Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places of interest in Dublin

Options
  • 07-08-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Hi

Bringing my daughter to Dublin next week Tues to Thurs, just wondering where would should I bring her that would be of interest (shops etc ) to her , shes really interested in her art and Anime and Manga

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Forbidden Planet would probably be the go-to. There's another place just off George's St but I forgotten the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

There's another place just off George's St but I forgotten the name.

Sub City?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Theres a small stall in the Georges St arcade that sells anime related merch, mainly stuff from Bleach/Naruto etc.

Sadly not much else round Dublin that sells anything anime related.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

If you're up around the Dundrum Shopping Center area you could try The Big Bang Comic Book Store.

www.thebigbang.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Theres a small stall in the Georges St arcade that sells anime related merch, mainly stuff from Bleach/Naruto etc.

Sadly not much else round Dublin that sells anything anime related.

Wouldn't recommend this spot, full of bootlegged material unfortunately.

Forbidden Planet is pretty much the best Dublin as when it comes to anime/manga goods so I'd aim for there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Tower Records (both the flagship store and the Easons one) have good anime DVD and Bluray selections. Pricey though.

There's a secondhand manga section in Chapters on Parnell St. too she might like.

Oh and Screen Cinema on D'Olier St. is running a Studio Ghibli season next week!
    http://www.imccinemas.ie/home.asp?idcinema=5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

HMV actually have a reasonable anime dvd section now in their Dublin stores, their bluray selection still needs work though.

Advertisement