Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2004, 21:04   #1
Ruu_Old
Closed Account

Best MacGyver Inventions/Repair Jobs

I recently saw two MacGyvers on Bravo.
One where some sort of a spring broke in a truck and he used the spring of a ballpoint pen to replace it, low and behold, the truck started!!

The one the other day he was escaping from East Germany i think, pretending he was dead. Agent friends (posing as mourners) were waiting for his coffin with him alive inside at the border. Something went wrong and the military were alerted, so the mourners chucked MacGyvers coffin into the river, he pressed a button and the lid flew off the coffin, pressed it again, the sides fell off came off and it the coffin somehow turned into a JETSKI and he escaped to safety! Someone tell me if i missed something lol
Advertisement
20-10-2004, 23:08   #2
Dr. Dre

Heh, some crazy stuff on that show.
One I remeber, was Mac using a Bic pen as a form of rocket launcher to take out a military jeep

Jesus wept
21-10-2004, 02:31   #3
billy the squid

Send a message via Yahoo to billy the squid
Did you see the one where he used a ;lemon to make a landmine, aparantly he used the lemon juice as some sort of electrolyte. all he did was connect it to two bits of wire or something.
21-10-2004, 02:33   #4
Cork_girl

brainiacs do some pretty crazy stuff too that u'd be half tempted to try out!!
21-10-2004, 12:36   #5
woosaysdan

Send a message via AIM to woosaysdan
didnt he stop a nuclear reactor from leaking before wit a chocolate bar??? and made a helecopter out of a few planks of wood!!!
Advertisement
21-10-2004, 21:10   #6
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

No it was a vat of sulphiric acid down an ICBM silo that was sealed with a chocolate bar - piot episode ??
21-10-2004, 23:26   #7
Naos

that the one where they were on a ship? and there was a bomb with a vacumn device on it??

One i remember which stuck out to me recently, which would actually work. Homeless girl fishing, cant catch anything. Mac walkin bye, eats a chewing gum, uses silver foil to make a hook type shape(colour attract fish?) and put it on her rod. He walks off, lo and behold, she catches this MASSIVE fish. over a foot long type fish. )
22-10-2004, 00:39   #8
mad m

what about the one where he is locked in this room which has some sort of keycode lock on door which is activated by sound or something,so when he hears it when baddies come in he get a couple of glasses and fills them up with water,but some are half full or 3/4's full and he hits them with a spoon to make the sound like on the door...hehe it only took him a couple of minutes to do...he poured out some water in some and added to another glass and out the door he went.....

Ah who could forget that knife he had...he would of died long ago if not for the Knife!!!!!
22-10-2004, 16:51   #9
sprinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad m
what about the one where he is locked in this room................

Thats the general plot for most of the episodes. Quality show BTW. Does anyone remember the one where he almost died and went into a comma. He was on this ship with his dead parents etc.. and was locked inside a room (boiler room I think), anyway he had to escape to get off the ship and thus moving away from the light and back to reality. Wierd episode, but the little piece of wire, chewing gum and the heat from the boiler pipes came in handy!
Advertisement
22-10-2004, 16:58   #10
The_Bullman

Send a message via ICQ to The_Bullman Send a message via MSN to The_Bullman Send a message via Skype™ to The_Bullman
Saw the tail end of an episode the other day. Basically he was poisoned with some virus or something, and the bad guy had the antidote in a vial. The baddie threw the vial down a drain outa Mac's reach.

He rushed around and found an iron bar. He whacks the end of it off the kerb a few times-to make it magnetic temporarily.

he proceeds to probe down the drain with the iron bar and wouldn't you know it, the vial sticks to the end of the bar.

Genius

I've a vague recollection of him about to be hanged. He asks if he can have a shave as his last request, and he uses the mirror to start a helicopter, anyone else remember that one?
23-10-2004, 20:32   #11
Ruu_Old
Closed Account

saw one today where there was a bomb on a boat and MacGyver and his old 'nam bomb disposal buddy had to difuse it, but Charlie (i think he name was) got blown to pieces when he discovered the bomb was in a vacuum NOOOOOO!!! didnt see the end of it
24-10-2004, 16:00   #12
billy the squid

Send a message via Yahoo to billy the squid
There was one episode where he managed to escape the afterlife kinda stopped watching it after that he sabotaged the ship that was taking him to heaven.
24-10-2004, 16:06   #13
PhoenixRising

Just watched an episode there on Bravo. In this one Mac managed to bring back to life a guy who was having a heart attack. How did he do this I hear you say - well he used two silver candlesticks and an electrical wire (attached to the mains I assume) to double as a defibrillator. Genius.
24-10-2004, 19:06   #14
Ruu_Old
Closed Account

give him a packet of matches and some cellotape and he'll build you a house!
28-10-2004, 20:17   #15
The_Bullman

Send a message via ICQ to The_Bullman Send a message via MSN to The_Bullman Send a message via Skype™ to The_Bullman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu
saw one today where there was a bomb on a boat and MacGyver and his old 'nam bomb disposal buddy had to difuse it, but Charlie (i think he name was) got blown to pieces when he discovered the bomb was in a vacuum NOOOOOO!!! didnt see the end of it
If I remember correctly, he deffused his bomb, then got the hot, sexy(for 80's standards) girl. Not much remorse to be seen

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion