Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.DAV converter/player?

Options
  • 06-04-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

My house was broken in to tonight and I have security camera footage of it, but it's in .dav format, and I can't find any way to play/convert it.

Two links that I've found that don't work, are from www.bahamassecurity.com and www.idealshare.net.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Soundman wrote: »

I've downloaded the software that makes .dav compatible with Windows Media Player, and it now plays the video. However, I can't fast forward or skip to a certain point in the videos, which is a bit of a problem seeing as they're quite long.

The link in the website that directs to a .dav converter is a dead link for me, not sure if I'm missing something.

Either way, moving forward, thanks a lot, would you know why I can't fast forward/skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newluckyharney

xK Marcus wrote: »
    My house was broken in to tonight and I have security camera footage of it, but it's in .dav format, and I can't find any way to play/convert it.

I use iDealshare VideoGo from your above mentioned web to convert my .dav files, it works well. It can batch convert DAV to AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, VOB, DV, 3GP and etc.

One of my friends said it also encountered can't convert DAV issues with iDealshare VideoGo, then he contact idealshare support, and finally solved and successfully convert DAV to his desired video format.

It has both Windows and Mac version.

It also can also directly play the DAV files

More exciting, this iDealshare VideoGo also enables to edit DAV files like can crop the unwanted screen of DAV files, add text or picture watermark to DAV video files, add subtitles to DAV files, rotate DAV files, merge several DAV videos into one

• Registered Users Posts: 1 howtoupp

You can use Avdshare Video Converter to Convert DAV to Any Video or Audio Format on Mac/Windows.

Advertisement