Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipsa

Options
  • 11-10-2003 10:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NUI Galway are holding this year's IPSA conference, if possible could a member of the NUIG physoc please post contact details here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I went to IPSA in 94 in Queens
    great crack (spent more time in pub then lecturers)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was at IPSA 1999 in Queen's. Had an absolute roar. Brilliant time. Cork hosted last year, but was unable to attend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

yep, ipsa last year was funky, us cork ppl are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

IPSA? some explanations for the innoccent freshers?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Irish Physics Students Association.

Basically exists for the purpose of holding a "conference" once a year for Physics Students in different universities. It's the most debauched event I've ever attended.

I have hazy memories of chugging £1-a-pint beers in the SU bar in Queens, then staggering down the Ormeau road in Belfast to get cans from and IRA-owned off-license

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

We hosted the one in 2001 (NUI Galway) - hardly a sinner turned up, maybe a few from Limerick or Jordanstown. More free beer for us!! :)

We'd a fairly decent line-up of speakers too. An officer from the Army demostrated their bomb-disposal robot. Which was nice. After a heavy night's drinking. ;)

Advertisement