Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former Union boss paid €100k fees by housing quango over 4 years

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

But it sheds little light on what Des Geraghty did.

It looks to me as if the journalist was quite willing to comment on the fall in value of the houses and apartments acquired under the scheme, but presumes that the property exchanged in part-payment for them holds its value.

Well it does show a lttle detail of how the State was willing to hand over our land to wealthy developers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

anymore wrote: »
    Well it does show a lttle detail of how the State was willing to hand over our land to wealthy developers !

....but has no bearing on the OP and article therein. Information on what was done for the monies received is what's missing here, as has been pointed out on numerous occassions.

Nodin wrote: »
    ....but has no bearing on the OP and article therein. Information on what was done for the monies received is what's missing here, as has been pointed out on numerous occassions.
    Here is a letter in today's Irish Indo re Union leaders :
    We have all suffered due to the cutbacks imposed on us in the recent Budget. There are many who believe that these cutbacks were necessary while others seem to feel there is a less painful alternative.
    Our frustrations are not only with the Government, we have also been frustrated by the main opposition parties in the Dail who have offered no solutions but have assisted in undermining the whole body politic.
    "Do not come to the table with problems unless you have solutions" -- that is my message to Enda Kenny and Eamon Gilmore. Our union leaders have also been shouting from the rooftops against the cutbacks. What irks me is the fact that these same people have felt little economic pain.
    Some facts to dwell on:
    Jack O Connor (SIPTU), salary €125,000; Peter McLoone (IMPACT) €153,000; David Begg (ICTU) €137,000; Blair Horan (CPSU) €120,000.
    These men represent the workers who have suffered cutbacks, and I wonder if their own generous salaries have been cut? I

Unfortunately the writer didnt mention the very lucrative fees from quangos that Union leaders enjoy.

Here is a letter in today's Irish Indo re Union leaders :
    (......).

...which yet again sheds no further light on what was done or otherwise to earn the fees mentioned in the OP.

Nodin wrote: »
    And the people refusing to shed on light on this are the very people who keeo saying ; " Information on what was done for the monies received is what's missing here ".
    It has just occured to me that the trade unions are quite anti Israeli so perhaps this is why you are so defensive on this issue.

And the people refusing to shed on light on this are the very people who keeo saying ; " Information on what was done for the monies received is what's missing here ".

I haven't refused to "shed on light" with regard to anything. I have no idea what specifically he did, whether it was worth what he received, how many meetings he attended etc. The problem is that you haven't either, yet have persisted in what can only be called baseless innuendo since. The lack of detail was established and remarked on within the 1st 10 posts. Since then you've brought nothing new to light, have attempted to drag in unrelated issues and made various efforts to shift the focus.

Advertisement