Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Warriors 70, The Helix, August 16

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a list of the amateur fights that were on?

I'd say CW might upload them. If they do you can probably expect them on YouTube in the next few days, they are still in the process of uploading the other fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a list of the amateur fights that were on?

You aint seen me....right?
    Vincent McCrory (IFS) vs. Ron Butler (Lucan MMA)
    James Gallagher (SBG) vs. Matthew Mullen (Team Torres)
    Tommy Martin (SBG) vs. Lukazs Dawidowics (Lone Wolf)
    Keith McCabe (Balance) vs. Paul Lawrence (Rush FA)
    Kiefer Crosbie (SBG) vs. Ayo Daly (Team Ryano)
    Frans Mlambo (SBG) vs Valdrim Lubishtani (Cill Dara)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭steviemac

What happened with the Costigan fight? Just watching McGahon's post-fight interviews there and Costigan's opponent sounds like a bit of a nutter. That fight wasn't televised, apparently she wasn't happy with the stoppage and attacked a fan on the way out?

She did jump the barrier to get to 2 girls who were very disrespectful to her,But still dose not give her the right to attack them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watched the Catherine fight, beaming for her! What the hell was the other one at with that double feet face stomp, she knew exactly what she was trying to do. Fair play Catherine for the class, she could have easily popped that elbow. Hopefully the other fights will be up soon enough, need to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

califano wrote: »
    You aint seen me....right?
    Vincent McCrory (IFS) vs. Ron Butler (Lucan MMA)
    James Gallagher (SBG) vs. Matthew Mullen (Team Torres)
    Tommy Martin (SBG) vs. Lukazs Dawidowics (Lone Wolf)
    Keith McCabe (Balance) vs. Paul Lawrence (Rush FA)
    Kiefer Crosbie (SBG) vs. Ayo Daly (Team Ryano)
    Frans Mlambo (SBG) vs Valdrim Lubishtani (Cill Dara)
    The McCabe and Lawrence fight was scrapped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What happened with the Costigan fight? Just watching McGahon's post-fight interviews there and Costigan's opponent sounds like a bit of a nutter. That fight wasn't televised, apparently she wasn't happy with the stoppage and attacked a fan on the way out?

I was about three seats to the left of the 'fans' she tried to 'attack'.

What happened was the following:

Costigan caught her opponent in an armbar and despite pulling and pulling, her opponent would not tap out. Eventually, to save your one's arm, the ref stopped the fight as it was only a matter of time before the arm snapped and thus Costigan got the win.

It seemed as though Costigan had three real life friends sitting in the crowd who went semi-berserk when she one the fight. When her opponent was leaving the cage area, Costigan's friends erupted in a screaming laughter type of thing, a real sort of in-your-face kind of laugh. Clearly, Costigan's opponent wasn't too impressed and she took a run straight for the girls in the crowd before her trainer/coach managed to grab her around the waist and pull her back.

A mix of losing the fight despite not tapping (even though it was for her own safety) coupled with three girlos getting under your skin and it almost boiled over had it not been for a quick-off-his-feet French man.

This was my first time at a Cage Warriors event and each fight was superb! Brought the little brother along this time and he's officially hooked. Some wonderful performances on display, especially Artem and his incredible stoppage in round #3 after that brutal head kick in round #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

I guess the Ref has his own unique view standing right over the action but I can understand not allowing the arm to break for the sake of 10/20 extra seconds of a possible fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

darced wrote: »

You may be right. I'm not sure. All I know is if you keep pulling something's gonna' pop or break which doesn't sound too pleasant at all.

Personally I think the fight should have continued, as it was a professional bout and if the fighter thinks she is safe or that she can escape, well then... let her try. I also understand Peter Lavery stepping it to protect the fighter to avoid it getting to that stage. Unless, and I've only watched the event in person, perhaps the fighter was on the mat with a grimace of pain across her face? That would be a just stoppage I assume?

The tough life of a Referee. I wonder if we would be discussing whether the fight should have been stopped earlier had her arm taken some serious damage as a result of that armbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

She obviously had a very poor ground game either way, as evidenced by her flailing body and the fact that Catherine literally fell into mount after the outside leg sweep. She also gave up the arm when turning away initially. Having said all that I'm not sure I agree with the intervention, Costigan wasn't engaging her hips enough in the armbar and I don't think her opponent would have tapped unless Costigan applied the armbar properly.

Either way her opponent was cooked and not the worst stoppage I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Program on Channel 4 tonight at 12:55 with Saturday nights fights

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

You can catch up with last night's Channel 4 broadcast of CWFC 70 on 4oD - HERE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Watched the fights last night,Paul Redmond looked excellent it was a great win and he was in control for the whole fight! Duffy is an exciting fighter and I'm sure he's only a few fights away from a move to the UFC ! He has serious skills and will have a great career

• Advertisement

Main-card highlights from Saturday...

• Advertisement