Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Player over Network

Options
  • 05-04-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ok, so if anyone could help me out with this it would be great.

I have a WD TV Live media player connected to my Home Network and i watch movies through this connection Does it use any Data while i watch movies/tv shows? Just asking because I'm on a 100GB plan per month and don't want to waste my data.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ok, so if anyone could help me out with this it would be great.

I have a WD TV Live media player connected to my Home Network and i watch movies through this connection Does it use any Data while i watch movies/tv shows? Just asking because I'm on a 100GB plan per month and don't want to waste my data.

Once your not watching it outside the network no broadband data will be used

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 10 meathgirl93

Hi guys, does anyone know how to put movies from dvd's to my media player? everything I tried so far didn't work, thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi guys, does anyone know how to put movies from dvd's to my media player? everything I tried so far didn't work, thanks

Do you connect a hard disk to your media player? Make sure it's formatted to FAT32 as some media players may not recognise NTFS/HFS file systems

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 10 meathgirl93

hi nick, there's a 2TB hard drive in my media player, I already have lots of movies on it but i'l like to put my own dvd collection on as well. is there a programme I can buy or download to convert them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

• Advertisement
Advertisement