Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-07-2012, 22:03   #31
mad al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanifer View Post
Ronan,

Thank you so much for all that useful info and for such a quick reply, i really appreciate it! I'll definitely be pm-ing you with some more questions

Just out of interest, what do other people make of this new Diploma course? I can't understand why they would introduce something like this when the market is already saturated with graduates and there aren't enough jobs for people who have done the full 4 year degree....or am i missing something?!
Yes Zanifer I'm afraid you are missing something. It's called money! The school of biological sciences is quite strapped for cash and this is their method of raising finance. They are not to bothered about the job market despite what they say.

Also in relation to your previous post, congratulations. You should just go and enjoy your summer. You will have lots of time to study in September and if you put in the work then you will be fine. Best of luck with it.
Advertisement
11-07-2012, 22:06   #32
mad al

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen812 View Post
Interesting development:

http://www.dit.ie/biologicalsciences/cpd/

"This Diploma is a top-up programme of 30 ECTS [one semester] in the Medical Laboratory Science subjects and is suitable for graduates with appropriate level 8 qualifications in the Biological Sciences who are working , or intend to work, in Biomedical research or hospital and veterinary pathology departments."
We have been told to expect some of these students in with us in September. I think they could have discussed this a bit more with us though. A discussion with the student rep of the MLSA wouldn't go astray.
23-08-2012, 01:39   #33
steve1983
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia nut View Post
Hi guys,
Im applying to DIT this year for Biomedical Science as a mature student. Just wondering if there are any other mature students who have or are currently doing this course? What type of backgrounds before going into biomed did ye have?
Im a pharmacy Technician and have been working in pahrmacy for three years now and have an average LC(Mid 300's). I really want to do this course but would like to know if there would be tough competition amongst mature studnets for places?
Hello there, I was just reading this post and was wondering if you got your place? If so there will be two other matures on this years 1st year, as far as I know. Myself and another mature that completed DIT's access programme 2011/2012.

I took biochemistry from the Biomed when I was on the access programme, and I think there was only one full time mature, but there was a few of us from access programme floating in and out of different modules.

Well I hope you got it, as it would be nice to have a few more matures in this years Biomed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion