Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotels in Ireland with nice bathrooms ?!?!

• 11-08-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Basically looking for a nice hotel with nice bathroom with a decently sized bathtub (the bigger the better) that's not going to cost a fortune (like the Merrion etc for example )

Been looking at a few hotels but none seem to give much information about the bathrooms in the rooms they have :mad:

Ideally I'd like it to be somewhere scenic however a built up type area or anywhere in-between will do, just once the bathroom has a big bath and is nice

So any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Brooklodge in Wicklow and the G in Galway are two that stand out in my memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

G is well out of budget unfortunately, I'll check out brook lodge and see =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Some of the rooms in Bellinteer House in Meath have big baths. They only have 34 rooms, all different,
    with different prices.

www.bellinterhouse.com

I love the atmosphere and the prices are reasonable, especially for the smaller rooms.
    You could ring ask which ones have a big bath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I was going to suggest the Merrion, but finished reading your post... I quite liked the huge bathroom on the large Suite at Mount Falcon. It has a freestanding old style bath-tub. ~400 a night I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Seafield in Wexford.

• Advertisement

Gatica wrote: »
    I was going to suggest the Merrion, but finished reading your post... I quite liked the huge bathroom on the large Suite at Mount Falcon. It has a freestanding old style bath-tub. ~400 a night I think.

€400 a nights well out of budget :o

I'll check out seafield thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Castlemartyr near Cork had fabulous bathrooms Nd generally very good deals - it was built to surpass 5 star standards but being east rather than west Cork has held it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

aaabbbb wrote: »
    €400 a nights well out of budget :o

What is your budget?

gandalf wrote: »
    What is your budget?

No more than round the €150 a night mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No more than round the €150 a night mark

Some of the rooms in the osprey in naas have tasty bathrooms...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Are these bathrooms for some sort of 'adult fun' or you just like a room with a nice bathroom, or you looking for a room with a really cool bath?

Are these bathrooms for some sort of 'adult fun' or you just like a room with a nice bathroom, or you looking for a room with a really cool bath?

Just looking for a bath , don't have one at home anymore and really miss it so I've decided to treat myself for a night :)

Just looking for a bath , don't have one at home anymore and really miss it so I've decided to treat myself for a night :)

Try Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny, amazing bedrooms n baths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The fairview in Killarney has jaccuzzi baths in some of the rooms, I stayed 2weekend nights there off season with breakfast (gorgeous) for under 200, think around 140. It's a guesthouse hence the price, like a boutique hotel. Right beside the outlet, 2 min walk to town centre, some bit of noise of course Wkend nights but a lovely spot.

Try Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny, amazing bedrooms n baths.

Was considering there until I'd a look at the reviews on trip advisor and they turned me off. Also seems to be a very kiddy/family orientated place which really isn't my scene at all !! Really don't fancy screaming kids on a trip away ! :pac:

Marcusm wrote: »
    Castlemartyr near Cork had fabulous bathrooms Nd generally very good deals - it was built to surpass 5 star standards but being east rather than west Cork has held it back.

Thanks a million for this suggestion it looks perfect so far so fingers crossed ! You wouldn't happen to have an email for them would you , can't find one anywhere !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I stayed in Kinnitty Castle and got a room with a big stand alone bath right in the centre of a bathroom that was bigger than some hotel rooms.
    Was a standard room, wife was preggers at the time and asked for a room that wasn't miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The Beacon Hotel in sandyford! The king size rooms have an amazing big bath, the showers are amazing, I love the decor in general. The other half and I stay there as a treat to ourselves the odd time. If you book at the right time, it should come in well under budget.

It's twinned with The Morgan in temple bar, but miles cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

monart is the place for you, no kids, massive bedrooms, double bathrooms, lovely grounds, away from everything,....literally, you get the daily paper, (if you want it), and thats it, no distractions, excellent thermal spa all day if you want it, on your own , or with another, doesn't matter, won't beat this place......paradise.....,( jesus, having read that i'm going back!!)

Was considering there until I'd a look at the reviews on trip advisor and they turned me off. Also seems to be a very kiddy/family orientated place which really isn't my scene at all !! Really don't fancy screaming kids on a trip away ! :pac:

Was there with the better half for a couple of nights,

Did not see one kid/mutant/spawn of evil in sight.

Got a suite, lovely big room n massive bathroom.

Was very relaxing.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Wineport Lodge in Glasson has fabulous bathrooms, right on one of the Shannon inner lakes.

Advertisement