Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chuck...RENEWED!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Meh!

i'm really struggling with this season

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djdrobins

Good to know,
    It is a good show - a little same old, same old, from time to time, but have been a loyal fan since the beginning, so delighted they will get to finish it out.
    Cheers for the update.

De

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Keeping my fingers crossed and eagerly waiting for the announcement Sunday, but this is probably the best news I've heard in a long time.

I suppose if it does well it could get a back 9. I hope this gets some fans of the show back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭squonk

I've been a big fan of the show since day 1 but I'm struggling with this season as well. I was actually all set to see it bow out gracefully after this season. I hope they pull it together a bit tighter for next season.

I'm not mad about the Volkoff plot arc. It's all pervasive. They had a chance to do something interesting with the Agent X episode but 10 minutes in I reckoned that Agent X had to be Volkoff the way the season was going and, lo and hehold...

They really missed out on something that could have been great there. Lets hope they up the ante next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

chuck full blown spy for season 5, please please get rid of the buy more, its just getting annoying now, and please rebalance the comedy drama elements of the show, there tipping way to much on the comedy side, and the story is suffering for it,

kill jeffster:mad:, kill jeffster:mad:, kill jeffster:mad:, kill jeffster:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I kind of liked the first season of this but never got around to watching any more of it. I guess I probably should!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'll admit the first 1/2 of this season was slow, but the 2nd 1/2 more than made up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

I've actually really enjoyed the last two episodes actually.
    Will Sarah die or will Awesome save her??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

If they kill Sarah they kill the show. So I wouldn't count on it. Like 50% of the audience are obessed with Strahovski...if she goes then so goes their nation. Sarah's gonna be there for the long haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good news alright.
    I suppose if it does well it could get a back 9. I hope this gets some fans of the show back!
    Let's be realistic, Chuck's ratings are unlikely to improve in it's fifth season.

If I was Josh Schwartz, I'd be writing up a suitable conclusion for the series for the 13 episodes it got... hate to be a killjoy but NBC really can't afford to give it any more chances.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tend to agree...Chuck isin't primetime, it's mid season filler fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tend to agree...Chuck isin't primetime, it's mid season filler fodder.
    Can't agree with you there.. it's better written and more exciting than a lot of prime-time television. I would never dismiss it as "mid season filler fodder" (although kudos on the alliteration).

It's latest season has been largely forgettable but let's hope they learn from this and improve on it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭squonk

It only got 13 eps ordered for next season? I can't see them turning it around by developing any kind of a serious new arc in that time. I'd like to see it wrapped up nicely too.

As for Jefster, I kind of like them. What grates with me and what I wish they would change is Chuck and Sarah discussing whatever is affecting their relationship all the way through every mission now! Personally, I'd like them to get the missions done and then be couply! Also, I particularly hated the way missions reflected issues in their relationship. That's lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Reports are coming in that it will infact be the series' last Season. I hope it is, solely so they can give it a proper ending.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/13/chuck-gets-a-fifth-season-from-nbc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

G-Money wrote: »
    I kind of liked the first season of this but never got around to watching any more of it. I guess I probably should!

I haven't seen this season but I thought the second season took the show to a whole new level and the third season was great too after a slow first few episodes. Well worth picking up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

If season 5 is definitely the last season, and it looks like it will be, I hope they make the decision to extend it for the back 9 or leave it at 13 episodes early. The last minute ordering of a second half to the series would ruin their send off. I don't want to see a great series finale at episode 13, only to be followed by some filler episodes and a slap together second finale.

I really think they should order a full season now though. With Morgan as an intersect, the team as a whole being freelance and having their own funding, their is a huge well of story lines they can tap into.

yeah you kinda suspect of they start it in spetember with everything else that a back nine is ineveitable, with the last episode it looks like they wouldnt have much of a problem filling in 20 odd epsidoes,

but at the same time breaking a season into 2 is a good concept for smaller arced shows, it has worked pretty well this season on sanctuary and fringe, the first and second halfs of there seasons are like two completely different seasons, saves on filler if you do it that way,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lads...it's Chuck vs. Nikita next September!!!!!!!!

Advertisement