including some quite bulky items, never a problem

edit: on topic - thanks to the thread starter, quite a good deal and fair shipping policy (although I hate the no paypal for international bidders part)

Advertisement