Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i5 Skylake Build for €1800 ( or a good bit less )

Options
  • 26-11-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,
    A friend is looking to do a Fast Gaming Skylake build, I've an idea what to get but was looking for ideas from you guys to see if it's close to what I have.

1. What is your budget? [€1800, or as low as possible w/o compromising on quality parts]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming / Latest games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No)

5. Do you need a monitor? [ 1080p at the moment but might get a 1440p ]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [ N/A ]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [ 1080p for now but might get a 1440p monitor included in the budget ]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [ DVD player, Sound and Wifi Card ]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [ Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [ Next few weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dublin]

Ideally want to got with the i5 6600k, water cooler, board needs to be able to take 2-3 cards for future addons, PSU needs to be decent enough to cover this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

p. I realise €1800 is way too much for what he needs but he has his eye on one of the below and also wants a fully modular PSU.

MSI Z 170 A Gaming M7
    Asus Maximus V111 Ranger
    Asus Maximus V111 Hero
    Asus Z 170 Pro Gamer

Anyone any comments on the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get a semi modular PSU. It's modular except the CPU and 24 pin ones are always plugged in, which makes no difference.

I wouldn't bother with a 3 GPU motherboard, SLI/CF arent worth it at that stage unless your dickswinging IMO

Have you an outlined build or do you want one? If so, post it up.

He's changed his mind, he has a 2500K in his current PC that he's going to keep and get a decent GPU to go with it.

What do you reckon is the best GPU the 2500K can handle?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

AntDub wrote: »
    What do you reckon is the best GPU the 2500K can handle?

If he's overclocked the CPU then he can get whatever he wants, pretty much. 980ti, Fury X, whatever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement