Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

README BEFORE POSTING: Rules & About the Mobiles / PDAs board...

Options
  • 24-11-2003 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

The Mobiles / PDAs board is a place to ask questions, share information and help out on matters related to... well Mobiles and PDAs... and what you might want to do with them:

- Mobile handsets and PDAs (news, configs, questions, recommendations, helpful tips... )

- getting services working (note first check: standard operator settings and what details to give)

- content (ringtones, games, applications... ) [no illegal sharing/linking]

- connecting to PCs, Macs, PDAs over Infrared, Bluetooth, Cables...

more technical related topics such as development (e.g. WAP, J2ME) or solutions / infrastructure (e.g. SMS, Networks) would be best posted to the Wireless board, where other topics are also covered such as wireless networking, protocols, standards etc...

specific/personal consumer issues should be directed to the company concerned, posted in the Consumer Issues board or contact the National Consumer Agency directly

if you are trying to sell a mobile (or look for one) you should use the adverts.ie board to post your item / request - not this forum

please note posts should be relevant, helpful, good natured and on-topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The general rules of acceptable behaviour on this board may be taken as follows:
    1. No blatant advertising/soliciting (unless you pay Boards Ltd. for it).
    2. No (potentially) libellous material. I don’t care if you think [insert operator] is crap, I don’t want to see a five page thread on it and get a solicitor’s letter along with it.
    3. No warez, cracks, unlock codes for stolen devices, etc. to be either sought or given.
    4. No Spamming of useless rubbish, such as "I’ve sent you a PM" or "me too".
    5. General civility to be observed at all times. This also includes any attacks against competition or former business partners, regardless of however warranted you think them.

Failure to abide by any of these rules, or Muppetry in general will result in a swift (where possible) nuking/banning. No appeal will be entertained.

If you’ve any questions, complaints, suggestions or donations to make, you may do so by sending a private message to either of the moderators - DubWireless or the Corinthian.

Disclaimer: The information contained herein is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant as an endorsement of any particular company or business. Boards Ltd or the moderators of this board are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this site, and accept no responsibility for any damages that may be incurred. Readers are strongly encouraged to take qualified third party advice.

If you have a problem with your phone, in particular with coverage, lost PINs, sending SMS or MMS or similar, then your first port of call should be your operator's customer support rather than here.

Why? Because chances are they deal with your problem hundred's of times a day and they'll help you resolve it within minutes. Also because the last thing we need is the front page cluttered with threads that invariably end in a "talk to your customer support" post.

Now if they weren't able to fix it for you, then by all means post and let us know that you tried them first. Otherwise your thread will get locked / binned without further warning.

If you work for a mobile operator you are welcome to post in this forum. Many people here work in the mobile industry (I've worked for a number of operators in the past, both in Ireland and abroad) and can often be the best people to respond to queries that are posed here.

But if you are and you do post on a topic where your views may be viewed as biased you may wish to qualify it by disclosing that you work for an operator (without unnecessarily identifying which one).

Shills, however, will not be tolerated and will be banned and outed.

The same goes for other areas of the industry, such as premium rate SMS service providers, phone manufacturers or retailers and the like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement