Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung r530 reset problem

Options
  • 05-04-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all,

Think I have made a massive error.

I wanted to do a hard reset on my laptop to bring it back to where it was out of the box.

I rushed into the whole process to be honest and now the laptop is trying reboot and find a system image, which it is unable to do.

'Windows cannot find a system image on this computer' is the warning message.

I'm guessing I should created one before starting the reset (this is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done so go easy on me).

So I'm wondering have I completely bricked my laptop, or is it possible to download a system image, put it on a thumb drive and save the laptop.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

You will need to get a recovery cd and do a fresh install.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi all,

Think I have made a massive error.

I wanted to do a hard reset on my laptop to bring it back to where it was out of the box.

I rushed into the whole process to be honest and now the laptop is trying reboot and find a system image, which it is unable to do.

'Windows cannot find a system image on this computer' is the warning message.

I'm guessing I should created one before starting the reset (this is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done so go easy on me).

So I'm wondering have I completely bricked my laptop, or is it possible to download a system image, put it on a thumb drive and save the laptop.

Any help appreciated, thanks

What OS is it? Is this a netbook? If it is you'll need to make a bootable USB key from the OS files. Do you have a OS CD?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Thanks for the replies lads but the crisis was averted. I thought I had gone too far in the process to cancel the restore but I was able to get the laptop back to where it says before I had started.

Lesson well and truly learned on this one...

Thanks for your help

Advertisement