Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about primal fear

Options
  • 26-03-2015 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭

The movie was great, but I have one big plot hole that I can't seem to find discussed anywhere. Spoilers.
    At the end when it is revealed that the split personality is fake Roy says that it was Aron who never existed. The suggestion is that he invented this stuttering loser to manipulate the court - which is reasonable. But if that is the case then how come the other altar boy, Alex seemed to have such a low opinion of him.

Also how was the guy with the crippling stammer in such a successful choir.

I heard the original cut in the movie had witnesses from his childhood, but those witnesses kind of gave away the twist, but I feel the complete absence of literally any witness who knew him before the murder was more damning to the movie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I can't remember exactly what the other Altar boy said, so not sure how at odds it was with the reality.
    But its possible that he was aware that he was putting it on, as was the girl.
    He was a supposed to be a bit of a loner, so other than those two nobody else knew him.

As for singing, people who stutter, generally don't stutter when they sing. Elvis had a stutter, and many other famous singers too.

Advertisement