Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Talbot hotel - Wexford Town

Options
  • 20-10-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi All,

Bunch of us are heading down to the Talbot hotel the end of November and I am wondering what the nightlife is like??

Is there late bars or a night club that will suit ages 18 - 32?? are they strict on groups?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

In the town, there's a good number of different nightclubs and most bars stay open pretty late. Not my cup of tea so can't tell you how good the nightclubs themselves are. Wouldn't be strict on groups. Centenary Stores and whatever the current name of White's Hotel's nightclub is are the two most popular. Right in the middle of main street, almost directly opposite each other.

The Talbot has a nice big bar of it's own, including a resident's bar that stays open basically all night. No nightclub but often have a band playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

Sounds perfect!!

Thanks for getting back to me.........some happy ladies now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

just FYI, the stores is the only nightclub left now i think. The one in Whites has closed down a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Zhane wrote: »
    just FYI, the stores is the only nightclub left now i think. The one in Whites has closed down a good while.

Was thinking that too, been ages since I was out though.

The Crown (recently reopened) & Maggie Maes would be also worth a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zhane wrote: »

It's not really my scene, but what about those ones on the quay? Sinatra's and such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Corvo

Main spots for late bars and nightclubs are -

- Centenary Stores
    - Maggie Mays
    - The Crown

As far as I'm aware, The Crown are operating a 21 years of age and over policy.

Let me know if you want more information on the above, I'm 26 myself so I spent enough time in them.

Darkglasses, you really haven't been out in town for awhile have you! :pac:

Corvo wrote: »
    Darkglasses, you really haven't been out in town for awhile have you! :pac:

Err...no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The Stores and Mooneys are the only two nightclubs in town now.

If bars are more your thing I'd try The Crown, T Morris or Maggie Mays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It's not really my scene, but what about those ones on the quay? Sinatra's and such?

Oh god Darkglasses, Sinatras have been gone ages! All replaced by Mooneys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

thanks everyone!!

looking forward to getting there now and with a choice of pubs we may just have to attempt a mini bar crawl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Sky and the Ground is another good spot, especially on Sunday afternoons if it's fine - there might be a live band in the beer garden. Just around the corner from the Talbot.

Advertisement