Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Den tv presenters

Options
  • 13-05-2004 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey everyone can you please help me i cant for hell remember the name of the female den tv presenters that where around recently and ages ago

can you the fantastic public help me name those that entertained us now and then. One in particular is on sky now i cant remember for the life of me.

PLEASE help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

well now there's francis something of other (he's the crappest presenter ever) and then there's gerri may too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, Geri May was a presenter, that's for definite. Emma Ledden (who went off to work in England a few years ago so that may be the Sky presenter you're thinking of, I don't know) used to come in to do a music and entertainment gossipy-type slot every week, or a couple of times a week, maybe. I think Bianca Luyxx (sp?) (formally of "2TV" on a Sunday morning with Dave Fanning) used to also turn up from time to time on The Den. But they're all the ones I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Ciara Carrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

ah Gerri Mae the mere memory of her makes me want to slap her. Never has a more irritating creature been placed before mankind. And where on earth did N2 find that barely literate dope they have presenting the Den now? At first i thought he was another sock puppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

Never has a more irritating creature been placed before mankind.

*coughs* soky *coughs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Emma Ledden went off to work for MTV, i don't know if she's working on Sky or not. This is the first time iv'e heard of a Den presenter on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Go Figure!

Originally posted by Kain
    Emma Ledden went off to work for MTV, i don't know if she's working on Sky or not. This is the first time iv'e heard of a Den presenter on Sky.

Emma Ledden has returned from the UK and is currentley co-presenting the Breakfast show on Dublin's Music Radio Station Q102. She has never worked for Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by eggshapedfred
    *coughs* soky *coughs*

i have to agree, that thing was the most annoying, loud, poxy, worthless piece of ****
    never had a worthwhile thing to say

dustin was cool though, call me childish but i thought he was funny as ****

it was funny when d'arcy did it, they constantly took the piss out of him and he couldn't stop laughing
    damien mccall did a surprisingly good job replacing him, since mccall left (when did he leave?) theres been noone but anonamous faces, with no character
    when mccall left i didn't notice for a while because he kept disappearing for periods

do they still have the puppets on there now?
    i think the last time i saw a glimpse it was some gob****e by himself

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Liz Bonnin is now doing the Euro Lotto on Sky One.

She used to do TellyBingo:(
    dustin was cool though, call me childish but i thought he was funny as ****

Dustin and Zig and Zag are the funnest.

Never thought Damien McCaul was any use. Ray Darcy and Iano where the best.

I like socky he can be very funny when he is not on the den, and when on the den can say things a little be out of character and a little too Grown up. (2fm one xmas sockys joke about another Telly Bingo host and the Telly Bingo Balls, cann't think of the joke but I think people started to look at me as I was in fits of laughter)

Snotters when You never saw him was the funnyest.

Love his Entertainment reports.

Originally posted by Zhane
    Ciara Carrell

Yeah, I forgot about Ciara Carroll. Fine looking girl with curly blonde hair, as I recall. Remember fancing her at the time, as well. :D

Wasn't there a kind of running gag at the time about her and Ray D'Arcy being an item, or something? They weren't actually an item at all, because D'Arcy was still going out with Geri May at that time, but I always remember Dustin embarassing the sh!te out of the two of them when they'd be on air together by saying things like how he caught them kissing before they came on air and how they were going to get married and all this.

Come to think of it, now I actually remember one time when Dustin made a pretty suggestive innuendo regarding what they used to get up to off-air and Ciara going beetroot-red and completely speechless with embarrasment at Dustin's comment on certain things she liked to get up to with Ray. I think a lot of us teenagers were able to pick up on the innuendo, but I don't think any of the younger viewers would have. But, any adults who had been watching with their kids at the time certainly would have picked up on it. I'm surprised there weren't any complaints about it at the time or more wasn't made of it. Maybe there was, I don't know, but I never heard about it.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised there weren't any complaints about it at the time or more wasn't made of it. Maybe there was, I don't know, but I never heard about it.

I don't know about that insident above but Zig and Zag and Dustin had many complaints. So much so Zig and Zag used to go on holidays mid way through the season for no apparent reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chromesoulno.5

Liz bonnin was the one i was thinking about thanking you very much.

Ciara Carrol she was hot she even had a crappy ashow ona saturday morning years ago with the bloke who used to do that crap show with mary kingston and it was always abp0ut getting iotas.

now thats something that should have never been placed before mankind what a dumb annoying bitch. i hate her sooo much its ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Originally posted by Elmo
    I don't know about that insident above but Zig and Zag and Dustin had many complaints. So much so Zig and Zag used to go on holidays mid way through the season for no apparent reason.

Haha :D Never copped that when I was younger. That's hilarious. Even now Dustin still comes out with some pretty inappropriate commentry.

The thing is though, I think kids do get the whole innuendo thing going on, they're not stupid. I know I certainly used to understand Zig and Zag's jokes. It's crazy that they get away with it, just because it's a puppet saying these things. Not that I'm complaining. Still love Dustin. Bring back Zig and Zag!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

geri may is a right stiff bird tho. talk about sexless. i understand why they have her on kids shows. ya couldnt make innuendo about her, it be like talkin dirty to a nun.

Yeah thats right when they used to **** off all the time during the season.

The best example is when ian dempsey was there and he was saying whats the spund of a cow and dustin said moo. then Dempsey said whats the sound a sheep makes and dustin said maahaaaaaaa( sheep noise) and then dempsey said and whats te sound a pig make to which dustin replied "can you step out of the car please" end result den taken of air for a week.

Good bless irish t.v.

Ciara Carrol she was hot she even had a crappy ashow ona saturday morning years ago with the bloke who used to do that crap show with mary kingston and it was always abp0ut getting iotas.

FX was the name of the show.

Orginal hosted by Bynka Lykes and Derke Mooney with roving report Ciara Carrol.

The changed over after a few months and Ciara Carrol was in the studio.

Prob the only saturday morning show RTE got right IMO. But in good fashion was quickly got rid of.

The Works with Mary Kingston and Micheal Sheridan.

Many of the characters Micheal Sheridan played in Bull Island appeared in The Works such as Dunkan Steward.
    "can you step out of the car please"

I wouldn't mind but this isn't the worst.

Ray D'arcy after an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and when talking about the schedule tomorrow. one of the shows being "free willy" stated

what do you get when you get two free willies and a packet of corn flakes?

Dustin and Socky promptly exit to leave Ray D'arcy smile into the camera and continue on to another subject.
    If anyone knows the punch line to this joke please tell me.

On another occation Mundy was being interviewed and had some joke about a 19 hole golf course something something cann't fully remember. Ray D'arcy quickly replied "ah now you cann't say that". Dustin exits. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by chromesoulno.5
    whats te sound a pig make to which dustin replied "can you step out of the car please" end result den taken of air for a week.

LOL

Well, the comment I mentioned before that Dustin made about Ciara Carroll and Ray D'Arcy was something along the lines of this (it's been many years since so it's a bit hazy, but it was something like this, anyway).

I think they were talking about some competition that they had running at the time in association with Chuppa Chupps lollipops. Dustin made a comment about how Ciara loves sucking on lollipops and things and said, "Here, Ray, sure wasn't Ciara down under your desk there during the break sucking on something?" She just kind of went silent and turned beetroot red and Ray said, "What?" and Dustin goes, "Under your desk, Ray. During the break. Ciara was down there sucking on something." Ciara then ran out of The Den and Ray said, "Dustin!" Dustin then tried backpeddling very quickly by saying, "A lollipop, Ray. One of those Chuppa Chupps lollipops there that rolled off the desk onto the floor. Ciara got down to pick it up and was sucking on it during the break." Ray pretty quickly changed the subject, then.

I'll never forget watching it and laughing but then thinking, "That's it, Dustin's going to be booted out of there so f**king fast. This'll be the last straw with him and RTE." But, funnily enough, nothing came of it. At least, as I said before, I never heard anything coming from it, which is surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Dustin is the best i like his politically incorrect antics really spices up children's TV. I think they should have Dustin:uncut on late and it should be dark comedy!

"down under the desk sucking on something " that is brilliant he then married your man derek money, that show was good i used to like as for the works ducking hated that show with that dumb witch kingston. she is a horrible person i never watched anyone so anying on t.v and that includes the harriot fella on bbc2.

Fair play to you elmo for deciphering what i was talking about.

Your wan byanka lykes she ended up on 2tv for a while but then what happened her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement