Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

sniperman wrote: »
    does the title mean that these two lads are gonna fight???,or what?if so do you not think it a bit stupid pitting an immortal against a mortal,i mean batty is good,but i have never seen him stopping a hail of 50 cal bullets,welding with his eyes,flying around the world,not to mention out flying a nuclear missile,oh and ya fixing an earthquake,i know who i would put money on to win a fight:D

Clearly there is a mismatch in physical abilities but I'd recommend reading or watching 'The Dark Knight Returns'. The premise is handled pretty well in that story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

sniperman wrote: »
    does the title mean that these two lads are gonna fight???,or what?if so do you not think it a bit stupid pitting an immortal against a mortal,i mean batty is good,but i have never seen him stopping a hail of 50 cal bullets,welding with his eyes,flying around the world,not to mention out flying a nuclear missile,oh and ya fixing an earthquake,i know who i would put money on to win a fight:D
    Watch The Dark Knight Returns and see Superman have his ass handed to him on a plate.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm produced this short for Supes' 75th anniversary:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam Driver (HBO's Girls) linked to the role of Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) Source

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adam Driver (HBO's Girls) linked to the role of Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) Source

ah here, wtf they putting him in it for.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mickeroo wrote: »

I believe the term is 'universe building'.

If DC truly want to follow Marvel into creating interlinking franchises, expect to see more and more characters introduced, for instance, the rumours that Diana Prince will also appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If its Nightwing, it may not to be soo bad, but Robin, nope.

I still think having other DC superheroes in this film isn't the best move, when I initially heard the news that Batman would be in this, the first thing I thought was, WB/DC think Superman isn't fit to hold up and carry his own sequel, they have to stick Batman in to give it a massive boost.

But now Robin and Wonder Woman possibly making an appearance too, I dunno what to make of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

According to here, also in the running for Nightwing are:

Penn Badgley - No. Anyone who has 'acted' in Gossip Girl should be blacklisted from any future roles
    Ezra Miller - I know Dick became Nightwing when he was like 18, but Miller still seems too young looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,292 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Talking of Batman versus Superman...... Going to see Dark Knight Returns in the cinema on Wednesday night. BOOM.

• Advertisement

Talking of Batman versus Superman...... Going to see Dark Knight Returns in the cinema on Wednesday night. BOOM.

The animated one? Where is showing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,292 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The animated one? Where is showing that?

Dundrum are showing it. Sold out though.

Should get on to their facebook and twitter accounts, bombard them to put it on in a second screen!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If its Nightwing, it may not to be soo bad, but Robin, nope.

I still think having other DC superheroes in this film isn't the best move, when I initially heard the news that Batman would be in this, the first thing I thought was, WB/DC think Superman isn't fit to hold up and carry his own sequel, they have to stick Batman in to give it a massive boost.

But now Robin and Wonder Woman possibly making an appearance too, I dunno what to make of this.

The Flash also rumoured for an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Everyday I go on the net, tere seems to be another superhero thrown into the mix here....It smells of the writers going "oh yeah, what about X coming in here", and the other "yeah deadly, and Y shows up"...you are already adding Batman in which is a massive undertaking itself. I think they are overdoing it imo

You know what they say, never have more than 2-3 villains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The Flash also rumoured for an appearance
    But only briefly.

Ba-dum-tish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It really looks like they're trying to make a Justice League movie by stealth. I think it's a bad idea to try to introduce so many characters (Assuming the rumours are true.) in one movie. Do you really show the aggro between Batman and Nightwing and then the aggro between Superman and Batman. and then bring in Wonder Woman and then and then and then.... and THEN get on with the actual movie?

To be honest, I can see Nightwing maybe making a small cameo (Introducing the character for a spinoff movie) but Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Whoever the rumour is this week? No. Can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

At the risk of sounding like a pleb, I don't think Adam Driver has the right look. Hopefully it's all bollox though as there's no need for Nightwing in this film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kevin Smith has seen Ben Affleck in the ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Batsuit (audio)

I'm excited to see the suit now.
    Dundrum are showing it. Sold out though.

Should get on to their facebook and twitter accounts, bombard them to put it on in a second screen!

Would love to see it on the big screen with this blaring out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm really annoyed about this.

I'm not a huge comic book or super hero fan, I haven't seen any of the Marvel films released over the past few years, but I've always loved Superman. I enjoyed Man of Steel, I know it had flaws but I thought it got all the tricky set up stuff out of the way and I was really looking forward to the sequel.

Then they put Batman in it.

Then they're maybe putting Robin in it.

And Wonder Woman.

And God knows who else will be next.

As someone said above they're making a Justice League movie but they don't want to call it that.

All the interest I had in the sequel has died a death. The worst bit was when I saw a list of names being touted as in the running for the "female lead". Was I dumb to think Lois Lane would be the female lead in a Superman film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

There's really no point getting worked up about casting rumours until the studio confirms them. The rumourmill always goes into overdrive with these kind of films and some ridiculous people become linked. I remember at one point Eddie Murphy was supposed to be the frontrunner for the Joker, then again as the Riddler for TDKR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Keno wrote: »

The article mentions that Smith mentioned a particular inspiration for the suit, namely Jim Lee - so expect this, in real life form.

jim-lee-batman.jpg
    All the interest I had in the sequel has died a death. The worst bit was when I saw a list of names being touted as in the running for the "female lead". Was I dumb to think Lois Lane would be the female lead in a Superman film?

I think that the focus will of course be on Superman and Batman in the new film. But the female lead they talk about is probably Diana Prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm happy if it turns out anything like that, Jim Lee is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Never heard of her but best of luck to her. I'd be anxious to hear what people who have seen her act think.

Never heard of her but best of luck to her. I'd be anxious to hear what people who have seen her act think.

She was in a couple of the Fast & Furious movies.

She was in a couple of the Fast & Furious movies.
    As I can see, but that doesn't give me a lot of hope to be honest with you!!

There's talk of Callan Mulvey as the villain, but he's in the new Captain America, would that be allowed?

There's talk of Callan Mulvey as the villain, but he's in the new Captain America, would that be allowed?

I guess depends on if he has signed a multi film contract with Marvel. Marvel seem to have tied down all their actors to multi movie contracts.

Didn't they force Natile Portman to stay with Thor when she wanted out.

There's no cross over between DC and Marvel so I don't see why it would be a problem. Separate films, franchises and studios.

Ryan Reynolds has played both Dead Pool and Green Lantern, Chris Evens has played Captain America and the Human Torch. All marvel characters but different studios.

There'll be two characters in Avengers 2 that will also appear in the new X-Men movie due to there being a loophole as they are both considered part of The Avengers and the X-Men in the comics or something. Only thing is their cinematic Avengers personas will not be allowed reference the X-Men in any way, which probably means totally new back stories since
    Magneto is their father

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She'd better start bulking up to fill the outfit like an Amazon princess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

0EADFF51-6C12-43C6-B0F0-C34E95C11D3D_zpst4psafes.jpg

This deserves its own thread.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/04/gal-gadot-is-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman/

Best if luck to the girl. She has the look but will need to hit the gym. I just hope she has the acting ability to play the entire character that is Wonder Woman.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    Naked Faora would have worked well.

Think it's called the aura effect. Remember it being discussed in "Lois & Clark" during a visit to Star Labs.

It's also mentioned in All Star Superman

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Also, there may not be Kryptonite in Snyder's universe, and without the ability to replicate the Kryptonian atmosphere, Batman could go the route of the comics (see Red Son) and employ a "Red Sun" generator, or simply a weapon that emits a radiation signature matching a Red Giant to depower Superman. Essentially the same as Kryptonite, but it would be a nice gadget for Batman to design and develop.

Captain Atom pretty much does this in Justice League Unlimited, when Supes is helping to rescue The Question

Is the internet running out of space so that we cannot have a separate thread on probably the most important casting of a female comic book character? Yet we can have as many Batman threads as we like. For Christs sake.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Is the internet running out of space so that we cannot have a separate thread on probably the most important casting of a female comic book character? Yet we can have as many Batman threads as we like. For Christs sake.

But its only a supporting role in the film this thread is about to be fair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sorry, Bullseye, but I see no point in having two threads discussing the same casting news. Eventually it would become a second thread for discussing this film and we'd have to merge it anyway.

It is a monster casting announcement though. Has ramifications for a WW film, this film and a JL film.

Whedon, as much as he did with The Avengers, will be disappointed. Given his history with trying to get WW of the ground

It is a monster casting announcement though. Has ramifications for a WW film, this film and a JL film.

This is a Justice League film. They can call it MoS 2 all they want, it's Justice League.

This is a Justice League film. They can call it MoS 2 all they want, it's Justice League.

Depends how big a role the other heroes play in it really. I'd be surprised if anyone bar Batman plays a very significant role in it tbh. It can still be a perfectly fine Superman film even with the other superheroes in it imo. Snyder is the most likely factor to mess it up rather than any of the supporting characters I reckon.

• Advertisement

It might just be an intro for WW and others a couple of min's cameos before they go into their own movies followed by the JL film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't know what Warners is at. They claim this is a MoS sequel. But everything so far suggests a JL film or at the very least a precursor to one. It doesn't look like they are following the Marvel model of having standalone films in-between the crossovers. Unless they plan to do a proper MoS sequel afterwards.

I reckon there was a creative shift during MoS's production. They probably brought Nolan onboard in the hope that him and Bale would do JL. Once it became clear that that wasn't going to happen they handed the reigns over to Snyder and Nolan bowed out. MoS felt like an awkward hybrid of two very different sensibilities. Why bother involving Nolan in the first place if they were going to bring someone like Snyder in?

Probably to add some credibility to the new direction.

I'm hoping Diana will just be Diana for much of the film, only to reveal her true nature at the critical moment i.e. coming between Clark and Bruce just as one is about to kill each other. Though that would have been better if they did a "Talia" on it (worst kept secret I know but you know what I mean).

MoS's box office was modest compared to Avengers or the Batman films. Batman = dollar signs to them, that's all it is.

They probably looked at the lead up marvel films too, Iron Man made lots of money sure but Thor and CA, though successful, didn't have the same pulling power, the Thor sequel however has made a fair bit more money than the first thanks to Avengers.

Warner probably think that by establishing the lesser known heroes in Batman/superman film followed by a JLA film they'll make more money off any individual films afterwards.

They should call it Trinity now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    They should call it Trinity now.

Not if it's to be a fleeting appearance.

• Advertisement

2j3nvyf.gif[/QUOTE]

She can bulk up all she wants, she's only 5ft 9! That's not a very Amazonian height.

Gal looks too thin

Gal looks too thin

She can bulk up but that being said, she doesn't have much time before filming starts. That being said, I suspect that she'll only have a small role, so they could perhaps postpone filming her scenes until the very end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement