Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satan invented Evolution

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I bet he believes that Religion and Creationalism should be shoved down our childrens throats from birth and in Schools. You think the human mind has evolved, or even learned from past mistakes. Here we have proof to the contrary. It will never end.

"Satan" would be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

At least they're trying. Why aren't Catholics trying to figure out where God came from? Because ye just know that it's futile. So ye pick the easy answer - "he was always there". At least scientists can admit that they don't know what happened before the big bang.
    I see you are a new poster, so a word of caution, why should Catholics try to figure out where God came from? How about all the other denominations?
    I could easily interpret this statement as breaking the Charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Call_me_al wrote: »
    not to just dismiss the bible but it is terribly mis-tranalsted in parts and stuff as easy as the number of the devil which is actually 616 and not 666.

The problem with mocking other people for being ignorant is that you sometimes end up showing your own woeful ignorance.

The number of the Beast (who is not the Devil in Scripture) is correctly translated as 666.

There is a fragment of one ancient copy of the Book of Revelation that has the number as 616 instead of 666, but the hundreds of other ancient manuscripts all have 666.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

This thread is awesome

estebancambias you are my hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

PDN wrote: »
    There is a fragment of the earliest known copy of the Book of Revelation that has the number as 616 instead of 666, but the hundreds of other ancient manuscripts all have 666.
    Corrected ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

OP, dude, you're getting hammered here. You say that you have looked at the subject carefully and have come to the conclusion that evolution is a hoax. I really have to question where exactly you looked. our talking points could all have been lifted out of the evangalist handbook from any of the Fundamentalist young earther churches in the U.S.

And with that in mind, I think you should inform yourself better about the standard of discourse on this matter. Have a look at this Dawkins clip. If is a Q and A segment taken from a speech at Lynchberg college in the U.S. He answers many questions from fundamentalists of a similar kind to the statements you have been making.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6260016729541034141&q=dawkins+lynchburg&total=26&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Why should I sit through those classes, they are littered with propaganda. Every book is full of propaganda.
    And that's the main problem with all your arguments. Allot of people would have been brought up on Religion in this country, side by side with science in school. In science I did experiments to prove the theories it all made sense. In religion class there where no answers I was just told to believe, I never trust anything that won't explain itself. Many religious folk may think God doesn't have to explain himself but he does to me, even if there is a God out there who does he think he is? Sure he may have done great things but if he's anything like described in the bible he's an self absorbed ass that I'd want nothing to do with.

Sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and screaming out a song doesn't make you right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Esteban, what religion do you think you would be if you were born to a Hindu couple in India? Or to Buddhist parents in northern Thailand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hello_everybody

Asiaprod wrote: »
    why should Catholics try to figure out where God came from? How about all the other denominations?
    I could easily interpret this statement as breaking the Charter.

Well, this is a Christian/Catholic forum, I'm not here to discuss other denominations! If we are allowed discuss all the other denominations in this forum, maybe you should change it's name to "General Religious Disussion" or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well, this is a Christian/Catholic forum, I'm not here to discuss other denominations! If we are allowed discuss all the other denominations in this forum, maybe you should change it's name to "General Religious Disussion" or something?

It was your good self who singled out Catholics with the following statement:
    Why aren't Catholics trying to figure out where God came from?

Asia was just asking you why other Christian denominations should be excluded from your vent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The Bible, the best book to have ever existed, has been undermined to the point were we now are meant to believe it is all one big metaphor. This is wrong, the Bible is the book of God, it is infallible. Can we answer how God created the Heavens and the Earth in seven days? Certainly not, this is because it is incomprehensible for a human to be able to fatham such a wonder.

It is funny in a disturbing sort of way that Evolution has become so acceptable, to the point I was nearly indoctrinated by the Atheists that Evolution was indeed happening. We all know evolution is nothing but pure lies. Let us take a closer look shall we?

Chemical Evolution- Is this even worth even bringing up? In real science, you know the one that passes all three tests to the set criteria, it is proven hydrogen can not be turned into an other element.

Cosmic Evolution- Ah the 'big bang.' The something from nothing. We as Christians are called stupid because we believe that something great formed the planet in which we live today, the Evolutionists believe that we came from a.......DOT. Well, I guess it makes perfect sense that a dot would be able to create the amazing planet we live today..surely? .Oh wait no actually.
    I believe God is responsible, you believe in a dot. They are both Religion, the only difference is that it makes sense that an intelligent creator would create a world with intelligence,as opposed to a dot that could create anything.

Its not hard to grasp boyos, just think about it, why would a dot create something so amazing as our planet? Why not just a few specs of dust?

Explain the dot can you?;) Have a good time with your magical fairytale. I think I might just stick with God.

Macroevolution This is the idea that one animal can magically change into another. Come on people even Pokemon makes more sense than this, at least if follows a coherent pattern. When was the last time a dog gave birth to a goat?
    This idiocy of an idea can be debunked quite simply, Macroevolution is not Science, it is impossible. It can not be observed, it cannot be tested and it is not repeatable. Fail again.

Now we have gone through the Religous aspects of Evolution, this is you have to believe in them.

However this is the funny part.This aspect of Evolution is possible Micro-Evolution. The funny thing is that this is actually mentioned in the Bible. Makes sense? It should God created the Bible.
    Micro-Evolution - A human comes from a human. A dog comes from a dog. A goat comes from a goat. A cat comes from a Cat. Yes there will be differences, but they are the same thing. A human is a human. An ape is an ape. I really can't see where the confusion lies.

The only reason Atheists believe in Evolution is because they don't want to believe in God. This is because Atheists cannot accept the fact that there is something more powerful than themselves. Their view is that Evolution is taking place, don't lie, what is the evidence, the actual evidence.

Anyway is anyone really concerned with what Atheists have to say? The last time I checked, I didnt really care about the opinion of a monkey.

Peace and God bless.

You're the idiot that also claimed that all poor people were scumbags and have been repeatedly banned?

You clearly have no grasp of science, and I really think you have something wrong with you that should be treated.

I mean you're 19 or so and intending to go to college or at college and you have these sort of views.

I encourage anyone that is interested to look up the "lets talk about scumbags" thread in after hours, to see the level of intelligence of this guy.

And dont go sending me little pm's again.

Edit: Please ban me from this forum if this is out of line, seriously, I wont take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hello_everybody

Asia was just asking you why other Christian denominations should be excluded from your vent.

Ok, my arguments were about Christianity and all it's denominations!! Ok now?
    I encourage anyone that is interested to look up the "lets talk about scumbags" thread in after hours, to see the level of intelligence of this guy.

Haha yeah, I remember reading that thread a few months back. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Thanks for that link to Dawkins.

I see no need to bring up something I said months ago. Also, it was taken out of context.

Well done for contributing nothing to this thread.

Motosam wrote: »
    Please ban me from this forum if this is out of line, seriously, I wont take it personally.
    Would never dream of it, thanks.
    It was your good self who singled out Catholics with the following statement:
    Cheers Rev.
    Wicknight wrote: »
    This thread is awesome
    estebancambias you are my hero
    Now I am worried:eek: I am putting a page limit on this thread, I need sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

What about dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that live millions of years ago ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

5* thread, utterly amazing

All you have to do is look at your own body as proof of evolution. - http://lilbuddah.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/20-useless-body-parts/

What about dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that live millions of years ago ?
    It's going to be a long night, another one.

What are you talking about! What about dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that live millions of years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

People the proof is in the name

Evillusion

Not to mention....

evillusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I think estebancambis is taking the piss out of christians here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

I think estebancambis is talking the piss out of christians here

My intuition was the same, but then again, I reckoned that JC was just trolling for the first few hundred pages of that second incarnation of the creationism/prophesy thread and I think I've been proven wrong there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Esteban has also claimed to be "anti-fag" and "anti-liberal" on his Bebo, I think that pretty much sums the level of intelligence (and I use that term loosely) that we are dealing with here. Either its the most effort ever put into trolling or we have ourselves a very hate-filled young man here.

He also...

1/ ...believes the crusades had nothing to do with religion.
    2/ ...has a problem with "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing" in the Special Olympics. How very Christian of you.
    3/ ...thinks "the word scumbag is and should be associated with living in social housing"
    4/ ...views the Atheism forum as being full of "proud assholes".

Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on. I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.

To the person who said I was ''getting hammered'', oh come on please, if it was a one on one debate it would be much more even, when virtually everyone who posts is against you then its hard not to get lost in the mix.

My question is do any of my fellow Christians actually care what the Bible says? You seem to just compromise, and take it all as what I said in the original post, as just one big metaphor.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Esteban has also claimed to be "anti-fag" and "anti-liberal" on his Bebo, I think that pretty much sums the level of intelligence (and I use that term loosely) that we are dealing with here. Either its the most effort ever put into trolling or we have ourselves a very hate-filled young man here.

He also...

2/ ...has a problem with "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing" in the Special Olympics. How very Christian of you.
    3/ ...thinks "the word scumbag is and should be associated with living in social housing"

Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on. I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.

The crusades had nothing to do with God. Human can commit sin, God cannot. The Crusades and Inquisitions were as a result of evil men.

'Proud assholes''? Eh no, they are misled and ignorant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on.
    I'll agree that there's not much meaningful discussion going on, but the thread is interesting because it clearly shows one of the things that us atheists bang on about endlessly -- how religion can be used to legitimize hatred, at least in the undemanding courtroom of one's own conscience anyway. I don't remember seeing many (any?) christians pointing out that estebancambias is doing this.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.
    Well, as above, by selecting the bits that suit, most religions are pretty good at appealing to just about anybody's pre-conceived ideas. Esteban comes across as an angry guy and he's picked the supremacist (for want of a better word) bits of christianity that suit this point of view. The essence that he's picked it no more or no less "real" than anybody else's. It's just down to his own personal choice.

I have no hatred. I am just a guy who has not fed into the idea of evolution. Sorry I'm not just a mindless sheep, who has accepted everything in a science book.

I do not like liberals in that generally they will hate Religion and be pro abortion. I do not like homosexuals who claim it is natural to be gay.

• Advertisement

I disagree with may Christians in that I believe God allows everyone into Heaven, as long as when they enter they accept God.

I do not like homosexuals who claim it is natural to be gay.

It happens in the animal kingdom, is that not natural?

Animals eat their own crap and think nothing of it, I don't think we should be measuring our standards and minds with that of an animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Animals eat their own crap and think nothing of it, I don't think we should be measuring our standards and minds with that of an animal.

Animals also eat, sleep, defecate, mate, give birth, walk, breathe, etc etc. Are you currently avoiding all those activities?

After all, most of us would say thought and coherent speech mark us off from the rest of the animals...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I could find you a video of someone eating there own crap if you really want to...

• Advertisement

2girlsandonecup?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

*ROFL*

Seriously i want you to defend the following:
    "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing"

You defended everything else that MrJoeSoap pointed out, so come on, don't leave this one out...

I was stupid. I was wrong. I am sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

He also...

Ahh joe, I'm sleeping while all this is going on. I am going to lock it, pending further review.

What's with teh Pittsburgh Penguins logo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement