Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Apparently filming finished in December. I think I read that the first trailer will be out in May

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll probably just be a teaser for a teaser of the release date of the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RE: Graphic novels, I've spent more time researching and trying to figure out which ones are worth reading, then actually reading them :D Have a few at home and think I've read one, must finish them off.

I watched the animated stuff that was actually really good, the Superman vs Batman fight was pretty good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

This site gives a great suggested Batman reading list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

My favourite batman graphic novel is Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth. Gorgeous art, really dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

Killing Joke was my first graphic novel I remember reading, but Arkham Asylum had a huge effect on me too. Iremember thinking that's not how comics were supposed to be.

I remember being terribly excited about the computer generated Batman graphic novel (can't recall the name) then reading it as a more discerning adult and realising it was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

A Neurotic wrote: »
    My favourite batman graphic novel is Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth. Gorgeous art, really dark.

Not a comic reader alas, so had never heard of this particular iteration. But after a quick Google... wow! Looks delightfully twisted and nightmarish!

Dair76 wrote: »
    Not a comic reader alas, so had never heard of this particular iteration. But after a quick Google... wow! Looks delightfully twisted and nightmarish!

Grabbed a digital copy on Google books last night, as the OP said, really great artwork and a pretty twisted take on the characters.

At 180 pages a pretty quick read, was done in just over an hour, but was well worth it. Very twisted take.

A Neurotic wrote: »

I have that lined up next after TDKReturns. The artwork in Asylum from a quick flick through the first few pages looks amazing. Can't wait to get into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First look of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
    lex-luthor-92c6d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Tis a fine chrome.

Snyder mentioned that this Lex won't be like any other, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if this Lex serves the story well.

It will be interesting to see if Lex will have a real compelling reason to hate Superman beyond vanity and ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Still no word of an official trailer? I saw a Comic Con one on YouTube but it's hard to make out clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

veganrun wrote: »
    Still no word of an official trailer? I saw a Comic Con one on YouTube but it's hard to make out clearly.

The latest rumour is it will be attached to Mad Max: Fury Road in May, but again, it is a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

still cant get my head around batman in a superman film

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Superman in a Batman film you mean ;)

Be interesting to see how they handle it, very much appears like the two will go head to head. Enough stuff through the comics to suggest how this could happen.

Interesting mention about the Cmic con teaser, that was SO LONG ago, and surprised it hasn't come out with a high res version. Caught the original videos on youtube, and the chills were real....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Watch the dark knight returns part 2 animated movie. It's really good.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how they handle it, very much appears like the two will go head to head. Enough stuff through the comics to suggest how this could happen.

Interesting mention about the Cmic con teaser, that was SO LONG ago, and surprised it hasn't come out with a high res version. Caught the original videos on youtube, and the chills were real....

Yeah if they just released that I'd be happy for a while. The drums in it sounded great

Hard to believe TDKR was released nearly 3 years ago. Time goes way too fast, I remember being fresh faced in 2005 watching Batman Begins.

Trailer will be shown with Mad Max

• Advertisement

Apparently there is a trailer for this dropping next Monday, with Znyder tweeting a teaser for the trailer later this morning (Thursday). Of course, that teaser has been leaked already and here is a link to it...

https://amp.twimg.com/v/ef76d41b-73ba-491b-bb83-9153e44ddf62

Nothing new at all apart from a look at the batsuit from the shoulders up.

(A tweet for a teaser for a trailer, what's that about anyway??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thats a mean looking suit
    1FLP3Tv.png

30 secs of the teaser/trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I don't know if this is official or fan made but f*ck it this looks deadly.

10857138_10153244699389747_9167154031427027970_o.jpg

A cam version of the full trailer is doing the rounds online now. I couldn't resist and just had to watch it. Yep, I'm definitely all-in for this movie.
    Tell me, do you bleed? Do you?
    :eek:
    Chewie, we're home
    from Star Wars and the above quote from Batman v Superman all in one day, great stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i thought he said, how do you plead?

...murky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

meh...trailer didnt blow me away.

tough following the star wars trailer 2 though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I thought the trailer was awful....Afflecks voice was really dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I thought it looked good, pretty much what I expected, looking forward to seeing a HD version hopefully on line next week.

I think after yesterday's Star Wars trailer being released, everything that follows may disappoint some folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just watched the trailer there. Thought it was brillant. I'm not sure what people were expecting when they were disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It's a by-the-numbers teaser. Lots of vague "bigger meaning" questions. A glimpse of Luthor's ideology.
    The most interesting thing is Batman. It looks like he might be turned into a complete psychopath.

And the batsuit is exquisite.

I don't mind his voice one bit; just found it menacing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An 11 month wait for the release they can't really give away much with that kind of wait or people might lose interest.

They will be drip feeding bits every month would be my guess.

Trailer was excellent, for me more significant than Star Wars : D, it's still only a teaser by the way, the first official one (Comic con one, was just comic con, wont appear again)

His voice is odd because it's not straight up his voice imo, it appears like he is wearing a more advanced suit.

I believe the quote is also
    "Do you bleed?.......You will....."

I watched the Star Wars trailer this morning and was like "cool, looking forward to this"

I watched the Batman vs Superman this morning and was like "I'm actually not prepared for this"

Most anticipated release for me, definitely.

With the leak now pretty widespread, any chance WB will just release the official version sooner than Monday?

I want to wait for the proper HD version before I judge it.

An 11 month wait for the release they can't really give away much with that kind of wait or people might lose interest.

They will be drip feeding bits every month would be my guess.

Thats my feeling, I thought they perfectly managed the Man of Steel trailer cycle, and genuinely built serious hype.

As opposed to say Terminator with it's recent trailer, that has made up a lot of peoples minds to skip the movie entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Just saw the trailer... looked great, even if it was a cam...

The film is still a year away, but i am very happy to see the Dark Knight Returns scene imaged so closely in the movie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thats my feeling, I thought they perfectly managed the Man of Steel trailer cycle, and genuinely built serious hype.

As opposed to say Terminator with it's recent trailer, that has made up a lot of peoples minds to skip the movie entirely.

Yeah why did they do that, condense the whole film into a trailer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,320 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the trailer running before Age of Ultron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I believe the quote is also
    "Do you bleed?.......You will....."

It is I checked it on google translate

Really liked that.

I reckon the voice only sounds odd/robotic as he's wearing the power armour when he says that line.

(Which looked amazing)

Screenshot_2015_04_17_10_45_00.png

So I've watched the full trailer a few times and its safe to say I'm excited.

• Advertisement

It's a by-the-numbers teaser. Lots of vague "bigger meaning" questions. A glimpse of Luthor's ideology.
    The most interesting thing is Batman. It looks like he might be turned into a complete psychopath.

And the batsuit is exquisite.

I don't mind his voice one bit; just found it menacing.

Going by rumours this Wayne will be in a very bad place, hence why he might come across as unhinged.

Otacon wrote: »
    With the leak now pretty widespread, any chance WB will just release the official version sooner than Monday?

I want to wait for the proper HD version before I judge it.

I'd say no chance. The trailer is first being aired before Age of Ultron in a deal between DC and Marvel, and there has been a marketing thing where basically there is preview showings of the new avengers film, and Dc are encouraging signups based on the premiere of the trailer.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Going by rumours this Wayne will be in a very bad place, hence why he might come across as unhinged.

What rumours are these? While I have actively tried avoiding anything detailed in terms of the story, some drastic conclusions there from a two second shot of him.

Considering the tone of that trailer, and that this film is basically Man of Steel 2, following on from that, the world is very much in flux about how to react to a Superman, and his intentions.

It's possible Bruce Wayne see's Superman as a major threat, and that's how he takes him on, not that he becomes some sort of lunatic.

Superman Vs Batman has been done to death in the comic world obviously, but the most significant was the Dark Knight Returns encounter, there might be some ideas from that taken here, but not obviously the circumstances of the encounter.

I guess if they were clever, they will use the Superman vs Zod destruction that fans made a stink about, into a narrative for why there is serious distrust there.

What rumours are these?

Unless we have heard different ones, I think Jon Stark is talking about
    the rumour that when we meet Bruce in BvS:DoJ, Jason Todd has already been killed by The Joker. Hence why people are saying The Joker will have a Hannibal Lector-type role in the Suicide Squad movie.

Otacon wrote: »
    Unless we have heard different ones, I think Jon Stark is talking about
    the rumour that when we meet Bruce in BvS:DoJ, Jason Todd has already been killed by The Joker. Hence why people are saying The Joker will have a Hannibal Lector-type role in the Suicide Squad movie.

Yup, and also that (potentially major spoiler)
    Gordon may be dead at the hands of the Joker as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Man of Steel trailer was one of the best blockbuster trailers I had seen in ages, and still remember the welling of enthusiasm off the back of it, with its enticing imagery and stirring use of the soundtrack. I wanted to run outside with a towel tied around my neck pretending to be superman :D Heck, it felt like there might be a chance it could back the ... nobility? of being a superhero. Nope. It was a big, fat grimdark angsty mess of a film. There's no way I'm falling for that trick twice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Didn't know this was leaked until I watched the Star Wars trailer and inevitably through twitter was led to this trailer.

What a line to finish on. I'm excited and I wasn't before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Really can't wait for this. Love how dark and intimidating it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

This is exactly what I wanted to see from a trailer. I'm way more excited for this than Star Wars.

The line at the end is an obvious 'OH SH!T' moment, but they've actually managed to cram a lot of subtle hints in there without spoiling anything.
    I think the rumors about Bruce/Batman being in a bad place mentally could be spot on. We hear Alfred say: "That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. It turns good men, cruel."
    I really like where they're going with how the world is reacting to Superman.

I'm pretty sure that it's Luthor who says: "We know better now don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us, they come from the sky."
    Also, anyone else spot the little Neil deGrasse Tyson voice over cameo: "We're talking about a being whose very existence challenges our own sense of priority in the universe."

Well played DC :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Guess it's kind of a given now then that DC are sticking with using the dark and gritty atmosphere to their advantage. Some people mightn't like that, but lots of others will because it'll set them apart from marvel. There's no way they could compete with marvel by doing similar lighthearted and childish humour in their films, marvel are already too far ahead to even be considered DCs competition with regards to the movies so they should stick to doing their own thing.

Really hope we get some more Dragon Ball Z type fighting like in MoS from Faora.

Advertisement