Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory

Options
  • 30-10-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Lads Im just looking for info from ppl who have used this site.

I am going to place an order for a pg279q from them using bank transfer. Obviously making payment this way is risky I know this. but I just want to know if anyone else has used this site and how they have found them to deal with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've used mindfactory no issue, I wouldn't use bank transfer though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have used them but paid the extra for the Paypal option, I think it is an extra 1.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Bank transfer is madness. A real bugbear of mine but its your money. Zero protection paying that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

yea i hate it.... I just also hate paying paypal :D so its a double edged sword. has anyone had to return items? I read reviews on trustpilot and most of the bad reviews seem to come when attempting to return items for refund or replacement. I ask this because apparently its hit or miss with the pg279q as to the quality of the panel.

Well at least with PayPal your protected if there's a problem, especially if they have ****ty customer service when you need to return something.

I haven't used them yet but will be doing a build soon and they look the cheapest. I'd really rather buy from the UK though cos you know what your getting with those sellers. Amazon.de worth a look too.

• Advertisement

yea i was going to order it from amazon.de but they wont deliver the monitor to ireland. I found it on amazon.es and its a little more expensive but for the piece of mind im tempted to just stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I've used mindfactory a few times and recently had to RMA a motherboard that went dodgy after a week. I found them very easy to deal with and they sorted out my motherboard return within 2 days and shipped a different one out to me that I requested. No problems with the language either and they were quick to respond to my emails.

You can't beat Amazon for the returns process though if anything does go wrong, I'd probably go with them if it's not that much more.

yea.... and with the kinda 50/50 chance of getting a dodgy screen its worth having the piece of mind.... although your post has made me a bit more at ease. i may just go with whatever store has it in stock next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

tazzzZ wrote: »
    yea i was going to order it from amazon.de but they wont deliver the monitor to ireland. I found it on amazon.es and its a little more expensive but for the piece of mind im tempted to just stick with them.

I believe amazon.de now do delivery to Ireland. Not 100% sure of that but read it on here this week.

I believe amazon.de now do delivery to Ireland. Not 100% sure of that but read it on here this week.

they do deliver to Ireland... its just this particular item they dont. I'm not sure what the reason is. prob same reason some items from .co.uk needs to go through parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Try computeruniverse. I ordered my acer XB270HU from them with no issues. If I remember correctly I was able to pay using my Amazon account. It basically processed the order through Amazon's payment interface and I paid with the credit card that I had registered on my Amazon account. No extra fees like paypal.

Luck100 wrote: »
    Try computeruniverse. I ordered my acer XB270HU from them with no issues. If I remember correctly I was able to pay using my Amazon account. It basically processed the order through Amazon's payment interface and I paid with the credit card that I had registered on my Amazon account. No extra fees like paypal.

Thanks for that. I ordered it from them using amazon. there was a 10 euro charge for using amazon... same as paypal but that doesnt bother me too much for the piece of mind of it not being a bank transfer!

I've used mindfactory a few times and recently had to RMA a motherboard that went dodgy after a week. I found them very easy to deal with and they sorted out my motherboard return within 2 days and shipped a different one out to me that I requested. No problems with the language either and they were quick to respond to my emails.

You can't beat Amazon for the returns process though if anything does go wrong, I'd probably go with them if it's not that much more.

How did you find shipping charges back to Germany, was it expensive?

Mindfactory is €45 cheaper for my build but if I have to RMA anything cost might be an issue as opposed to sending it to the UK if I bought with Scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

superg wrote: »

Mindfactory is €45 cheaper for my build but if I have to RMA anything cost might be an issue as opposed to sending it to the UK if I bought with Scan.
    Curious about this myself. I assume they pay the return shipping for an RMA? Do you have to arrange it yourself and get reimbursed, or do they handle it?

Anytime I've had to RMA stuff it's usually the case that you bear the cost to return it and they bear the cost to send a replacement. I assume Mindfactory would be the same which is why I'm wary cos it's pricey enough to send to the UK nevermind Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

superg wrote: »

Sorry about the delay in responding.

I shipped back with UPS and it cost me €25 but they took care of the return shipping. I was still a fair bit out of pocket at the end so definitely factor that in too.

Sorry about the delay in responding.

I shipped back with UPS and it cost me €25 but they took care of the return shipping. I was still a fair bit out of pocket at the end so definitely factor that in too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

I just bought parts from them. the mobo is dead and i had to rma it. they told me if i want a different mobo i have to pay shipping again which is €30. i dont want the same board again cause it has a really bad rating on newegg.
    should i be entitled to get a different board without having to pay shipping costs? i had to pay €17 for the rma

treeminder wrote:
    I just bought parts from them. the mobo is dead and i had to rma it. they told me if i want a different mobo i have to pay shipping again which is €30. i dont want the same board again cause it has a really bad rating on newegg. should i be entitled to get a different board without having to pay shipping costs? i had to pay €17 for the rma

They have to send a replacement free charge. It'll be the same model board though. If you don't want a replacement they just have to refund you and you can buy a different one elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Is there any way to tell how much shipping will be. I know it's €30 per pack, but is there anyway to tell if all your components are in the same pack e.g. I'm thinking about ordering CPU, Motherboard and RAM, are they likely to be shipped together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

farna_boy wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell how much shipping will be. I know it's €30 per pack, but is there anyway to tell if all your components are in the same pack e.g. I'm thinking about ordering CPU, Motherboard and RAM, are they likely to be shipped together?

If those are all marked in green as 'Stocked', they'll be shipped together. It's just larger boxes like cases and screens that are shipped from the other warehouse, all the innards are from one warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

If anything is not in stock, do they hold the order until it is?

I've no issue with paying for 2 shippings - innards + case, but could they charge shipping 3-4 times if parts are not in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

€>sense wrote: »
    If anything is not in stock, do they hold the order until it is?

I've no issue with paying for 2 shippings - innards + case, but could they charge shipping 3-4 times if parts are not in stock?

I have no idea - the thought of buying something while it's out of stock hasn't crossed my mind because I like getting everything at once and I don't like taking chances like the one you're talking about.
    I personally wouldn't expect a company to hold the order until everything is in stock, layaways are a pain in the hole space-wise and even worse at Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

If you order from amazon.de/es/fr, if there are problems can you return it via the UK site or do you have to ship them back to Germany/Spain/France ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

dont try RMAing anything with them. they flat out lied to me saying they had sent a replacemant mobo to me and when i asked them for the tracking number they said it wouldn't be possible. i also think they refused to accept the mobo i sent back because i told them it was faulty. in the end i bought a new mobo from amazon and despite the fact they haven't sent a replacement they wont refund me. so i will be stuck with two boards. i dont think i will deal with them again. i just hope my other parts work fine and dont need to be returned

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Hi. What is Mindfactory return address. I have to RMA mobo. I've been on google translate for last hour. I have to print out a return document. Do I just throw that inside box when returning it. Advance Thanks.

The address is on the label you print. You need to stick it onto the outside of the package. It's written very small though so I wrote it out bigger on another sheet of paper and stuck that to the outside of the package too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Thanks dude

Advertisement