Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire

Options
  • 14-09-2004 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

anyone heard them?

Their album - funeral - is out soon and they are going to be big . well - hopefully anyway. they deserve it....

awesome album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

What kinda music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

im not too good at labelling music, but i suppose they are a rock/pop band. maybe indie rock/pop.

just had a look for reviews of their album there and:

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/musicreviews/a/arcade_fire.htm

http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/arcade-fire/funeral.shtml

the reviews could probably explain much better than me the brilliance of arcade fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

My friend had some of their stuff, they're pretty good. I think you may be onto something!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mick1973

The album Is called Funeral. I bought it in the states having read a review - It is brilliant !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

I can second that, probably the best album released last year, in fact make that definetely the best album released last year.

If you get a chance check out their arcade fire ep, which is equally amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Overated in my humble opinion, Fiery Furnaces' "Blueberry Boat" album is better but even that's been praised outta proportion by PFM et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Pitchfork went ape about them last year.
    "Rebellion (Lies)" is a great tune, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

That pitchfork review practically made that album on its own, they are usually very harsh reviewers they gave it 9.7 or something. I've listened to the album a few times, i think its good but not amazing, sounds a bit like Mercury Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/interviews/a/arcade-fire-05/
    Pitchfork: On some level, it does suck for us to love a record, praise it, and then have it be instantly perceived as overexposed by some people. But to me, it's an incredible record that would have been going places regardless of what we said or did.

Win: There's a segment of people who are very sensitive to overexposure and really like the thrill of knowing things that other people don't know about. But we're not ramming it down people's throats. I mean, most people in Montréal haven't heard of our band. Régine has friends calling her like, "I didn't know you were in a band! That's great! I heard you on TBC!" The overwhelming majority of people have no idea who The Arcade Fire are or have heard of Pitchfork.

I think it's a great record tbh. Hope they pop over here on their proposed UK tour, would like to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i really like it, but 9.7 is a bit overboard. there are/will be a lot of good records this year. already Low/Mercury Rev/Tom Paulin

• Advertisement
Advertisement