Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ishibashi - Read this and weep Fender Fans.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Any reply on the shipping cost yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nah, it's the middle of the night in Japan, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I get anything back.

Got this just now -

"Thank you for your e-mail. This is Koichi from Ishibashi WEB SHOP.

Since we have no English pages for your ordering procedure, we can
    do all that through this e-mail conversation if you do not mind.

Here is my offer for you to order the Fender Japan through us.
    Hope you would like it:)

Fender Japan
    JB62-77FL 3TS w/original soft case---61600 Yen
    Shipping/Insurance fee---16000 Yen
    The TOTAL---77600 Yen"

That's about €570 including shipping... for a Crafted In Japan 62 fretless Jazz with American Vintage pickups? Sweet :)

Shipping from Japan for about €120, can't argue with that, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

wow thats impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

man there are some outragous deals on that site!!!!

do you know of other guitar makers with a similar thing going on?

my next fender, will be a jap, no doubt.

• Advertisement

TBH, it's just the Fender Japan stuff I was looking at but they do Ibanez, Jackson, Aria, Gibson etc.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ishibashi.co.jp%2Fwebshop%2Fguitar%2Findex.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ooooh, nice. I don't see any with Floyd Roses though :( That's one of my perfect guitars

Holy Crap, a prestige for just over €500 + shipping!!!
    Linkeh

nice. Give Musician a ring, see how much it'll cost there :p

Probably four times that INCLUDING delivery :o

Now, where'd I put that €600?

• Advertisement

Sweet, A mate's dad picked up a near perfect condition MIA P bass for $700. God bles eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Any news on this guitar arriving?

I have a mate who ordered something and was told eight weeks. After 12weeks he was told it wasnt coming and got his money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Doc Doc Doc
    ,,,at it again how many guitars do ya need!!.hehhhehe yess iI knew youd keep collecting you guitar grabber you!....so...you gonna get it?.go on be greedy laughs

ciao' amigo,,it will sound nice on our jazz adventure ;)

.....Baggio.............

Yeah, just waiting for it to arrive... needed a fretless for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd love to get this
    to start me off in the world of bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What a great profession that would be: "Jazz Adventurer".

Or alternatively, a good album name. "Adventures In Jazz", possibly to be followed up by "Further Adventures In Jazz".

Spinal Tap A to Zed

Jazz Odyssey: Written by Derek, this instrumental premiered at Themeland Amusement Park in Stockton, California, during the 1982 tour despite David's reluctance to "do a free-form jazz exploration in front of a festival crowd." As it turned out, only a sparse crowd was on hand to witness the rebirth of Tap sans Nigel. It may have been a good thing: Nigel is not a fan of jazz. "Jazz," he said in 1992," is just a series of mistakes without the 'oops.' " (LT) Nigel has also lambasted jazz guitarists for playing so soft. "I don't understand it. They use this bizarre tone on their guitars; it's like it's under a tub of water. It's like plup-plup-plup-plup-plup, like a little motor boat. But I think that's because they're old people, and they don't like the noise. And of course they play soft, so you can't hear them. Then they go, 'Yeah, I'm a great player.' 'Sure, mate. I've gotta take your word for it.' With me, I play loud. My manhood is right on the table. Examine it, pick it up, if you will." (GP) Derek: "Hopefully there's a bit of Jazz Odyssey in everything we play." (QM) Asked if the band would ever record Jazz Odyssey, Derek replied, "To record it, I think, would be to imprison a bird that must fly free."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Mr Angry,,,yes good one what a nice name for an album?..

"Adventures In Jazz"....veryy interesting....

Ill tuck that one away under my cap, hat, helmet ,wig etc etc

ciao' amigos...Baggio.........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

One of my favourite albums: Throbbing Gristle brings you 20 Jazz Funk Greats

yemcultcd000105.jpg

daram wrote:
    Any news on this guitar arriving?

I have a mate who ordered something and was told eight weeks. After 12weeks he was told it wasnt coming and got his money back.

It arrived in Dublin yesterday evening, now for the slow bit...

When I got my Ric, it took longer to get from Santry to Sandyford than it did from North Carolina to New York to Dublin.

Edit-> are you sure it was from Ishibashi. The website says "We-ship-worldwide-with the carrier of your choice. For most international shipping,we-use-EMS(Express Mail Service) provided-by-the-International Postal Service-if-your-choice of carrier is not specified.
    EMS is safety,fast(approx.1 week worldwide).economy and insured. It is door to door service of course. "

Twas less than one week for me.

• Advertisement

Cool, it arrived this morning, exactly one week from date of order. Build quality is incredible, sounds amazing, like a real fretless should. Beautiful finish, reverse tuners like a real 62. I doff my cap to Fender Japan and the good people at Ishibashi. What a difference to the shyte I went through last year. Excellent transaction, excellent service, totally recommended. Koichi is a top man.

Now I've gotta get outta the job early and get my fretless chops back up to standard :D

image011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Got to play that bass there. It was amazing. The japanese rule :)

According to tracking, one aerodyne jazz should be arriving today. heres hoping anyway. (it seems to have got past customs without anything added on too)

Nah, you'll get it tomorrow with tax.

I fell for that one too :(

True true. Damn sds and them getting my hopes up. An extra ninety euro thrown on. But worth it, damn thats a sweet bass. Now all we're waiting for is a 1x15 ashdown from ****in music123.

better go check tracking on that and make sure my address is still the same....

daram wrote:
    better go check tracking on that and make sure my address is still the same....

I laugh and I cry ;)

address is still the same. im a little worried that the site still says "processing" after nearly a week now. the money has left my card and id like to see a little progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I just ordered one of those 62 Jazzes. Can't wait for it.

Advertisement