Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development

Options
  • 21-04-2013 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm hoping to enter this course in September (fingers, toes, leg crossed) and I was wondering if anyone has done it, what programming language is taught? I'm assuming it will be Java but I wondered if any others are taught like C? Any feedback (or anything about th course) would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

at which college? Courses will differ from University to University/College to College and there can be subtle differences between similar courses within the same College.
    Check the website of your perspective college, find the department and the college course. Check their course breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Gatica wrote: »
    at which college? Courses will differ from University to University/College to College and there can be subtle differences between similar courses within the same College.
    Check the website of your perspective college, find the department and the college course. Check their course breakdown.

You do realise this is posted in the GMIT forum?

Shine7 wrote: »
    You do realise this is posted in the GMIT forum?

Nope, agh! My bad, done that a few times recently :-/ Came across this thread while searching for something. Had a search for prospectus but didn't find anything useful, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Gatica wrote: »
    Nope, agh! My bad, done that a few times recently :-/ Came across this thread while searching for something. Had a search for prospectus but didn't find anything useful, sorry.

Don't worry about it, I posted this in April and since have gotten the course so I'm all set :)

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the course. If there are languages you're interested in learning but they don't teach, use the online learning tools when you have time. Codeacademy is great for intros to new languages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement