Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores in Shanghai?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi

So I'm in shanghai at the minute and I've signed up to a martial arts school. I need to go buy training gear as I have none with me.

I'll be looking to get five pairs of shorts/T-shirts so I need to get them cheap. I've seen the big expensive shops, but they are too pricey. I've checked the malls that have lots of little shops selling handbags, electronics, etc. but there is no where to try the stuff on, and I hate the way the people are so pushy.

So... As the title suggests.. Does anyone know the dunnes stores (or pennys!) equivalent in shanghai? An actual store you can browse normally (without hassle) that sells cheap gear?

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

You should have Walmart in Shanghai, no?
    They always have a decent clothes section.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The only issue in China is their concept of sizes is not the same as a western one. Try everything on before you buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

fleet wrote: »
    You should have Walmart in Shanghai, no?
    They always have a decent clothes section.

Nah, the Walmart here is terrible.

If the OP still needs stuff bought, he could get a friend to buy them on Taobao for him. Pretty much next-day delivery..

Advertisement