Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The life of a homeless man

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Sadly,it's not all about the Money and the biitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

They're all someone's son or daughter.
    There is no good reason that homelessness should be a problem in any part of the developed world.

But unfortunately it is.

I hope something works out for this guy and he gets a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,488 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I feel sorry for people like that. Hope his luck changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's your opinion on the video o.p.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Birneybau wrote: »

I think it's sad that people fall through the net's and he is right he not a bum hes a human being just like everyone else, Homeless people shouldn't have to beg for a roof over their heads it should be a fundamental human right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

"I'm not a bum, I'm a human being. With a bum."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I think it's sad that people fall through the net's and he is right he not a bum hes a human being just like everyone else, Homeless people shouldn't have to beg for a roof over their heads it should be a fundamental human right.

Like, having a free house? Sure then they wouldn't be homeless. Does everyone get one then? What if you already have one? Do you get another, just for fairness sake?

What about when yer man was giving the world his "Ye can all go bite my A55, I'm gonna do my own thing!" speech? The time he dropped out of school and decided 9-5 jobs were for losers? Or that drugs and booze were good lifestyle choices? Some people need housing, a lot need to cop the feck on.

Like, having a free house? Sure then they wouldn't be homeless. Does everyone get one then? What if you already have one? Do you get another, just for fairness sake?

What about when yer man was giving the world his "Ye can all go bite my A55, I'm gonna do my own thing!" speech? The time he dropped out of school and decided 9-5 jobs were for losers? Or that drugs and booze were good lifestyle choices? Some people need housing, a lot need to cop the feck on.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's always one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

I have no house in D4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

First time I've ever seen any sympathy expressed for the homeless on AH.
    Scumbags and wasters seems to be the normal consensus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

For all of you who think this video is sad, donate here:

http://www.simon.ie

Or some other homeless organisation.

Remember, actions speak louder than message board posts.

:-)

Saipanne wrote: »

www. simon.ie

simon.ie?? the dude is obviously in 'Merica maan - how the fcuk is simon.ie gonna forward the money to him??

simon.ie?? the dude is obviously in 'Merica maan - how the fcuk is simon.ie gonna forward the money to him??

Yeah... I sort of covered that in the line following the link.

Remember to read whole posts in future.

Yeah... I sort of covered that in the line following the link.

Remember to read whole posts in future.

I read the whole post, maybe you should use commas rather than full stops when you havent finished what your saying?

I read the whole post, maybe you should use commas rather than full stops when you havent finished what your saying?

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

http://www.simon.ie

Great idea. Small problem...how much of the donation goes to the CEO and how much goes to the poor? ;)

Rightwing wrote: »
    Great idea. Small problem...how much of the donation goes to the CEO and how much goes to the poor? ;)

http://www.dubsimon.ie/AboutUs/OurFinances.aspx

There you go, make up your own mind. You can hardly expect a CEO to work for free ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

:rolleyes:

What?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

"I'm not a bum, I'm a human being. With a bum."

Bummer :-(

• Advertisement

What?

:P

Show some compassion. Even if it's fake, like mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have nothing but sympathy for homeless people who've fallen on very bad luck, became addicts etc. Unfortunately its difficult from a glance on the street to distinguish between that and scumbags who just wants your wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Call me Al wrote: »
    They're all someone's son or daughter.
    There is no good reason that homelessness should be a problem in any part of the developed world.

But unfortunately it is.

I hope something works out for this guy and he gets a break.

He could have made a few quick bucks if bumfights.com hadn't been shut down. Damn Internet police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

smash wrote: »
    He could have made a few quick bucks if bumfights.com hadn't been shut down. Damn Internet police.

That's a pity, that Kardashian one could have made a (another) fortune with the massive caboose she has. That's a room clearer that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is a series of clips about Dublin's homeless addicts, they're well worth a watch before you go sitting in judgement over people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

I don't mean give them a free house just set up a free service where the homeless can go and sleep for the night and clean themselves maybe even give them second hand clothes and waste food from supermarkets, Nobody should be sleeping rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is a series of clips about Dublin's homeless addicts

Are they addicted to being homeless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

http://www.dubsimon.ie/AboutUs/OurFinances.aspx

There you go, make up your own mind. You can hardly expect a CEO to work for free ffs.

Seems a bit high, we're not talking about the CEO of a large corporation.

Rightwing wrote: »
    Seems a bit high, we're not talking about the CEO of a large corporation.

Slightly below average CEO pay in Ireland :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement