Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Typical of my luck!

• 14-11-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Opening night of a play I am in tonight and woke up this morning with a swollen bloodshot eye due to allergies. This happens from time to time and it takes a few days with antihistamine drops to bring it back to normality so probably will look like hell tonight and tomorrow night on stage.

Anyone else suffer from bad timing of bad luck like this? It is typical for me. Anytime I have something important on I end up sick or with some problem.

Aggggh FML.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Be grand op, just put on a mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Try drinking half a bottle of Zirtek liquid ,12 quid a bottle but it works really quickly might just sort you out although you could be a bit sleepy on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

have your zip down and your mickey hanging out. No-one will be looking at your eye.

Well, not that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Antihistamine eye drops and some zirtek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Stick a fork in your other eye, balance it out a little!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Grayson wrote: »
    have your zip down and your mickey hanging out. No-one will be looking at your eye.

Well, not that one.

I am a good actress and all and I am playing a man in the first of the plays but I dont have a mickey to hang out of my trousers.

I already take quite heavy dose of antihistamines daily so really cant add too much more to them or will be asleep on the stage and the play is not sleeping beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Witchie wrote: »
    I am a good actress and all and I am playing a man in the first of the plays but I dont have a mickey to hang out of my trousers.

I already take quite heavy dose of antihistamines daily so really cant add too much more to them or will be asleep on the stage and the play is not sleeping beauty

Whats the play?

Havent time to get the eyedrops coz have so much to sort out and I dont think they would do much good at this stage anyway.

Whats the play?

2 one act plays by Clive and Sue Read. One is called Naff Caff and the other Smalls Talk.

Naff Caff is a bit Fawlty Towersesque and Smalls Talk is a women's lingerie party.

They are a charity fundraiser in the Garage Theatre, Monaghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Whats the play?
    2 one act plays by Clive and Sue Read. One is called Naff Caff and the other Smalls Talk.

Naff Caff is a bit Fawlty Towersesque and Smalls Talk is a women's lingerie party.

They are a charity fundraiser in the Garage Theatre, Monaghan.

And where's it on??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

and Smalls Talk is a women's lingerie party.

Yeah... be grand Witchie, no one's going to be looking at your eye... ;)

dmc17 wrote: »
    And where's it on??

The Garage Theatre, Monaghan

Things have just gotten worse.....have a really bad rash started on my forehead and around my nose, hope it doesn't spread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Maybe you have an std.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The Garage Theatre, Monaghan

Things have just gotten worse.....have a really bad rash started on my forehead and around my nose, hope it doesn't spread!

The show must go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

If it wasn't for bad luck......

Id have no luck at all......!!! :)

Advertisement