Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

How do you make a thread like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    How do you make a thread like this?

???

like this off topic tread

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    like this off topic tread

What do you mean ? It's just a normal thread :) Which is off topic to 4th year :D

nanook5 wrote: »
    What do you mean ? It's just a normal thread :) Which is off topic to 4th year :D

alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

YAY! I can finally post in this thread. :-D

Well that was a bit of an anti-climax...

YAY! I can finally post in this thread. :-D

Well that was a bit of an anti-climax...

Except it's a bit dead now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

TY is gonna be so busy for ye that there will be no time to post on boards.ie.

For proof, look at how last year's OT thread ended up :p wonder if this year will be better.

"Told you so." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Just wondering, has anyone started looking for work experience yet? I have 3 placements already but I haven't a clue where else i could go :(

Just wondering, has anyone started looking for work experience yet? I have 3 placements already but I haven't a clue where else i could go :(

NO! :pac:

How many places do you go to ?

We do one week in one place and another in another place

• Advertisement

NO! :pac:

How many places do you go to ?

We do one week in one place and another in another place

idk, ive to do every Friday of the school year :pac:

Anyone still alive? :D

Hows everyone's summer going? :D Quite bored now tbh but I really don't wanna go back to school even though I'm doing TY :Pac: Have all my work experience sorted for before Christmas so that's alot of stress off of me :D

Hows everyone's summer going? :D Quite bored now tbh but I really don't wanna go back to school even though I'm doing TY :Pac: Have all my work experience sorted for before Christmas so that's alot of stress off of me :D

It's been kind of boring but I'll never want to go back to school :pac:

No work experience sorted lol :p

It's been kind of boring but I'll never want to go back to school :pac:

No work experience sorted lol :p

My biggest achievement of the summer so far is being able to finally touch my toes without bending my legs :Pac: :D I'm applying for Spin 1038 on Saturday as that's when they're taking the applications for the school year!:D

My biggest achievement of the summer so far is being able to finally touch my toes without bending my legs :Pac: :D I'm applying for Spin 1038 on Saturday as that's when they're taking the applications for the school year!:D

LOL I don't think I've done anything :rolleyes: What do you do in a radio station for work experience ??

LOL I don't think I've done anything :rolleyes: What do you do in a radio station for work experience ??

Staying up late and sleeping in aren't fun any more :( I think get the radio hosts tea etc but apparently spin let ye actually do like half an hour of presenting one of the shows so like picking songs and introducing the songs!

Staying up late and sleeping in aren't fun any more :( I think get the radio hosts tea etc but apparently spin let ye actually do like half an hour of presenting one of the shows so like picking songs and introducing the songs!

Stayed up til' 5:40 two days ago haha ...... Do you want to be a radio host ? :D

P.S I think everyone else on this thread is in hibernation :p

Stayed up til' 5:40 two days ago haha ...... Do you want to be a radio host ? :D

P.S I think everyone else on this thread is in hibernation :p

The latest ive been up is 3.30 and that's basically every night :D Ah no! I'm just getting work experience in different places :D Our TY coordinator said we should try go for completely different places as it looks good on the CV :D
    Yes I think they are! :pac:

The latest ive been up is 3.30 and that's basically every night :D Ah no! I'm just getting work experience in different places :D Our TY coordinator said we should try go for completely different places as it looks good on the CV :D
    Yes I think they are! :pac:

Same here. Every time I try to go to bed early I get distracted :P

Don't take this the wrong way but would you not try to find a place where you could get valuable work experience,like a job that you may want in the future?Everyone can serve tea,right :D

• Advertisement

Same here. Every time I try to go to bet early I get distracted :P

Don't take this the wrong way but would you not try to find a place where you could get valuable work experience,like a job that you may want in the future?Everyone can serve tea,right :D

Haha same! :P Ah no I get ya! See I don't have a clue of what id like to do yet when I leave school! I think acting would be good but idk to be honest yet! :(
    I'm using TY to become alot more confident and I'm trying things out of my comfort zone so I think working at Spin would help me there also I'm doing work experience in like 8 completely different places so I'm getting plenty of experience :pac: :p

Haha same! :P Ah no I get ya! See I don't have a clue of what id like to do yet when I leave school! I think acting would be good but idk to be honest yet! :(

So pull out your application for Spin and head straight to an acting school/place :D

So pull out your application for Spin and head straight to an acting school/place :D

Hahah ive applied to the local theatre and they said no -_-

Hahah ive applied to the local theatre and they said no -_-

Ahh well . I have no clue what I want/am going to do . I would like to work in a warehouse shipping orders (Just for work experience lol) and something else.......... (let me think)

Ahh well . I have no clue what I want/am going to do . I would like to work in a warehouse shipping orders (Just for work experience lol) and something else.......... (let me think)

Its actually so hard to get work experience :(

Its actually so hard to get work experience :(

I would imagine so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

How is everyone? My summer has consisted of staying up till 4am watching Gossip Girl (chuck and BLAIR ❤️❤️❤️) and old movies! Got a week of work experience in brown Thomas too :)

Xgracie wrote: »
    How is everyone? My summer has consisted of staying up till 4am watching Gossip Girl (chuck and BLAIR ❤️❤️❤️) and old movies! Got a week of work experience in brown Thomas too :)
    I slept for the rest of June and spent all my time on the internet after that...
    I've never seen Gossip Girl- is it good? Watched the Godfather trilogy on RTE 2 though the last couple of Saturday nights :)
    Oooh Brown Thomas...I went in there once when I was in Dublin and the sales assistants all glared at me (I think it was because I was in my big culchie raincoat and none of my family had any intention of buying anything and had only gone in to get out of the rain :') )

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I slept for the rest of June and spent all my time on the internet after that...
    I've never seen Gossip Girl- is it good? Watched the Godfather trilogy on RTE 2 though the last couple of Saturday nights :)
    Oooh Brown Thomas...I went in there once when I was in Dublin and the sales assistants all glared at me (I think it was because I was in my big culchie raincoat and none of my family had any intention of buying anything and had only gone in to get out of the rain :') )

Gossip Girl is SO AMAZING omg you have to watch it!!! It's just so so good, I cried
    Hahahaha I love BT, with the designer handbags is where I belong ;)

• Advertisement

Xgracie wrote: »
    Gossip Girl is SO AMAZING omg you have to watch it!!! It's just so so good, I cried
    Hahahaha I love BT, with the designer handbags is where I belong ;)
    Haha I remember saying REALLY loudly when I was there that the bags were a rip-off :L in my defence I was only nine and hadn't learned to engage my brain before giving my opinion on something :L I am now beginning to see why the shop assistants were glaring at me...

Advertisement