Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Nights: Bisbing v Le / Bendo v Dos Anjos

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

ASOT wrote: »
    I said it at that fight, on here & to king himself if that fight was anywhere else but Dublin it would have been stopped imo. Hendersons legs folded as he went limp and he has a blank look on his face, took two big shots while not protecting himself and it would have been more if it wasnt stopped. Iv seen way worse stoppages than this. Its a non issue imo and was stopped correctly.

it should be irrelevant where the fight is.. we ve seen fighters get worse beating than this relatively soft stoppage especially for someone of bendos stature where you know he can eat a shot and recover if you watch that vid you can see at the end his turning to scramble from the punches,

Not the worst stoppage in the world i have seen worse but it was certainly early!

amkin25 wrote: »
    If people think this was a good stoppage then what do you make of the Pendred,King fight where Pendred was in much worse trouble than this.

I am a bit conflicted on this stoppage,i can see the arguments for it being stopped,but he could have given it another couple of seconds to see how it all panned out,the punch might have put him down but he was partially defending himself,and we will never know would he really have finished him off there,i'm not so sure he would have finished the fight from here,Benson didn't look out or near out at the point big John stepped in.

Yeah i 100% agree with yeah you can see right after the fight bendo is straight back up, should have let it go abit longer, i think henderson would have survived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

evo2000 wrote: »
    Yeah i 100% agree with yeah you can see right after the fight bendo is straight back up, should have let it go abit longer, i think henderson would have survived

Absolutely no chance.

The gif cuts off, but just before Bendo gets up and starts jogging around he's absolutely out of it between Big John McCarthy's legs.

100% correct stoppage imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance.

The gif cuts off, but just before Bendo gets up and starts jogging around he's absolutely out of it between Big John McCarthy's legs.

Exactly he fell forward after that leaving his head wide open which dos Anjos would have pummelled had McCarthy not stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,090 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

amkin25 wrote: »
    ,the punch might have put him down but he was partially defending himself,
    Partially?
    He has absolutely no defense what so ever at the punch onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

Mellor wrote: »
    Partially?
    He has absolutely no defense what so ever at the punch onwards.

Like i said i can see why people think it was a good stoppage because he did get rocked by the punch and his legs went,but slow motion replays are deceiving sometimes in my opinion.

The look on Bensons face after going down,at the point when big John stepped in,that looked like somebody scambling,people i think mistake the scambling for being in trouble,had this being given another minute id safely bet Benson would have scrambled and got back to his feet pretty fast.

I don't think he was in major trouble even though it was a big shot,its only a good stoppage if the fighter is gonna take unnecessary punishment,here i don't think that was the case,we seen him rocked before and recovering to win,am not his biggest fan either,but still think this stoppage was a bit early and Dos Anjos wouldn't have finished him off from this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Admit it the only reason people thought it was stopped too early was Bendo was sparred more punishment and they would have enjoyed him getting loads more digs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Not a Bendo fan but thought John did well getting in to stop it. Even after complaining to the ref and having a jog on the spot when he was going over to Dos Anjos Bendo was still out it and the big I'm out of it smile but I don't know I am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,090 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

califano wrote: »
    In my view its so rare to get an omaplata because its much easier to get out of than to apply. Your man was useless trying to get out of it in fairness.
    I wouldn't say being easy to escape is the reason tbh. Most of the time we see it, it's being used as a sweep or transition, and its not being defended there. But it can be hard to get the tap. I think that's the reason, it's more effective to go omo-backtake than to try too long for the sub.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance.

his between hsi legs because he was scrambling away from punches the gif makes it look worse than what it was the so called "punishment shots" were only glancing if you watch it, henderson has been hit with worse and survived i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Could it have been let go a little longer probably yes.
    Have there been much worse early stoppages yes!
    When its that close the ref has little time to make the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mellor wrote: »
    I wouldn't say being easy to escape is the reason tbh. Most of the time we see it, it's being used as a sweep or transition, and its not being defended there. But it can be hard to get the tap. I think that's the reason, it's more effective to go omo-backtake than to try too long for the sub.

Yah i agree, good assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Initially i thought it was a bit early but on the replay he was going to be put out cold if it wasn't stopped, zero attempts at intelligently defending himself as he didn't know where he was.

What a serious division, almost anybody in the top 5-8 can beat anyone else on their day. Hands down the best division in the MMA world.

Advertisement