Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babble (VoIP) Users Post Here

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

when I first used babble during the week I was able to make free calls to irish mobiles, now I can't - I have to credit my account.

Can anybody else make calls to irish mobiles for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Yup. Looks like they've figgered that one out. In all fairness, I expect they're paying for it at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Rash, have you got the settings to configure babble through X-LIte, thanking you in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Y.B.Sober

36 euro @ 2c per min = 1800 mins = 35 mins per week. simple maths. make more than 35 mins calls per week, still cheaper than skype

sorry for above post, didn't see page 2 of this thread

• Advertisement

Boggles,
    The link they gave me was =
    Here is the link to the German site to configure X-lite.
    http://www.switchtel.de/tiki-index.php?page=babble

if you need my screen shots let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Yeh can you post the config for xlite please .

All settings were default - all I had to do was configure the SIP Proxy.
    here's the screenshot of the SIP settings:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Eurorunner wrote:
    Wonder if they have developed a wireless phone for voip apps like this yet?

I have the option of using my bluetooth dongle for audio input/output, so I'd say by setting it up properly you might be able to use a mobile phone bluetooth headset for "wireless" use????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I managed to use a Motorola headset with a bluetooth dongle in my laptop. Worked fine. It just appears as a Bluetooth Audio Device on Windows XP so you just treat it like another sound card. You can configure the Babble client to use whatever audio device you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

anyone else having a prob with babble latly ?!? i cant get it working 9 times out of 10 it either rings at the end im ringing and when they pick up its still ringing on my end and they cant hear anything.

going crazy with the same problem. have been unable to make a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'm getting the above error when I start Babble. Is this a firewall-related issue?

P.

no idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Cannot make any calls using babble.
    Cannot log onto Babble website.

Haven't logged on in a few weeks. Anyone any idea if there have been any changes with this service apart from the price changes I read about on another thread?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ack, just when I signed up for and bought credit from Skype!

Although now that my router's acting up, I can only access internet from the linux PC, and there's no linux version of Babble that I can see. Ack, hate that.

Advertisement