Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total and utter novice needs help

Options
  • 12-05-2001 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello all

I'm goin to a LAN tomoorrow and Id 'like to try T2 but , WHAT YTHE HELL IS IT?! Ive never seen it played and my lust for it is based purely upon on my enjoying "Earthseige 2" (Ancient but rather good : Check out your commanders eyebrows quite amusing they moved independanly of his face and each other)

and the shineyness of the graphics on the box of Starseige Tribes (The first one: I couldnt afford to buy it and my comp is Shi te anyways)

Well a few Questions..

**You can wander around on foot or jetbikes tanks or APCS right?? What about Mercs and their ilk (Mech yokymabobs that is)

** Does the control system change dramatically when you abandon/Hijack/ Spawn into a vehicle/bike/tank/etc?

** How badly am I going to get whupped?

Thanks very much

Brer

P.S Forgive the incohernce and general shi te quality of this post btu its late and I have no chocolate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brerrabbit:
    WHAT YTHE HELL IS IT?! </font>
    Best Game Ever! (Bar Tribes 1 smile.gif )
    Its a bit like Team Fortress. There are different classes, but you must buy the armours you need, as well as the multitude of weapons and packs, at Inventory Stations.
    Teamwork is essential.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Well a few Questions..

**You can wander around on foot or jetbikes tanks or APCS right?? What about Mercs and their ilk (Mech yokymabobs that is)
    </font>
    Another difference between Tribes and any other FPS is the fact that you have a jetpack. Using a combination of the Jetpack, and hills, you can travel much faster than you can in any other FPS.
    On maps with Vehicles, there are 6 available:
    A fast lightly armoured Gravbike, A Tank with heavy weaponry and a Mobil Point Base which allows you to set up an advanced forward base. There are no MERCs

** Does the control system change dramatically when you abandon/Hijack/ Spawn into a vehicle/bike/tank/etc?
    </font>
    not dramatically.

** How badly am I going to get whupped?
    </font>
    Badly wink.gif
    Tribes features a notoriously difficult learning curve. Its just that the game is so much fun, you tend to stick with it during the "Ouch, me bum hurts from getting killed so much" period smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

lol

Thanks very much.

I (God help me ) like the sound of those jetbikes wink.gif (Although I'll probably fly into a tree or something smile.gif

Still I'll have some eight hours in which to get my self esteem (now somewhat bloated from moderate success at CS) torn into tiny tiny peices..

Yours , Brer

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Build a scout Filer
    they're much better than those sh|te grav bikes
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

9 out of 10 houswives reccommend using Grav bikes for that extra shiny blood finish....thats right run people down and leave a healthy stain on the map biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

My recommendation is to buy a bomber. But the only prob is you can get a lot of muppets who come along with ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I want a mech, it would own, dual chainguns, a plasma cannon and a missile launcher smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

white.....you cant have raptors in this game wink.gif

Advertisement