Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 neads90

Hi everyone,

I'm due to start a masters in UL in September. Looking to rent a room, preferably somewhere nice and quiet with other postgrads/mature students/professionals. Just wondering if anyone is looking for a room mate or if ye can give me some recommendations on where to look and what estates to stay clear off.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

If you're looking for a house share then there's still plenty of places available around Castletroy for reasonable prices. Rent.ie is a good place to look, found one myself on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarz47

Hi all,

We have two very nice single rooms available from September in Castletroy, sharing with 4th year physics students. €250 per month, insulation double glazing broadband etc. let me know if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Looking for a house in Elm Park, or somewhere close by (not College Court) for 2nd semester.

Im returning from Coop, want somewhere cheap, but within 5 minutes walk. Lived in Curragh Birin last year, and found it a bit too far to walk. Plus house is gone.

PM if you guy know anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dantier27

sarz47 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We have two very nice single rooms available from September in Castletroy, sharing with 4th year physics students. €250 per month, insulation double glazing broadband etc. let me know if you're interested.

Hi, I'm looking for a room. Repeating 3rd year so should be in 4th. Where abouts is house.. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 katie44

neads90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm due to start a masters in UL in September. Looking to rent a room, preferably somewhere nice and quiet with other postgrads/mature students/professionals. Just wondering if anyone is looking for a room mate or if ye can give me some recommendations on where to look and what estates to stay clear off.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
    Groody student village is v.safe, having a 6foot gated complex with security staff. There's still accomodation available for groody on daft.ie..hope that's of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rubystar25

Looking for somewhere to rent around castletroy for the first semester....I'm a third year physics student. Anyone know of any places available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rubystar25

sarz47 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Would you be willing to rent to someone for the first semester or does it have to be for the full year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

I will probably be looking for a room in a nice quiet area. Male, 19 y/o 1st year Aero Engineering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Quick question because I can't remember from first year... does Kilmurry provide duvets? I can only take my stuff down two weeks after I move in so don't really feel like dragging a duvet around on a bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

sup_dude wrote: »
    Quick question because I can't remember from first year... does Kilmurry provide duvets? I can only take my stuff down two weeks after I move in so don't really feel like dragging a duvet around on a bus...

As far as I remember yes, you need your own sheets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Owanea1

I'm supposed to be going into 2nd year and have accommodation booked on campus for next year but got offered a course on the CAO this morning I didn't think I would.
    I've already paid the first installment of €2000+ But just wondering can I get this back at this stage?

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 junior100

is it possible to switch from plassey to kilmurry for a incoming first year?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Owanea1 wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be going into 2nd year and have accommodation booked on campus for next year but got offered a course on the CAO this morning I didn't think I would.
    I've already paid the first installment of €2000+ But just wondering can I get this back at this stage?

Thanks for the help.

As far as I'm aware, yes it's possible. You'll probably lose the €250 deposit, but I'm 99.9% sure once you get on to them ASAP you'll be fine.

Congrats on getting the course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Hey guys

Im looking for a room for my friend from Spain

He will be here for 1 year, is seeking a room (double or single) between 200-300e, can pay a deposit etc and ill happily vouch for him. Nice guy.

Going down to view a house in Oaklawns, any good/bad experiences? PM if you don't want to congest thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Going down to view a house in Oaklawns, any good/bad experiences? PM if you don't want to congest thread :)

Decent enough, good enough area with good shops and stuff.

Decent enough, good enough area with good shops and stuff.

Would it be say, 10 minutes from Stables? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

About 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. About as handy as it gets for Lidl and Chawkes (and the best butcher in Castletroy ;) )
    Rooms themselves can be a bit small.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Would it be say, 10 minutes from Stables? :confused:

You'd make it to the East Gate in 5 minutes if you're a fast enough walker. Another five or so to Stables then.

I was living in Oaklawns for the summer and tis a nice enough place. I'd say some of the houses'd be cold enough in the winter though so bear that in mind. Walls are paper thin and if you're sitting downstairs you'll hear pretty much everything upstairs.

But IMO the houses are nicer than Elm, and I think Oaklawns is generally quieter, although obviously I couldn't say that with certainty based on the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Micksy Rabbit

Live there myself. Very nice houses, but can a bit cold in winter (all off campus houses are the same). Bout 10 min walk to the college courtyard (stables,Students Union, Spar etc). Even quicker if you go across the fields beside the Arena, however I'd only recommend that in dry weather.

If anyone is coming off Co-op in January, i've a place in a house. €65pw, Oaklawns.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

First year checking into college accomodition tomorrow. I was planning on driving up myself but I see all this stuff about witnesses in the licence agreement? Can I come on my own or do parents need to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can someone delete this I posted the original post in the wrong forum :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Who moved in to accommodation today?

Just settled into Plassey, nice enough house but a lot of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Aragneer wrote: »

I moved into Kilmurry. It's great! I got a double room and it's one of those bigger houses.

Nice!

I actually got one of the bigger rooms in Plassey (more floor space) and it is at the back near the trees so no noise from the roads or the other students! I remember in my first year mostly fourth years and erasmus were put here so happy out!

Only problem is the heap of breakages and paint peeling off the wall, definitely one of the older houses but ah well! :)

Is the internet okay for you there?

Aragneer wrote: »

You probably know this already, but just be sure to take pictures of existing damage and bring it to Reception's attention as quickly as possible. Otherwise they'll absolutely screw you with the deposit at the end of the year.

Went down today and dropped off some stuff. At the very end of Dromroe village, room facing what we'll call the Engineering Building side, so I'm pretty happy. Only downside is the trees outside make the room a bit dark, but that could have had more to do with today's weather than anything else. :P

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You probably know this already, but just be sure to take pictures of existing damage and bring it to Reception's attention as quickly as possible. Otherwise they'll absolutely screw you with the deposit at the end of the year.

Went down today and dropped off some stuff. At the very end of Dromroe village, room facing what we'll call the Engineering Building side, so I'm pretty happy. Only downside is the trees outside make the room a bit dark, but that could have had more to do with today's weather than anything else. :P

Tomorrow I am going to go and complain about a broken drawer in my room and the black mould since that is pretty dangerous..and it isn't even winter yet so that will get worse. I will also point out that a lot of paint is peeling :/

I don't want to seem like a whiner though :/ Dammit!

Also my house is by trees too so it is also really dark..had to have the lights on throughout the day today but hopefully it was just weather!

Advertisement