Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help translating these from English please?

Options
  • 12-11-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hello,

A friend of mine wants to get a tattoo and have to phrases in Spanish (she's from Spain) that would like to have translated into Gaelic. I am doing the translation from Spanish into English myself :)

1) You live in me.
    2) I take you with me.

The second one is more difficult to translate, is like "I am taking you with me", like in a spiritual sense, not physical.

Her father passed away recently and she gets comfort with this sentiments.

I hope someone can translate this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Luciano

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

No one?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

1) You live in me.
    2) I take you with me.

As its a tattoo, I'm suggesting short sentences...there are longer, slightly more accurate ways of saying the above but what I suggest is:

You live in me: Tá tú ionam. You could say Maireann tú ionam also, but that may be too long...
    I take you with me: Tógaim liom thú/Tógaim liom tú/Tógaim tú liom.

Buena suerte!

Thank you very much,thanks for your time!

What are the original Spanish expressions?

a) "Vives en mi"
    b) "Te llevo conmigo"

• Advertisement

Thanks. I wanted to see how close the Spanish is to the English in terms of idiom, because translating across more than one language pair can be a bit risky.

Advertisement