Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clever hotels ( Navelar ) file for insolvency

• 24-08-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

I booked with these in June via trivago and just got the following email. I have since rang the hotel and they confirmed they received payment and the reservation wont be cancelled. People who booked more recent might not be as lucky.

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that Navelar GmbH had to file for insolvency on 22.08.2013. The preliminary insolvency administrator of the company has immediately started negotiations with the main contractual partners of Navelar, but unfortunately these negotiations have been terminated without a solution.

The companies, through which Navelar has booked hotel rooms for its customers, have announced this afternoon that they will cancel all bookings of Navelar. Your booking will probably be affected as well.

We can’t assess how quickly your personal booking can be cancelled by our partner, as this cancellation period has been negotiated between our wholesale partner and the individual hotel, but we deem it possible that you might be requested to pay again to the hotel directly.

We therefore expect that you may have claims for reimbursement of your travel costs against Navelar GmbH. According to German legislation these claims can be filed only in the ‘insolvency table’. Once the liquidation proceedings will be opened (probably in October / November, 2013), the insolvency administrator will send you forms to submit your claims. Please be informed that prior registration is not possible for legal reasons.

Due to the large number of stakeholders, we kindly ask you to refrain from contacting Navelar by telephone. Please contact our email account info@clever-hotels.com for enquiries instead. Owing to the expected high volume of enquiries the processing time might be longer than usual.

We are aware that this situation will bring significant hardship for you and we sincerely apologize for this situation. Unfortunately there are no feasible alternative solutions, because of the insolvency of the company.

Kind regards,

Navelar GmbH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Me too, going to ring the hotel in the minute to see if I'm still ok.
    If not, I'm going to get onto the bank and see if they can do a chargeback.
    Won't be using Trivago ever again though.
    At least anytime I used Booking.com the money was not taken until I checked in to the Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 barcon11

i got that dreaded mail yesterday aswell :( althought ive booked through tripadvisor/olotels ...
    ive never booked throught clever hotels .. ive ring my hotel and they have said they have my reservation and "up to now my booking is still confirmed" .....
    we do we do now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Semil71

Has anyone booked with AIB credit card? I just rang them and they told me to send booking confirmation and insolvency email plus signed copy of my cc statement with a letter where I explain the situation and they will contact the liquidator on my behalf. I was hoping to block the payment cuse i just booked the hotel 2 weks ago, but it looks like the refund will take a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

It's not an issue if you have booked via credit card as the credit card company will refund you if the goods(I.e. accomodation) aren't supplied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Agree with above where possible always book with credit card and always ring hotel to confirm booking once payment has been taken from your card. This should really apply to all wholesale online hotel booking sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Griffs

I was going to play dumb and turn up to the hotel with my booking voucher. I assumed the room would still be booked and I'd just have to repay.
    After ringing BOI they said I could apply for a chargeback so I rang the hotel to check my booking.
    It had been cancelled by irishcountryhotels.com ! They were an agency for clever hotels. I'm disappointed they never informed me.
    I had to rebook and pay an extra €30 on top of what I'd already paid.
    Soooooo annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I used Visa Debit.
    Anyone know what's the story then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hello all posting in this thread:

I am closing this thread as their is a very active thread over in the Consumer Issues forum right here that I think would better suit all posters in this thread.

Wish you all Well though with your own reservations and payments!

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement