Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That strange anatomy cartoon?

Options
  • 31-07-2004 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the name of that animated show from around 20 years that taught kids about the human body by making blood cells and neurons etc into characters and basing stories around their 'jobs'?

I think it was French or Canadian and might have had the word 'Life' in it there somewhere. The drawing style was pretty unique (all the characters had big noses) I think they also had a spin-off show about Cavemen or evolution or something?

Does it ring any bells for anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The little red people who carried oxygen bubbles in pouches... The white cell "guards" in their flying craft launching little anti-viral people... The wierd blue messengers who darted from the brain to the rest of the body carrying messages... The evil virus people...

No idea what it was called though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Ah yes, the immortal 'Once Upon a Time... Life' when we were taken around the body by a few red blood cells. The meories come flooding back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks for that jongore.

Here's a page about the series in question if anyones interested.
    http://www.procidis.com/gb/catalogue/d_serie.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I did like that cartoon when I was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

this was in made into one of those book things you collect every week. my sister collected them. i think she has them in the attic still too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I used to get up really early so I could watch Once Upon A Time.,.... Life when I was younger, thought it was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

i cried when the old blood cell with the beard died.....
    but it was ok in the end he came back...
    like jesus :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

loved that show, was cool when the body was invaded by an infection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i liked that cartoon :) there was a few of those once upon a time things, except called different

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah yes, I remember that. We had a discussion about that on #boards.ie one night actually. Another series was called Once Upon A Time.. Space and there was another one or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

All the bad guys (smokers etc) had big red noses - I'm pretty sure it was French as well. Il était une fois... la vie, iirc.

There was also a series on famous scientists in the same animation style - I remember being inspired by the Marie Curie one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Pigman II wrote:
    thank you. your link = proof :D none of my friends remembered it, and it was getting to the point where they thought i was mad and i was questioning my own memory. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

As I remember Episode 23. The Hormones was a bit saucy...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ruadhri44

It was French. There was also Once Apon a Time Space which was very good. Was shown by RTE in 1983, 84 and repeated in 1986.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's still being aired in France at the moment.

Advertisement