Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternate dj mix cd

Options
  • 10-10-2004 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello everyone now i know alot of you think i'm a bit of a muppet well you are entitled to your opinion. the reason i write is because i have a mix cd coming out and it's avalable to you for a fee of nothing all you got to do is send me an email with your info and i'll send it to you i'll even pay for the postage in return you got to listen to it and rtell me what you think now how is that

oh yeah you can email me at danjo@alternatedj.net
    also you can contact me through my website www.alternatedj.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

mp3ify them and stick them online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Look pet, there's no advertising allowed on boards.ie without the consent of the admins. If you keep touting yourself and your CDs you're going to get banned.You can always set up a commercial interaction forum, but I seriously doubt anyone would use it.

Also your mix CDs sound rather dodgy ... excuse the pun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Amz wrote:
    Look pet, there's no advertising allowed on boards.ie without the consent of the admins. If you keep touting yourself and your CDs you're going to get banned.You can always set up a commercial interaction forum, but I seriously doubt anyone would use it.

Also your mix CDs sound rather dodgy ... excuse the pun.

you come across as a very bitter person Amz, maybe you need a nice bubble bath and some alone time. it will not only make you feel better it will also give the boards.ie n00bs a chance to post freely without abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alternate DJ

amz i'm sick of you
    you might not have noticed but there are bands gelour plugging there gigs and album launchs all over the place you also might have noticed that i am offering this cd for the total charge of nothing whick is putting me out of pocket the cd was also produced in a studio by a profesional sound enginer and the tune selection is very good and would be similar to what is heard on the great station that is phantom fm so lady if you got nothing better to do than pick on me then go and take a long walk of a short pear because i though forums are places where one can promote them selfs like the chalets who are a very good band by the way no one said any thing to them or silver addictive no one said anything to them

so leave me alone i'm not doing anyone any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you shouldn't say such things, especially to people like amz who most likely have more power here then you.

and you're clearly breaking the rules. also, in all this whoring of yourself, you've never said what kind of "music" you do....

• Advertisement

well my friend it's good old rock music and the mix features such great artists as the killers david bowie the beatles and the von bondies just to mention a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

.... noticed but there are bands gelour plugging there gigs and album launchs all over the place you also might have noticed that....

I don't think 'gelour' is a real word....

I like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

nah.. gelour is a perfectly cromulent word ;)

oh yeah, I'm going to stick up for alternate dj here, a lot of people are being very hostile here and are seizing upon any opportunity to attack this guy. He's obviously trying his best to make a good impression and I think behind the enigma that is alternate dj, he's a genuine bloke who means no harm. Its no secret that a majority of posts on this board are gig ads and whatnot, and although this post is clearly self-promotion, I think people should just relax a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

As somebody who has no problem attacking anybody (obviously in a tasteful or non-tasteful way. non physical too [he could be large]) i personally think this guy is hilariously bad but none the less i would much prefer this sort of swap shop to be honest.

I hate the band ads on this boards it's annoying and to be honest in my experience on the interenet [read: nerding it up] i hate most administrators [read: censors] and would gladly like to see what comes of this.

Unfortunately i will not give this man/woman my address for fear of music pollution.

Yeah but the idea is great. I say he should just post the track listing and then people can ask him via pming if they want it.

Since he is'nt making any money from it i don't see any problem. It's like taping something off the telly for somebody or loaning them a book. All techinically illegal but most of these laws are to protect against widespread piracy not individual loaning and sharing.

p.s i belive the expression needed in reference to amz is that which i remeber in junior infants. "just fold your arms and put your finger to your mouth". no typing or spouting of annoyance. hooray for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 maria

amz-get over yourself. last time i checked pete reed was the mod for this forum, so surely you should show some respect for his authority on this board and let him moderate as he sees fit?
    i hardly think that the alternate dj is doing anyone much harm by offering free cds. and as previously stated by several others, where's the slap on the wrist for all the bands/club nights being promoted on this board?

• Advertisement

Nah, I'm gonna go with Amz on this one. If people on this board start calling people who post nothing but ads then maybe they'll stop doing it? Besides, its getting boring 'round here, what with the constant self-promotion and nobody insulting anybody....

So, Ill begin;

Maria.
    "last time i checked pete reed was the mod for this forum, so surely you should show some respect for his authority on this board and let him moderate as he sees fit?"
    Remind anyone of "respect mah authatahy!"?
    So, now we have to ask pete before we can post anything begining to look like an opinion? What about if I wanted to say "You are so patently stupid your brains would be hard pressed to fit in a spoon.", would I have to ask first to make sure its in the rules?

Amz.
    I know nothing about you and care less, but I'm just gonna assume that you rule, since we're on the same side....

Alternate D.J
    Your personal apperance is similar to your grammer or bodily fragrance. By which I mean a flaming monkey riding a herd of wet dogs through a open sewer on Christmas would both smell and spell better. However, rest assured that nobody thinks you're a bit of a muppet. Despite the fact that you will literally give CDs away nobody cares, or indeed notices. Tut, tut, tut.

Come on everyone, join in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

amz i'm sick of you
    go and take a long walk of a short pear..
    He he he!

Wir SInd Helden, have you nothing better to do than insult people, you stupid ass..!!

No seriously,we all miss your daily insults here in tecchie land!
    (come visit soon!)

Ah, if it isn't herself! Good of you to join us. What's the read with Spinal-Tap, ehem, Metallica fest? Troops rallied or what? Tell you what; I'll meet you at the end of Howth pear, you can tell me then...

Yeh i just got credit and busy drawin houses at the mo, so i havnt done anything about that. Way2Go my organizin' skills!

So anyone round here seen the metallica movie?

ok so i guess no one wants a cd then
    lol

heard about that metallica cd believe it's very spinal tap and shows how much of a ponce lars ulrich really is ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

So anyone round here seen the metallica movie?

I have seen the film and it is bar far the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, so don't even bother.

And to you Amz,

You really have taken a dissliking to Alternate DJ for no particular reason. Live and let live. You are also the sole reason why I stopped posting on the phantom forum. Take your head out of your ass and let the mods do the moderating. Alternate DJ is clearly not the only person "whoring" themselves on the forum, every band does it to, and if they don't do it themsleves they get one of their mates to.

Alternate DJ stands to do nothing but LOOSE money by sending out cd's which HE paid to be produced, mixed, and printed. He is also going to pay the damn postage on them. So I think that at the expense he is willing to go to, to send you your free cd, a little leaniance should be given for him using a medium such as boards to promote it.

That is all

Pantera wrote:
    You are also the sole reason why I stopped posting on the phantom forum.

My God, you'd think people would try and make it hard for me to take the piss out of them.

Hey, why dont you write on a wall "Amz made me stop writing on walls?"

Pantera wrote:
    I have seen the film and it is bar far the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, so don't even bother.
    Thats the exact reason why i want to go and see it!

My God, you'd think people would try and make it hard for me to take the piss out of them.

Wow your lightning fast wit amazes me :eek: If you could think your comments through properly you could actually be a genuinely funny person, but since they are so random and impotent, I find them worthless. I have not posted here since about a week after I first joined because it was simply not enjoyable because of one person. That was the point I was getting accross.

Pantera wrote:
    ...but since they are so random and impotent, I find them worthless....

Aw no?! 'Impotent' you say? 'Worthless'? Mayhaps, as that all counts as your own opinion. However 'random' I must take exception to. You see, there is a system; it works like this.
    • Someone says somthing really stupid
    • People take the piss.
    • The person takes the joke in the spirit intended.
    or, they take everything pretty seriously, and nobody has any fun. Ahem.

Still, I like your P.C.

• Advertisement

Aw no?! 'Impotent' you say? 'Worthless'? Mayhaps, as that all counts as your own opinion. However 'random' I must take exception to. You see, there is a system; it works like this.
    • Someone says somthing really stupid
    • People take the piss.
    • The person takes the joke in the spirit intended.
    or, they take everything pretty seriously, and nobody has any fun. Ahem.

Still, I like your P.C.

Thats grand then once your working to a system! Listen anyway, there is no problem, I just didn't like te way Alternate DJ was being treated.

And thank you, I too like my PC, my bank manager hated it however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I think this thread simply asks:

Can the Power tripping tawts that seem to have something to proove all go off onto your own little form (were you and the Mod can be best-ist buddies) there you can feel at home saying fun things like "i could get you banned!" or "if i wanted i could tell someone to change your avatar" all the things that in real life mean nothing but makes you feel like a big person. that way people that are new to boards.ie wont think that we're all egotisitical power hungy prats that live up the ásses of Mod's...

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Amz wrote:
    If you keep touting yourself and your CDs you're going to get banned.

will someone ban me???

please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 QED

Amz i'm new here but the way the wind seems to be blowing is no-one likes you and i'm not one to pass up a band waggon so i would like to also exrpress my negitive thoughts towards you. Now flock to me my friends of the net.! :D

Tyrrial wrote:
    I think this thread simply asks:

Can the Power tripping tawts that seem to have something to proove all go off onto your own little form (were you and the Mod can be best-ist buddies)

well tyrell actully the tread was asking if anyone wanted a undefineda free cdundefinedbut i think everyone can now go and jump in a lake because i am sick of people moaning on and on about this and that i mean no one realises that i am offering something for free ok so it's self promotion but i mean i am genuinly loseing money hear so as people wll listen to this cd so as and from now if you want one you got to beg

Whoa! Dude, preview your reply before you post! Although, I would agree that it has a nice, almost joyce-like, Stream of Consciousness feel to it.

Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

May I be the first to say:

Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight

All a bit serious isn't it? :rolleyes:

possible conversation

Unknown girl: my friends are the moderators

normal person: my friends are real and not big nerds.

Unknown girl: (does'nt respond as page won't load)

see!!! it's that easy..

anyway look get people to pm ya if they want a cd alternate dj. Orelse post a playlist.

But, what if all your friends are big nerds?

• Advertisement

are they big nerd moderators?

Advertisement