Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 66 Electric. Name change, new single, album...

Options
  • 21-12-2003 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly ’THE 66 ELECTRIC' is no more. Due to matters beyond our control the band have made an official name change to ‘THE 66E’. Nothing else changes.

On Friday 23rd of January ‘THE 66E’ release their follow up to last years ‘I died in a movie’ EP, the double a-side single ‘SCRAMBLED PICTURES / ENDS’ on Underfoot Records.

Along with a third track ‘TK’ the songs are the first fruits from the bands recording sessions in Lisanton Studios in Co. Cavan for the album ‘FALL DOWN SEVEN TIMES, STAND UP EIGHT’ due for release at the beginning of March.

Whelan’s is the venue on the the 19th of January for the launch gig. Support is to be confirmed but this’ll be the first headline gig by the band in over 4 months and with the new material from the album sessions so all comers are in for a treat.

The band are immersed in the mixing of the 10 track album with Andy Knightley, adding the finishing touches. The track listing is:

LISANTON
    ONE CAST ONE CATCH
    SCRAMBLED PICTURES
    ENDS
    66E ARE HOME
    MEANINGS AND TRAFFIC
    WORK WITH ME
    IN A DECK OF 52
    THEY FOUND US
    BROWN BEAR

And finally, the new 66E website will be up and running by the new year. Featuring a host of downloadable MP3's of 66e music as well as previews from some of the album tracks in the run up to the launch.

That’s all for now,

Be well,

The 66e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

It's about bloody time!
    I'll see you all in Whelan's then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Just so you know I'm expecting a signed copy hand delivered to my door ;)

I better be able to make it to that gig:
    great band, great venue. What more could we ask?
    What's that? You pay us?
    Oh well in that case....
    :D

xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

lookin forward to this mucho. heard the rough mixes of the ol album and it promises to be quite fabulous.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me that I can go to this :(
    xxx me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

hopefully be able to make it on the 19th, should be good, haven't seen ye in ages..
    good luck with everything, it's all well deserved..
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Tis tis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Looking forward to this... pencilling the 19th into my hectic social diary already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

sounds good looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Just a lil update. the support bands on the night will be 'Polar' fresh from the success of the single 'Butterflies' and 'The Chapters'.

See?

66e

• Advertisement

Now it'll hurt even more if I can't go!!
    (Not looking likely :( )
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm 66E sounds like a dublin bus route that comes once a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Hmm, why don't you abbreviate your name further to just "The"... or maybe "T"

Buffalo 66 was a good film... I imagine "the 66 electric" is some kind of muso reference to in-studio banter a la "Bad News"...

"Pass the guitar"... "Which one?".. "the '66 electric"...

I think I know the story behind it, but I don't really remember it properly, in which case I don't know it. Well, maybe I do, I just don't know that I do...ok, I'll shut up now.
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Watch 'Fletch lives' and all will explain itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    'Polar' fresh from the success of the single 'Butterflies'

nice ring to it that :) tho i prefer if you use quotation marks around "butterflies" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

including a bus with 66E on it could open lucrative sponsorship doors.

not to mention the boost in sales all over the lucan, leixlip, maynooth area.
    my fee is 28%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    Watch 'Fletch lives' and all will explain itself.

ah yes the scene with 66"..fill in the blanks here.." very funny,
    one of the funniest moments in the film.TEE HEE:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Mick went to an Aslan concert one night and took 66 e's hence a new name was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

Wasnt mick the bloke with the white t-shirt at that ground shaking vicar st. gig or.... was it the Point. Mr "halfway line".Yes that was him. I remember our Christy commenting on a Heinz tomato soup hat alright.

• Advertisement

Gotta love that hat!
    xm

Advertisement