Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club at/near Luas green line?

• 28-08-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

I did not play last season, after I came back home from London. I now want to get back into it. The one thing is that I need to be somewhere I can get to from work on the Luas [as I don't drive]. I'm going to be living in Inchicore soon, so its Luas all the way.

In the past, I have found playing no fun at all when I have been totally out of shape [as I am now!] or indeed when there is a culture of not training at the club. Even getting out there one Tues or Thurs a week makes a huge difference come the weekend..

I work just beyond the Sandyford Industrial Estate, so ideally somewhere accessible to the Green Luas line would be great - but I cant think of anywhere? There are a pile of clubs in/near Ballsbridge - but its a bit of a trek from a Luas stop, and would be a nightmare to get to training..

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

[pimp] Stillorgan RFC [/pimp]

www.dublinrugby.com

We train and play at the CUS grounds on Bird Avenue, Dundrum. It's not quite on the Luas line, but it's relatively convenient to Sandyford Industrial Estate.

The good news is that we have players coming to us from all over Dublin, so there's every chance you'll get a lift home anyway.

Training Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I will deffo check Stillorgan RFC out. I need to check how easy or hard it will be for me to get there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I believe it's about 10 mins walk from the Luas Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Stillorgan generally seem to have a good club setup, and the windy arbour stop may be closer than the dundrum stop, but somebody who plays with the club may be able to verify that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Anyone able to tell me how I get from GCD to St. Mary's College training sessions. Bus routes,etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

GDM wrote:
    Anyone able to tell me how I get from GCD to St. Mary's College training sessions. Bus routes,etc?

the 19a(you can get it around the corner from gcd) will bring you to St peters road, walkinstown, it's a 10 min walk from there...

Stillorgan generally seem to have a good club setup, and the windy arbour stop may be closer than the dundrum stop, but somebody who plays with the club may be able to verify that.
    Thanks for the compliment :)

It's much of a muchness which stop you use. One is a straight walk down the Dundrum road to Bird Avenue (Dundrum Station) the other is a trek through some estates, so you need to know where you're going (Windy Arbour).

OP, if you want to head out to training tomorrow, PM me and I can arrange to pick you up along the way and will try sort you for a lift home afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What day do Stillorgan play their matches? Saturday or sunday? I went back to college last september to do a second course and was working weekends so i had to give up rugby. Ive been playign rugby since i was 6, i'm almost 24 now and it was the first season i didnt play rugby :( This year tho, i will more than likely have all saturdays off.....so if anybody knows of clubs that play on saturdays (not many, if any at all i know!) let me know please!

Our J4 team plays on Saturdays, our J3s play on Sundays.

If that's the level you want to play at, feel free to come along to training.

I think I will deffo check out Stillorgan..

I just want social rugby. I want to play on the weekend and have a few beers and a laugh afterwards. Not getting beat by 50 points each week would be nice too :D.

Im very out of shape at the moment, so a few weeks pre-season training will do no harm at all. At my regular level of unfitness [;)] Im about J3/J4 level [at least I was in London for the last few years]. So it could well be a perfect fit..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Our J4 team plays on Saturdays, our J3s play on Sundays.

If that's the level you want to play at, feel free to come along to training.

Thanks for that. I am just looking to play and enjoy my rugby, which i wasnt doing the last season i played. I will find out in the next week about my hours in work for definite, so hopefully i will be in touch with you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

[pimp] Stillorgan RFC [/pimp]

www.dublinrugby.com

We train and play at the CUS grounds on Bird Avenue, Dundrum. It's not quite on the Luas line, but it's relatively convenient to Sandyford Industrial Estate.

The good news is that we have players coming to us from all over Dublin, so there's every chance you'll get a lift home anyway.

Training Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30

Always wondered where they suddenly came from - Salesians - never knew that. 2 finals last year is fab achievement.

How many players have you in total ?

somano wrote:
    Always wondered where they suddenly came from - Salesians - never knew that. 2 finals last year is fab achievement.

How many players have you in total ?
    Thanks for checking out the site.

Numbers at training since re resumed last week have averaged about 45. We have a new coach and he's injecting great spirit into the sessions.

Should be a great season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

We have a new coach and he's injecting great spirit into the sessions.

..... great pain also!! way too many press ups last night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

walshy123 wrote:
    ..... great pain also!! way too many press ups last night :D

Well you shouldn't be dropping the ball that will teach you :D

As far as I could tell, your group dropped as many as ours!

Luckily for me, I like the pressups!

It's those fcuking star-jumps that do me in. :(

I will do my best to make it down on Tuesday. Looking forward to getting back into it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

And what the hell was wrong with old fashioned star jumps, these things he does are a mare!

As far as I could tell, your group dropped as many as ours!

Luckily for me, I like the pressups!

Well you tell wrong - yep they are not star jumps!!!

Luckycharm wrote:
    Well you tell wrong - yep they are not star jumps!!!
    I tell correct... Your group also ended up having to do that run for the fourth dropped ball.

:D

• Advertisement

I tell correct... Your group also ended up having to do that run for the fourth dropped ball.

:D

Nope we only dropped 3 times - I think he had to make up new excercises to keep up with the amount of times your group dropped it ;)

you guys are making me **** myself about the return to pre-season training now :eek:

All the talk of excerises and drills, will we not just be sitting around with pints in hand and talking about the world cup :D

you guys are making me **** myself about the return to pre-season training now :eek:

All the talk of excerises and drills, will we not just be sitting around with pints in hand and talking about the world cup :D
    Patience!

On the Sevens day, there will be much rejoicing and pint consuming. And yay, one will cometh amongst us and truly we will know he is the chosen one when he recites from the book of Stillorgan "Right lads, who's for the Hairy Lemon".

Cast aside thine fears.

Advertisement