Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Glazing for 3 bed semi - how much?

Options
  • 13-09-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Title says it all really.
    Im looking at a 3 bed semi without double glazing. How much would it cost to get all the windows replaced?

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

It so happens that we're getting our done next week. It's a 3BedSemi and we're getting it done by Senator Windows for €8,500.
    Though we did get a quote from Global, which we didn't take, for €19,000!
    So, that's the sort of range you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

My Dad got his house done - 17 pvc windows and a front door + fitting 6,500
    I can get the name of the company if you want. They were excellent fitted all in 2 days - very good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

You should look at the time of year you get it done too.. We got ours done for roughly €5000 in a January last year (3 bedroom semi detached, 8 windows, 2 doors) but another lad on our road with the exact same house got quoted over €6000 in the summer of that year for the same job..

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks for the replies lads,

@ Egan007 & substr

Could you post the name of the companies you used or pm me if you want?

What part of the country are ye in?
    The house im looking at is in Dublin and I'de imagine there could be a bit of a price difference.

Is the house habitable while the work is going on?

Cheers
    Wavey

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Of course, how many windows do you have and how big are they?
    Wavey wrote:
    Is the house habitable while the work is going on?
    If you are getting it done in January the place gets awfully cold, awfully quickly. However, individual windows can be put in the same the the old one is taken out.

Check what happens to windows sills and plaster, etc. and who is responsible for repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sabiki2

That's actually another thing that needs doing on my house - wooden window frames will not last much longer.

But what's the big secret on the name of the window glazing company?
    It's good to applaud a company that has provided a good service.
    Why not post it here for all to see?

will do seeing there are so many requests.
    The reason i did not is because of the no advertising rule

It's Farrell Aluminium in Edwardstown Longford..

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

All,

I got my whole house done last year by a crowd from the north. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen such a professional organisation. When I bought the house I had to gut it and get pretty much everything re-done. That means that I have had every tradesman of every type in the house at some point. The guys that did the windows were unbelievable. They were the cheapest, most reliable, most professional I have come accross.

I probably sound like im a bit too enthuasiastic, but as anyone who has had work done on their house knows, you can get some real cowboys and the occasional average joe. The window guys were absolute PRO's!

I went to work in the morning and came back that evening. They had put the entire house back the way it was when I left it. They hoovered, dusted, cleaned etc....AND took away the old windows. The transition from morning to afternoon was like the new windows had magically appeared in the house!!!

If anyone is interested in the details of the company, PM me. I case you didn't guess, I highly recomend them!!

Cheers,
    Jab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

Hi,

I'm interested in the same, but wondering if anyone would have more recent quotes? Thank you!

Mod Edit. Hi pleaze open a new thread, this is a very old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement