Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors 70, The Helix, August 16

Options
  • 25-07-2014 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Three weeks to go.

Time to create some more memorable moments like this...

Tickets selling fast but available HERE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Good to see Joe Duffy making a return to MMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Does the channel 4 deal extend to this event even though it's on outside the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really looking forward to this. Still on a live MMA buzz from last week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Brilliant. It's like some lovely methadone to ease the comedown from the rush of UFC Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

John_D80 wrote: »
    Does the channel 4 deal extend to this event even though it's on outside the uk?

Highlights of all events between now and the end of 2014 will be on Channel 4, yes.

• Advertisement

Ten days to go. Tickets still available from TheHelix.ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Grabbed my tickets for this. Looking forward to a good night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Got my tickets too. What i think these events are missing is fight card. Im going to create my own from sherdog etc and print it up to bring on the nite. Bringing my brother whos never seen a live event before and dont think hes even seen a UFC card but i showed him the promo clips and he was sold!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bought my tickets, just waiting on them to be posted out now!

Mate backed out of this so looks like I'll be going by myself. Still looking forward to a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Lads, does anyone have any spare €35 tickets available for this? Our idiot of a mate got the wrong amount and one of our friends is now without a ticket. None available on the helix website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorely tempted, but my mate who's the only other MMA hardcore I know has backed out and I don't fancy driving from Donegal and back myself.

Booked tickets ages ago and still haven't been sent out yet. Are tickets usually posted out this late?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Booked tickets ages ago and still haven't been sent out yet. Are tickets usually posted out this late?

You're sure you didn't choose "Box Office Collection"? That's the option I normally choose. Never had a problem.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You're sure you didn't choose "Box Office Collection"? That's the option I normally choose. Never had a problem.

Definitely opted for the tickets to be posted out. I'll ring them up anyway and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Highlights of all events between now and the end of 2014 will be on Channel 4, yes.

Any idea when the highlites will be on??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mulpeter v Bostwick off.

Bostwick nowhere near the weight. Mulpeter weighs in correctly and receives his purse.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Mulpeter v Bostwick off.

Bostwick nowhere near the weight. Mulpeter weighs in correctly and receives his purse.

Ah heyor, I was looking forward to this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Info for anyone who wants to watch it live online ... http://www.cagewarriors.com/news/article/cage_warriors_70_dublin

• Advertisement

Ah FFS Very unprofessional from Bostwick, he should be made go up a weight now. Bought my tickets partially based on this fight. Id say they are furious at him.
    Was looking forward to that, id say nobody is more dissapointed that Mulpeter is though.
    Cage warriors trying their best to incentivise fighters too.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Mulpeter v Bostwick off.

How far out was he?

Also where did the weigh-ins take place?. Usually hear about the weigh-ins but not this time and didnt see anything about the weigh ins on their twitter or website on the run up to this event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How far out was he?

11lbs according to CW site

The fight has been scrapped due to Bostwick being unable to make the 171lbs limit for his welterweight clash with the Irishman at The Helix tomorrow night.

Bostwick arrived at the CWFC hotel in Dublin yesterday (Thursday) morning, weighing 194lbs. The 24-year Englishman tipped the scales at 182lbs at 11.05am this morning but was unable to cut any further.

califano wrote: »
    Also where did the weigh-ins take place?. Usually hear about the weigh-ins but not this time and didnt see anything about the weigh ins on their twitter or website on the run up to this event.

Weigh-ins took place at the Carlton Hotel, as per all Dublin events, and all details were on our Twitter - HERE - this afternoon as normal.

Sorry don't know how I missed that.

EDIT: Ah i seen how i missed it, i was following CWTV, thought that was your only twitter.

Is this online anywhere (legally)?

I'm working night shift tonight so wouldn't mind watching it back then.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is this online anywhere (legally)?

I'm working night shift tonight so wouldn't mind watching it back then.

Yeah here you go.
    And Setanta1 from 9pm and Setanta Irl from 10pm(freeview with upc).

Love the "cheap seats" in The Helix

318671.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Love the "cheap seats" in The Helix

318671.jpg

I must be behind you

Advertisement