Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playa des Ingles

• 02-07-2004 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

Me and a group of friends are goin to playa des ingles in august, anyone been there before?
    Where's good to visit?
    Where did you stay?
    And most imporatantly what the females like??

Feel free to offer any info!

Cheers
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Hey,

We stayed in greenfield apartments in a cluster of hotels where there were all irish people. You will probably be in this area too. Travel outside this area as im sure you want to meet non-irish people.

Go to a waterpark. Cant remember the name of it, but there was loads of slides,etc.

Go to a foam party - probably the best night of my life. The foam is like 2 feet over your head and you cant breath.

Go jet-skiing on the beach - good laugh.

Hire a car if you can and drive up the mountains. I'd really recommend it as the island is actually really nice. I think your supposed to be over 21 but we werent and we got one off a guy on the street - a bit dodgy perhaps.

Go karting at a place between Playa del ingles and the airport.

Buy drink in the supermarkets - much chaper than the clubs/pubs.

Go for a camel ride on the dunes.

In the irish area, be prepared for loads of prostitutes, drug dealers, etc. To be honest i found the irish area pretty disgusting. It may have been cleaned up in recent years though.
    Also, dont shake the hand of any african people as they will put on a braclet which you cant take off and make you pay for it.

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

yo yo yo dan, ye me and a few of de boys were over in playa in august. met this bird called saoirse, ended up wit her every nite, my other mate daniel pulled her friend danielle, he was wit her every nite aswel. anywho, loadsa crack over der, my mate mark just clicked, it was like a psycho switch for 2weeks. maybe someone spiked his drink, so be careful. foam parties-class, women drink clubs beaches, wat more could ye want?! my mate mono wasnt de sharpest but he survived. hope u have a good time bro;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

best holiday resort i've ever been too.. i ab loved it.. would go back every single year and more if i could.. you will have a ball.. i loved the irish centre.. never noticed any prostitues or drugs????????????? was prob too busy anyways.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Playa del Ingles is great for Irish.

Loads of trips to go on... Sioux City (wild west town), Palmitos Park (brilliant wildlife park), Waterparks, great for watersports too...

Im sure you're rep will tell you all about them... you'll love it - plenty of loose women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I was there in march (was there the week that paddys day was on the wednesday) - the water park is called aqua sur its huge! Theres a bus that leaves u right outside it and brings you back because it is halfway up the mountains. Didnt notice any prostitutes/drugs either in the irish centre. The beach is a good laugh too. Also bring plenty of suncream its hotter than anywhere else in spain.. was 30-35 degrees every day I was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Go karting at a place between Playa del ingles and the airport
    Nearly killed myself in one of those karts.
    I arrived late and all the protective suits were gon so I had to race in jeans and a t shirt.
    Tried to break the sound barrier but didnt notice a bad turn ,the kart mounted the chicane flipped and landed about 20 feet off the track.
    My shirt was shredded .I'll never go karting again!
    Those karts are mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Dunno why everyone likes this place, I've been twice, its a kip, of course you'll get a ride and drunk,drugged up or whatever you want alright but apart from that the place is run down and kippy not to mention the locals are ignorant and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 halfhead

ah promoting drug taking again?
    You really dont set a good example do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Didnt notice any prostitutes/drugs either in the irish centre.

Ok, they must have cleaned up the area since I was there. I was there in September 2001 and in an average night out in the irish center I would be asked if i wanted a bl*wjob about 10 times mostly by african women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Sherlock

Last I was there in the mid-nineties we got listening to a group who described their hotel as Ballymun by the sea.Late night parties every night, cops being called on a regular basis,hotel clerk had a nervous breakdown.I'd never go near the place in summer, it seemed a real attraction for Dublin lowlifes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement