Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of Cartoon?

Options
  • 05-03-2004 3:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Seeing as this went so well for Bravestar question, here goes. I have some cartoons that I can't remember the names to:

1. Robot dinosaurs come to Earth in a big red dinosaur shaped ship. They hide it in a a lake as far as I can remember. They were called something like Diplidos, talking robot-y dinosaurs. They get help from 2 kids, a blonde girl, and a brown-haired boy. One is a Pterodactyl(think he was green), then there was a Hippo-type one, who would blow bubbles-- in the opening sequence, he traps some bad guys in bubbles, and they bounce down a hill. Any ideas? It *may* have been foreign, re-dubbed into English.

2. This one was deffo foreign I think. There was a boy & girl who were always being chased by a wizard & his dragon. The dragon would always sneeze & burn the wizard-- one ep they were in a submarine when the dragon sneezed & the thing filled up with smoke. The kids had a pet, a round red thing that could detach it's nose which would go off investigating stuff. The most prominent ep I can remember, they were in a crystal mine, and there were lots of chases in mine carts.

3. This scifi-y series was on TCC years ago, with a silver boy on a silver surfboard, but it's NOT Silversurfer. His head was kinda elongated and alien-y. Don't really remember much about it to be honest apart from the lead character & it was set in space.

4. Again this was on TCC. It was called something with 'Dream' in the title I think, but it was set in a land where there was a wizard in a tower, and he made dreams in bottles or something. The bad guy-- a big giant guy on a throne, down in a volcano, sent these ghosty things to give the towns people nightmares. This young boy( I saw boy, but there were more like bears or something) who lived in the town stumbled into the wizards tower and helped him in the episodes then. It had a very interesting opening song from what I can remember. There were tree people who flew around on leaves too. This one is hard to get info online considering I know the most about it. Any help?! UPDATED-- found the name of it "THE DREAMSTONE". I was looking @ an old TCC indent and saw the 'coming next' screen, and it happened to have it on it, wuhoo :D

Dream Stone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Wickhmar

About 1), I think that Dino's name was Diplodocus. This may not be the cartoon you're talking about but I distinctly remember a Dinosaur War cartoon type thing. It was like MASC but with our paleonthologous friends. They would capture and equip Dinos with Lasers and the bad guys had a T-Rex.

Of course, I saw this cartoon in France in the 80's when DragonBall Z was in it's day there, so I'm betting it's a Japanese Import.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

as far as i can remember the 4th one was called Dream Catchers or something like that, it's also the only one i remember. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The dinosaur one ya mentioned Wickhmar was Dino Riders

The one I'm looking for was a little more childish, less serious than Dino Riders, more cartoon-y hehe.

Dino Riders

Found one of them

The Dreamstone

Dream Stone

Anyone else remember this from TCC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Number one is the Diplodos..

They had a really cool space ship and the bad guys had these great armoured suits.

I found a french site all about it with movie clips of the intro and ending.

de-de-de-dipoldos

Number two is 'Here Comes the Grump"

And number three is one that's actually been driving me nuts alot recently... I remember him being blue though, not silver, and I think his name was blue as well and his surf board was a robot called surf.

Have a look at the crude pic I drew of them... and let me know if you have any luck in finding out the name of the cartoon...

• Advertisement

Hey MonkeyFudge... thanks a million for the help

I knew they were Diplodos, but I couldn't find ANYTHING online, mostly cos I was spelling it wrong, and also cos I wasn't sure if that was the actual name of the cartoon too.

Here Comes THe Grump hehe, excellent!

Yeah I wasn't sure when I was typing if the boy had been silver or blue, so we're deffo talking about the same thing! Cool pic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

3. This scifi-y series was on TCC years ago, with a silver boy on a silver surfboard, but it's NOT Silversurfer. His head was kinda elongated and alien-y. Don't really remember much about it to be honest apart from the lead character & it was set in space.

It wasn't Galaxy High or something like that was it? I seem to remember this character - and that programme (yet I remember nothing from it) - however, they may be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Galaxy High, that brings me back. I remember the days I used to rush home from school to watch that.
    Anyone remember the cartoon Cops on TCC, the theme tune was so cool.

No, no... Galaxy High was a comedy cartoon...

This one was pretty serious and depressing, as far as I can remember

It was on in the mornings, I used to watch it before going to school... although going to school was probably what I actually found depressing.. ha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

Number 3 I can remember quite well, just not the bloody name, but I was hooked on it at the time ;) I thought I could remember bits of the theme tune, but I'm not getting much luck with it on Google. At first I thought the show was simply called "Blue", but try typing just that into IMDb...

• Advertisement

Yes.. I know.. I've been down that road already..

I even have the theme tune in my head...

Blue is 'something'
    Blue is 'something'
    On his robot Surf he flies
    To save humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm starting to remember the song off that Blue thing did it not go

Blue our child of the sun
    Oh Blue.............

Hey remember that crazy Sparticus cartoon that used to be on around the same time - he had some weird amadillo/ant-eater friends.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

About 1), I think that Dino's name was Diplodocus. This may not be the cartoon you're talking about but I distinctly remember a Dinosaur War cartoon type thing. It was like MASC but with our paleonthologous friends. They would capture and equip Dinos with Lasers and the bad guys had a T-Rex.

The name of that show was T-rex :)

Have memories of the second one alright, can't think of the name though :(

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

That show was Dinoriders.

The bad guys used mind control devices and the good guys used telepathy to control the dinosuars.

But the show that was originally being looked for was Diplodos alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

tk123 wrote:
    I'm starting to remember the song off that Blue thing did it not go

Blue our child of the sun
    Oh Blue.............

Hey remember that crazy Sparticus cartoon that used to be on around the same time - he had some weird amadillo/ant-eater friends.... :eek:

good god i remember that sparticus one. The theme tune at the end was longer than the cartoon.

Arcadia the sun beneath the sea
    Sparticus was some big blue machine. the boy and the girl were Mat and Rebecca and there was a telepath named arkana in it too

I saw Spartikus only the other day actually, it's on a Sky Digital channel called Pop Plus... I only saw the end of it.. I'll have to watch out for it again..

They also show Captain N on that channel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Man, they take me back alright.

Anyone else remember the old TCC cartoon Cadillacs and Dinosaurs?

Great show tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

TCamen wrote:
    Found one of them

The Dreamstone

Dream Stone

Anyone else remember this from TCC ?
    that fish/dog thing scared me. other than that it was great!

Advertisement