Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs..

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SectionF wrote: »
    That is way off beam. You are either severely misinformed, or you are making stuff up.

yet no clarification offered of exactly what is incorrect.....

1: Is the Carroll money contingent on the Albion case's result?

2: Was that caveat placed on the cashflow in the licence application?

3: Was there a split on the BFC board earlier this year in relation to finances and the wage cap?

Yes. No. Yes.

Either way, there is a lot more to come here.

Same old B*hs, always making a mess of it.

Publin wrote: »

Cuffe's tenure is up and he would have to seek re-election. He has therefore not retired and is simply not seeking re-election.

from the indo

Cuffe to step down as Bohemians' president

By Neil Ahern
    Friday October 03 2008

Bohemians have been rocked by the decision of Gerry Cuffe to step down from the position of club president at the end of the season - just as they are poised to win the Eircom Premier League for the first time in five years.

The Irish Independent has seen a copy of a letter Cuffe sent to all members on Wednesday, saying "the past three to four months have been the most fractious, divisive and unenjoyable period of my 19 years on the board."

He is unhappy that negative publicity has surrounded the club despite success on the pitch after dissident members announced their intention to organise an Emergency General Meeting following the board's decision to delay such an assembly until the end of the season.

do you lot genuinely not know whats going on or are is this the infamous B*hs members ostrich impression surfacing again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

So much for not getting dragged into it... :pac:
    Apart from the likelyhood of you getting the money, which is approaching nil
    You're quite wrong there, unless of course you know more than the solicitors in the case.
    The question the FAI will have to ask and act on is did you know that you would not get the Carroll money (ie that he was withholding it pending the Albion case) this season and include it anyway - cheating, or that he renaged on an agreement and its outside of your control - honest error.
    Which is why our solicitors and auditors have confirmed that we are entitled to include it. The case was due to be settled months ago, so the issue was expected to be settled then. Then it got delayed until 6th October and now again until 17th October.
    Your board split on exactly that issue, one member felt it was the former and was removed when he asked questions about it.
    Incorrect. That is not what the split is over.
    Re the case and its amazing date - BFC's barristers argued to have it heard after that day.
    No they didn't. The judge deferred judgement on it, it was not requested by our legal representatives.
    do you lot genuinely not know whats going on or are is this the infamous B*hs members ostrich impression surfacing again?

Sorry, but it's you that doesn't have a clue what's going on. Yes, I saw that article in the Indo. I also read the actual letter from Cuffe. The fact is his term is up and he would have to seek re-election. He is NOT resigning, he is simply not seeking re-election. This is an open and shut cae here, and you're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

yet no clarification offered of exactly what is incorrect.....

1: Is the Carroll money contingent on the Albion case's result?

2: Was that caveat placed on the cashflow in the licence application?

3: Was there a split on the BFC board earlier this year in relation to finances and the wage cap?

Yes. No. Yes.

Either way, there is a lot more to come here.

Same old B*hs, always making a mess of it.
    You're spoofing now. You didn't need clarification a few posts back, because you claimed to know what was happening.
    You stated, as a matter of fact, that the precise issue at the centre of the discussion within BFC was 'exactly' whether there was a genuine belief that the Carroll money would materialise. This is not the case. Now you are trashing about looking for 'clarification'.
    Feel free to speculate and to continue to feed your fascination with everything Bohs, but please don't present yourself as knowing what you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The fact is his term is up and he would have to seek re-election. He is NOT resigning, he is simply not seeking re-election. This is an open and shut cae here, and you're wrong.
    Are you serious? You think its just coincidence that Gerry Cuffe presided over this albion cock-up and that hes stepping down?

Hes stepping down because he presided over selling part of the ground to Albion, taking out a massive loan on the back of it and ruining any chance of the Carroll deal going through and is being targetted by Bohs fans who are rightfully (if way too late) angry about it. FFS, the guy made a big song and dance about recieving the Albion money and now denies it happened! Looper.

I didnt realise in Irish law you could include money you hadnt recieved as income on a balance sheet, so If thats the case (seems nuts to me) then I stand corrected on that.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    Are you serious? You think its just coincidence that Gerry Cuffe presided over this albion cock-up and that hes stepping down?

100% serious. I never stated that it was a coincidence, but for what it's worth the letter gave a different reason for his decision to step down. Either way, the point I made stands. He's not resigning, merely not running for re-election.
    Hes stepping down because he presided over selling part of the ground to Albion, taking out a massive loan on the back of it

I presume the loan you're talking about is the one which members voted on at the last AGM, and approved? He took it out with the consent of the membership base.
    I didnt realise in Irish law you could include money you hadnt recieved as income on a balance sheet, so If thats the case (seems nuts to me) then I stand corrected on that.

Yes, you can. Take the example I used above of a debtor i.e. someone who owes you money, but has not yet paid you e.g. a topical example would be Drogheda United owing Bohs rent for the use of Dalymount for European games. The amount is included on the balance sheet of both companies - in the books of Bohs as a debtor, and the books of Drogheda as a creditor. Standard accounting practice the world over.

when in doubt split hairs.

whether he is stepping down via resignation or not seeking re-election, the point is he is reaching for the parachutes and refusing to adress the membership at an EGM called to discuss his actions and the consequences.

Bohs are fukced. with a capital f. you can huff and puff about the semantics of whether someone is resigning or not seeking re-election till the cows come home, you are fooling no-one.

You were aware there was a risk that you would be in breach of the wage cap, took a punt and it now looks like you will be. if the FAI enforce the rules you will be stripped of the league, have no Harristown deal, still be in that dump with a huge debt. All 100% self inflicted too. :D

Yes, you can. Take the example I used above of a debtor i.e. someone who owes you money, but has not yet paid you e.g. a topical example would be Drogheda United owing Bohs rent for the use of Dalymount for European games. The amount is included on the balance sheet of both companies - in the books of Bohs as a debtor, and the books of Drogheda as a creditor. Standard accounting practice the world over.

As an asset yes.

As turnover, most certainly not.

Captial F.

As an asset yes.

As turnover, most certainly not.

Captial F.

You don't actually include turnover in a balance sheet - which is what we were talking about.

I can understand sham fans being confused about such issues though.

Your lot probably have no debtors and don't bother recognising any creditors either because you don't end up paying them anyway.

whether he is stepping down via resignation or not seeking re-election, the point is he is reaching for the parachutes and refusing to adress the membership at an EGM called to discuss his actions and the consequences.

Just pointing out that you were wrong on yet another issue. I took your post above to shreds (the likelihood of receiving the money, the date for decision of the court case being delayed, the EGM date, the split in the board and the Cuffe issue), yet you ignore this and just go on with this:
    Bohs are fukced. with a capital f. you can huff and puff about the semantics of whether someone is resigning or not seeking re-election till the cows come home, you are fooling no-one.

If you want to debate the issue fine, but stop throwing out the same "Bohs are f**ked crap when I've just outlined why we're not. Section F called you out on it as well. If you've any comments on what I've said in response to your statements above, by all means make them.
    You were aware there was a risk that you would be in breach of the wage cap, took a punt and it now looks like you will be. if the FAI enforce the rules you will be stripped of the league,

We will not be in breach, for the reasons I've outlined above.
    have no Harristown deal, still be in that dump with a huge debt. All 100% self inflicted too. :D

Dump? The Jodi stand is probably the best in the league. Yeah, and Tallaght is a wonderful place... At least we own our stadium :).

• Advertisement

At least we own our stadium :).

Ehhh, no you don't. If you did, you would be able to sell it..... ;)

The rest of your post is just waffle. Deny the specifics.

Advertisement