Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF "just dont seem to be going anywhere" , says FF top brass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

In Dublin colleges FF are first or second in terms of membership, sad but true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Not the first fianna failer not able to back up a statement with a few facts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not the first fianna failer not able to back up a statement with a few facts.

Eh, how about this to begin with? Important to note that the article refers to last year, and does not take into account a spike in membership this year. It is a similar story across Ireland.

DCU Ógra Fianna Fail the biggest political society on campus
    DCU Ógra Fianna Fail are the biggest political society in DCU after more than doubling their membership this year.
    DCU Sinn Féin is down two members from last year, with 25 students signing up during the Clubs and Socs days.

Poor Sinn Féin, they can't even outdo Fianna Fáil when the party is supposedly a toxic brand.

I don't really sit around on my computer to answer questions from random forum members on demand. However, since you seem to think it is a requirement to do so - can you please provide me with one reliable independent source that states that SF is the largest society on any campus in Ireland?

Eh, how about this to begin with? Important to note that the article refers to last year, and does not take into account a spike in membership this year. It is a similar story across Ireland.

Poor Sinn Féin, they can't even outdo Fianna Fáil when the party is supposedly a toxic brand.

I don't really sit around on my computer to answer questions from random forum members on demand. However, since you seem to think it is a requirement to do so - can you please provide me with one reliable independent source that states that SF is the largest society on any campus in Ireland?

So now your saying DCU sinn fein is down two members, I thought you said they weren't in the colleges?

You'll go far in fianna fail alright.

Its like watching dermot ahern lying to us all the day before the troika took over the country, or as ivan yates called them " the nodding donkeys".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So now your saying DCU sinn fein is down two members, I thought you said they weren't in the colleges?

You'll go far in fianna fail alright.

Its like watching dermot ahern lying to us all the day before the troika took over the country, or as ivan yates called them " the nodding donkeys".

Where did I say there were not in all of the colleges?

I am still waiting for you to provide me with a link that says SF are stronger than Ógra in Irish colleges. Will you please provide a reliable source?

DCU Ógra Fianna Fail are the biggest political society in DCU after more than doubling their membership this year.
    DCU Sinn Féin is down two members from last year, with 25 students signing up during the Clubs and Socs days.

• Advertisement

Having sat on a board that governs college societies, I can assure you that Sinn Féin are not registered in more than UL.

What's this?

What's this?

Does that equate to me stating that SF are not registered in all campuses in Ireland? No, so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Besides, it has been a few years since I have been involved at that level so perhaps things have changed. What hasn't changed is this though - Ógra Fianna Fáil continue to dominate Sinn Féin Republican Youth across Irish universities. I am still waiting for you to post a link that says otherwise.

Does that equate to me stating that SF are not registered in all campuses in Ireland? No, so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Besides, it has been a few years since I have been involved at that level so perhaps things have changed. What hasn't changed is this though - Ógra Fianna Fáil continue to dominate Sinn Féin Republican Youth across Irish universities. I am still waiting for you to post a link that says otherwise.

I don't really care whether they are or not.

Its quite funny as a fianna fail mouthpiece how you'll twist and turn when your story has been shown to be false! So now your saying you haven't really been involved in a few years.

You'll have a great career in fianna fail alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭IrishProd

Where did I say there were not in all of the colleges?

I am still waiting for you to provide me with a link that says SF are stronger than Ógra in Irish colleges. Will you please provide a reliable source?

Oh wow, in one college you got some more new members in 2012 but not much more than Sinn Féin, good for you.

Despite saying that
    Sinn Féin are not registered in more than UL.

Now you are saying they are, after having been caught lying. Here are some recent photos of Fianna Fáil's and Sinn Féin new members in University College Cork.

UCC, Fianna Fáil cumann

UCC, Sinn Féín cumann

Hmmmmm, I wonder which one is stronger and has more members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭grainnewhale

goose2005 wrote: »
    But what would spark this recovery? Their main selling point was 'we're the party in power - we can hand out goodies to voters and jobs to supporters.' They've never been out of power for more than 4 1/2 years since 1932. Ten years without it could kill them for good.

You answered your own question. Simply ten years of F.G and lab and then F.G and S.F. I would predict a landslide for F.F and a one party government.

• Advertisement

I would predict a landslide for F.F and a one party government.

When exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

If its true then im sure Oraga FF promised the students if you join we will give you free drink and free nights out. When them students graduate and realise they have to emigrate im sure they wont renew their memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

jjbrien wrote: »
    If its true then im sure Oraga FF promised the students if you join we will give you free drink and free nights out. When them students graduate and realise they have to emigrate im sure they wont renew their memberships.

Promises, promises, that sounds like FF alright.

UCD FF actually do promise free hot whiskey lol!

UCD FF actually do promise free hot whiskey lol!

It is forbidden for societies and clubs in campuses to advertise and use alcohol for any kind of promotion and marketing.

Tell me more, so I can get the Fianna Failures fined and banned.

IrishProd wrote: »
    It is forbidden for societies and clubs in campuses to advertise and use alcohol for any kind of promotion and marketing.

Tell me more, so I can get the Fianna Failures fined and banned.
    Beyond politics altogether, the KBC and its members are renowned for partying and holding some of UCD's legendary drinks receptions, the first of which is our annual Hot Whiskey Session on the Thursday of Freshers' Week.
    http://www.ucd.ie/kbc/about.htm

Thats what they tell everyone at the stall, its their first event of the year

As you can tell from that page they are obviously a heavyweight, intellectual bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Beyond politics altogether, the KBC and its members are renowned for partying and holding some of UCD's legendary drinks receptions, the first of which is our annual Hot Whiskey Session on the Thursday of Freshers' Week.

Other events include Trad. Nights, and Term Parties and numerous Dáil Bar visits. The Cumann always has an action packed year planned for its members. Whether you are interested in politics or not, it is worth being a member of the Kevin Barry Cumann if only for the sessions, craic and above all the friends you will make during the year.

Numerous Dail bar visits. Now that makes me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

raymon wrote: »
    Numerous Dail bar visits. Now that makes me mad.

That piece you quoted, that's an extract from a script for a Father Ted episode. Surely ? Has to be? I can almost hear Father Noel Furlong say it.

Advertisement