Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfire War Games (Airsoft In Bray)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mullalla

We will hane CA M15a4 Sport Lines in about two weeks and hope to add to the selection of hire guns in the weeks to follow may include M249s[/quote]

thanks for that man hope to be heading up this weekend for a game see you then

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

Hi All

we have had a request to run a training day for beginers to airsoft to include

safe handaling of airsoft equipment
    intro to airsoft devices
    basic skirmish tactics

just want to see what you the airsofters think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

GoTac wrote: »
    Hi All

we have had a request to run a training day for beginers to airsoft to include

safe handaling of airsoft equipment
    intro to airsoft devices
    basic skirmish tactics

just want to see what you the airsofters think

Thats a good idea it will be good for people who are still unsure if they want to get into the sport & also get some new faces in!

Also was hoping to book in for this sunday but might need a few rentals, do you have rentals yet or are you waiting on the m15 sportlines?

Cheers

We are still waiting for the rental to arrive should be good to go the
    weekend of the 20th..

Arrivial times changed, you can now arrive from 8:30-11:00. First game kicks off at 10:30,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Interesting site guys! Mix of games from quick and intense PB esque games, to slow and steady tactical games. Definitely a site for multiple batteries not due to duration, but more just the amount of ammo you can go through.

Forgetting my spare batteries today...not my smartest of moves, thanks to the marshals for a loan of a batt and the lad in the food kiosk for charging my only battery.

Last game by far the best, very very good terrain, much more suited to airsoft than some of the areas. Memorable moments, sittting in a muddy ditch trading single shots with another guy buried in cover....that and watching the realisation in my 'team'mates eyes when they fragged one of their own.

Overall, good day out for 3rd time its run. Give it a while and im sure it'll get even better.

Oh hope Bob from Hornets is ok, nasty fall into the ravine, looking like some broken ribs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

It was nasty looking alright:eek:
    He's on the road to recovery though-"just a torn chest muscle".:eek:
    Thnks to every one who was there yesterday some great games and very well organised and run.

THE HORNETS

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

personally (i have only been the once and am chomping at the bit to go back) I feel there is maybe too many game types for one day and maybe slow the pace down and make it way more tactical and not so much 'run an gun'

for example...the last game in the forest...that could take up an entire afternoon and would be great

and more importantly it wud save us fat bastads having a heart attack!!!!

FRUoddy wrote: »
    personally (i have only been the once and am chomping at the bit to go back) I feel there is maybe too many game types for one day and maybe slow the pace down and make it way more tactical and not so much 'run an gun'

for example...the last game in the forest...that could take up an entire afternoon and would be great

and more importantly it wud save us fat bastads having a heart attack!!!!

Thanks for the comments:D, Thats what makes a site a good site, its the feed back from you guys the players. point taken we will amend the days time table to focus on the upper site more. If you the airsofters have any suggestions for games or missions we are always open to new ideas.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

Got a call this evening to say that Bob has nothing broken thank God. There's a rumour that ATF and The Hornets might show up on the same sunday in a couple of weeks time. I'm going to have a chat with GoTac about a team challenge enticement.

GM2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I would echo FRUoddy, the pace for the first few games was pretty intensive, and you could see that from everyone being wrecked by 4pm. So slowing it down a little would help.

The other comment I would make is related to the second time we played the capture the houses game. All the purple team ended up trapped in their respawn area. Almost no one could make it from the netting to any cover without getting hit (multiple times). The last 5 minutes turned into a turkey shoot for the green team which wasn't much fun for purple. In a situation like that either the game should have been ended, or perhaps you could have a rule that people cannot be shot until they make it to the first piece of cover.

Otherwise it was a great day's gaming. And when my legs recover from all the running around I will be back! Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

sliabh wrote: »
    I would echo FRUoddy, the pace for the first few games was pretty intensive, and you could see that from everyone being wrecked by 4pm. So slowing it down a little would help.

The other comment I would make is related to the second time we played the capture the houses game. All the purple team ended up trapped in their respawn area. Almost no one could make it from the netting to any cover without getting hit (multiple times). The last 5 minutes turned into a turkey shoot for the green team which wasn't much fun for purple. In a situation like that either the game should have been ended, or perhaps you could have a rule that people cannot be shot until they make it to the first piece of cover.

Otherwise it was a great day's gaming. And when my legs recover from all the running around I will be back! Thanks again.

+1

Became a bit pointless after a while in that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Where are all the rookies? I asked GoTac to consider putting on a day of training for novices like myself and all he gets is one reply! Come on guys & gals, you know it makes sense. Even if you don't want to admit on the forum that you would like/benefit from a day like this you can PM GoTac so he can get an idea of how many are interested.

I'm pretty sure I have 3 candidates GoTac, how many do you need? Any benefit in putting a similar post up in the 'Getting Started' area (with Mods permission, of course)?

Cheers, Mark
    Enthusiastic novice/newbie/rookie who doesn't want to take hits 30 seconds into every game!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

I have to say, that pistol game we had in the Speedball area after the Green team left was awesome. Definitely should be done more often and is one more reason for me to get a side arm! :D

So far I think the best games in order are:
    1 Take The Fort
    2 Bridges Vs Fort
    3 Speedball
    4 Vietcong Village
    5 Pilot Church Rescue Thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Good site guys, I enjoyed the games on sunday, however I think the only thing I wasn't happy with was being seperated from my aeg when back in the safe zone, it made things a little akward especially when u have more than one gun with you, and every time you are in the presence of your aeg its in the darkness of the gun racks and you are having to wear your eye protection, makes prep and battery installs and the like a little akward, I understand its also a paintball site and the safety of the paintballers must be taken into consideration but when I was there to paintball in the past the "pro" paintballers who brought their own weapons were freely walking around the safe zone with their weapons slung, airsofters carry a lot of kit and various toys, all sites succesfully run a mag out clear breach for safe zones and it works for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

mcshape wrote: »
    Good site guys, I enjoyed the games on sunday, however I think the only thing I wasn't happy with was being seperated from my aeg when back in the safe zone, it made things a little akward especially when u have more than one gun with you, and every time you are in the presence of your aeg its in the darkness of the gun racks and you are having to wear your eye protection, makes prep and battery installs and the like a little akward, I understand its also a paintball site and the safety of the paintballers must be taken into consideration but when I was there to paintball in the past the "pro" paintballers who brought their own weapons were freely walking around the safe zone with their weapons slung, airsofters carry a lot of kit and various toys, all sites succesfully run a mag out clear breach for safe zones and it works for them?

+1 Can't agree more with you...
    Especially after lunch when were confined to a very small area.. I found it impossible to find anything in my bag.

SparkyDNut wrote: »
    +1 Can't agree more with you...
    Especially after lunch when were confined to a very small area.. I found it impossible to find anything in my bag.

Yup.

mcshape wrote: »

Point taken, I know I wouldn’t like to be separated from my gear, I’ll have a wee chat with the paint ball side of things and try get it sorted that once guns are cleared before leaving the gun room, they can be taken in to the safe zone. Should have it sorted by the weekend. Any more comments you have that will make the site better for you the players just let us know…..:D

Excellent! That's the only gripe I had! Other than that its great fun there!

New stock comming in tomorrow in Gotactical Bray AGM, D-Boys, Jing Gong ect. all will have to be down graded before sale so sould be released in about a two weeks, (two weeks, there is a lot of it):D

• Advertisement

alri chaps jus wondering wats da stry if ur gun is over 320fps bcause i got a AK-47 da other day nd it says its 295fps bu der is a sticker on it sayin it has been improved to 377fps:eek: nd im finkin of coming up for a game nxt weekend nd want to play wit it nd see how it does in a skirmish if you can help me plz r ny advice it would b great cheers:confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

mullalla wrote: »
    alri chaps jus wondering wats da stry if ur gun is over 320fps bcause i got a AK-47 da other day nd it says its 295fps bu der is a sticker on it sayin it has been improved to 377fps:eek: nd im finkin of coming up for a game nxt weekend nd want to play wit it nd see how it does in a skirmish if you can help me plz r ny advice it would b great cheers:confused::confused::confused:

You have a full keyboard use it. Text speak is against the rules.

mullalla wrote: »

I would suggest having it tested before you go to play; all good retailers have a crono and should be happy to test it for you. If on the day of play it shoots over the joule, it WILL NOT be allowed in play. If that is the case we will have hire guns on site.

oh yeah sorry for the text language guys and yeah thanks for the advice i will have to drop up to your shop and test it as i live near it and hopefully it will be under a joule and 320fps and i can play with it on your site and if your gun is over a joule and 320fps do you have to pay for the rental gun and im looking forward to using some smoke grenades on the site:cool:

yes sorry to say, you would have to pay for the hire.:)

Game play this sunday

Castle Assault
    Vip Esscort
    Bridge/Fort
    Bomb Plant
    Pistol Attack

If you have any ideas for games you would like to play
    post them here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

GoTac wrote: »
    Game play this sunday

Castle Assault
    Vip Esscort
    Bridge/Fort
    Bomb Plant
    Pistol Attack

If you have any ideas for games you would like to play
    post them here:D

Crap. Now I need a pistol! :D

Its all right zero ill give you a lend of franks!

Alll right lads and ladies
    We will be holding a charity morning on the 11/10/09 in aid of Childline.
    We are thinking of doing fancy dress with a prize for best getup, Id like to know what you lot think of the idea. more details to follow soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭gth

Sounds fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement