Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some weather, good time for a swim.

• 13-11-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

So many cars parked on the sides of the roads to avoid stalling them going through severe flooding everywhere...

Seeing cars braving going through water up to the bonnet... meself being in a low lying Ford Puma I opted to park my car at a Church and walk home after trying all possible routes back... ALL OF THEM FLOODED... :pac:

Only took me 6 hours to get home... **** sake.

And it's still raining...

Fun times.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Saft day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

It's not raining indoors and that's all that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

TheZohan wrote: »
    Saft day.

Sure ya cant not expect it this time of year.

Sure ya cant not expect it this time of year.

'Tis fierce mild out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

What amazes me is that the same places are flooded every year yet nothing is done to prevent it happening again...road tax me arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

'Tis fierce mild out.

Tis close alright...

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    What amazes me is that the same places are flooded every year yet nothing is done to prevent it happening again...road tax me arse.

Yeah, there should be a water tax instead...oh wait...

Hardly worthwhile spending money on flooding though is it? How often does it happen? and no doubt it'd cost an arm and a leg to even get a 'consultant' to say "yup, you can fix that, alright!".

Hardly worthwhile spending money on flooding though is it? How often does it happen? and no doubt it'd cost an arm and a leg to even get a 'consultant' to say "yup, you can fix that, alright!".

Every year the M1 and the M50 are flooded in the same locations surely there's enough money spent on road tax to put in a shore or two or whatever is needed...even dig a hole ffs. It's so annoying that they weren't done properly in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Always have a raft in the back just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Tis grand washin weather out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I don't get how we live in a country where it rains quite a bit, and people moan about it all day long, but yet we have such **** drainage. The footpaths and roads are turned into rivers with a bit of heavy rain. It's almost embarrassing.

I also don't get how, as much as people moan about the rain, no one seems to look up the fcuking forecast before leaving the house. It's hardly fcuking rocket science! If you're not going to do that, don't be so surprised when it starts raining.

I'm saving for one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

15 minutes and no one picked up on it. AH, you disapoint me.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    15 minutes and no one picked up on it. AH, you disapoint me.

Oh somebody did alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Did you know that there is a €10,000 finger lifting fee that must be paid to the civil servants involved before the government is allowed to lift a finger on any project no matter how trivial.

If you call up about a bulb in a street light being broken and it actually gets replaced that's 10k spent already on top of the actual cost of replacing the bulb.

10k minimum spend just to get to the point of 'someone has to physically get up and do something about this problem'. Then they may still decide to contract it out or do further consulting. During the tiger there were talks of raising it to 25,000

If you call up about a bulb in a street light being broken and it actually gets replaced that's 10k spent already on top of the actual cost of replacing the bulb.

While I don't believe that for a second, I'm sure it would be rather pricy to get drainage issues fixed.

And the ones who'd complain most about the flooding would be the ones complaining about the ongoing road works. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

While I don't believe that for a second, I'm sure it would be rather pricy to get drainage issues fixed.

And the ones who'd complain most about the flooding would be the ones complaining about the ongoing road works. :o

I was taking the piss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Yeah, there should be a water tax instead...oh wait...

Water Tax II: Nature Strikes Back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Adamantium wrote: »
    Water Tax II: Nature Strikes Back.

Lol....Tax this, ye feckers...sploossshh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Advertisement