Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What toppings do you have on your pizza?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Ice cubes, corn, pepperoni, different meats, peppers, sometimes chewing gum, salmonella, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Pancetta, Mozzerella and Rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Recently had the Apache 'All Day Breakfast' pizza.
    Never ever again.
    It may have put me off pizza for life it was that bad.

I had the misfortune myself of late - an abomination of a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Pepperoni and jalapeños most of the time.

Recently I got pepperoni, jalapeños, bacon, mushrooms, and feta cheese.
    Delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ham pepperoni bacon pineapple peppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Everything.

No matter what pizza place I'm at I just get the pizza with the most toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Pepperoni, meat balls and sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

gorgonzola and bacon and gorgonzola

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well la-di-da, with all your fancy toppings like pepperoni and cheese.

I just get the base, if I'm lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

del

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

^^^ You get a double helping though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

If it's good pizza, bring it to me as the good lord intended. Cheese and tomato, nothing else.

If it's some slab of grease from dirtbird pizza or any other delivery chain then I prefer it to have enough overpowering chilli and garlic to hide the taste of all horrible ingredients.

Ever tried that cheese before it's been melted down into pizza rubber? Sheeeeiittttt.

Yes. Did a bread making course, using a wood oven. Fantastic pizzas and as you say all they need is a bit of cheese and tom - the bases were really light and had a flavour all their own.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

McDermotX wrote: »
    Well la-di-da, with all your fancy toppings like pepperoni and cheese.

I just get the base, if I'm lucky.

no treble

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Anything veggie, mainly have margarita but sometimes have toppings with veg not just tomato and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Cheese. Loads of cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Usually go for ham, chicken and shrooms.

Had a plain cheese pizza last week and it was savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

This thread has gone on long enough with trite, mocking answers (pineapple....yous should be shot).

Hard to get, but The World's Greatest Pizza Topping Combinazione is :

Tomatos
    Mozzarella, Gorgonzola, Caprino
    Artichokes, Anchovies, Capers

(ensure the capers are only put on for the last 1 min of baking! ).

If you havent had one, your life to this point has been a waste of time. Rectify this error at your earliest opportunity.

And if you really want to go for the special, add some ricotta and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Smoked chicken and goats cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Pepperoni, chilli beef, chilli flakes and onion. Or else ham, bacon and onion.

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Recently had the Apache 'All Day Breakfast' pizza.
    Never ever again.
    It may have put me off pizza for life it was that bad.

A sin then - because a true breakfast pizza made well is a divinity to behold. But I can imagine a fast food chain would mess it up with over done egg and dried out bacon and worse.
    I've never eaten pizza cos I hate cheese.

Then you need to discover the joy of what the germans call flammkuchen - though it originally french I believe.

Its a very thin base pizza thing - but rather than a base of cheese and tomato it is based on "schmand". with things like ham and onion on top. Quite the revelation.
    Foxhound38 wrote: »
    What about ye AH, any preferences?

Many. I am quite the fan of the breakfast Pizza.

But I really love making Shakshuka and the left over sauce for this is so spicey and flavorsome that it makes a perfect sauce base for a real pizza.

Blue cheese - spinach - and eggs cracked on top is a great one. The eggs take around the perfect length of time to set and poach in the over as the base cooks. Assuming a home made base that is.

I also spent a lot of college eating tuna a sweet corn and it quite works on pizza - but one has to cook it just the right length of time lest the tuna dry out. Some moisture has to be retained.

A mushroom variety also works wonders. Not just your standard mushrooms though - but a variety of the rarer and more flavorsome brands.

Ruccola and parmasan and parma ham of course is a big favorite.

Not to mention pizzas that are based around a really good chorizo. My oh my.

I am something of a pizza fetishist as you might see. I even built a stone BBQ/Pizza oven in my garden - after 3 months of research on best practices and expert tips on the best kind of over to make the best kind of pizza.
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Cheese. Loads of cheese.

Check this out then. Pay special attention to the post on the thread from nozzferrahhtoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Bacon, red onion, pineapple and peppers :) with BBQ sauce preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Mushrooms, ham, an egg and rocket thrown on once it's cooked. Yummy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Had a goat's cheese, caramelised onion, walnuts and honey pizza the other day which was surprisingly nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Pepperoni
    Mushroom
    Ham
    Garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Italian onion puree, buffalo mozzarella, fontina cheese, pancetta, cep mushrooms, fresh herbs, and sprinkled with white truffle shavings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any kind of meat and lots of cheese dipped in pepper mayonnaise.... Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My favorite three pizzas:
    Ham and Pineapple
    Pepperoni (only if the pepperoni is on top of the cheese so it gets crispy)
    Italian sausage, mushrooms, and banana peppers or Chicago style Giardiniera

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

You see the way that pepper is green? Yeah, that means it's not ripe. The colour is literally natures way of telling you it's not good to eat yet.

Green peppers on a pizza? Well fcuk you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Blue cheese, goats cheese, red onion, red peppers, scallions, olives, rocket, prioscetto ham, homemade sauuuuuce on a bought stone baked base....with 1 egg cracked in the middle when its nearly done. Doesn't take long and far nicer than anything you'll buy in a takeaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I like Pineapple on my Pizza just like how I like pepperoni in my Ice Cream. ie. I don't...at all.

Margarita? If you dislike pizza enough to order a margarita then why not save money and order a toasted cheese sandwich with tomato sauce instead??

Ham, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Peppers and Sweetcorn.

This thread hasn't made me yearn for a Pizza tonight because I actually only just ate a 16" all by myself 2 hours ago. I'm still massaging my belly and burping deliciousness.

Advertisement