Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As part of ESPN's "NFL Countdown" program, NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported the following Sunday morning:

"The Patriots are raring to go against a Dolphins team that has beaten them two straight games. On the screens inside the Patriots training facility, New England displayed multiple quotes from Miami players after they beat the Patriots in the regular-season opener, about how the Patriots players quit, about how they took it to them, and each Patriot was able to repeatedly walk past and read the multitude of quotes the Miami players said about them after the opener. Someone wanted New England to remember."

Offense have done nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The offense is not playing well. But McDaniel's insistence on having Vereen repeatedly get nowhere, as he tries to run the ball out of the backfield, certainly doesn't help. The usual offensive bollocksology from McDaniels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Offense awful. Tom started well, big then some really poor stuff.
    Those three running plays before HT just summed it up from a coaching point of view.
    If this opposition was a serious contender, it'd already be game over.
    One ST teams play and a long return from an INT. That's as positive as it's been.

Much better.;)

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    Much better.;)

What happened?

My GP totally froze about three minutes ago and I can't see a fecking thing.:(

Some nice play action, A Brady 17 yard run then blount TD. 24-13

me89 wrote: »
    Some nice play action, A Brady 17 yard run then blount TD. 24-13

8dGp2e.jpg

Excellent 3rd quarter. One of those HT talks.
    Delighted to see Gray get some touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Another division title in the bag. Now come on Chargers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Paughjj

Folks -- I'm a Pats fan new to Dublin. Where's the local Patriots bar? Do I make my Super Bowl reservation now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Nice to see an old friend stopping in to congratulate the team :)

fseA4Yg.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Didn't get to see the game had to bring the good lady wife into the ER. Hope to catch game later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

^^^ Is that Bledsoe??

Can't make out the face...

BizzyC wrote: »
    ^^^ Is that Bledsoe??

Can't make out the face...

Yup

B42QFmRIgAABCDI.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Very convincing win. Very happy with a lot of aspects to it too.

It was a slow start, and the first half was poor enough. Just ambling along, the blocked FG being the main saviour. The plays at the end of the first half were poor, 47 seconds, 3 time outs, and you play 3 draw plays with Vereen. I really didnt like the calls, far far too cautious and there was a chance to at least get points. It was a poor way to try get the first down and just run iot out, and they paid for it.

But that seemed like it was the kick in the hole everyone needed to spark the second half. It was like a different team out. Bradys run again was excellent, I said it previously, but his movement in the pocket, especially moving forward and taking the rush has been as good as I ever saw. Gronk got more looks in the second half, Blount got a wake up call, and I was delighted to see Gray get carries, and be effective too. It was clear it really meant a lot to him to get the 2 plays in a wor, firs the pass when he made great movements to get yardage and celebrated after, and then ran for the first down after. Hopefully now he gets more snaps.

All in all, I was happy. It was a lazy first half effort, but an exceptional second half one. The defence again played well (bar the usual Browner penalties) and its good to wrap up the division. Jets had a win, so will be full of confidence and brash talk. The bills had a very good win over the Packers, so they cannot be taken lightly at all. 2 games from the no1 seed, it would be great to get it. Broncos have to go win at Cincy now too which is not easy, so will be keeping a close eye on that one too.

Hope all is ok with your good lady too TO

TO. wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the game had to bring the good lady wife into the ER. Hope to catch game later tonight.

Nothing too serious I hope.

Once again we had more head scratching play calling from McDaniel's. There are times when I genuinely believe he seems to do more to help a defense, than our offense. He can't seem to turn out a complete 60 minutes of sound & logical play calling in a game. His tendency to move away from what works and avoid the obvious continues to worry me. But at least the offense turned it around in the second half because their execution was poor in the first. I thought Brady was excellent on that TD drive after HT, his run, his fire & leadership was just what the doctor ordered. Delighted to see Gray get his reps again. Blount averaged 2.1 yards a carry, against Gray's 5.6 yards a carry. If it was my call, Gray would be my lead RD right now and would get the start ahead of any other RB. Defense was very good and they've only allowed a total of 3 points in the second half of the last three games. Good to see Jones and Hightower back and both looked good on their return, especially Jones considering he missed 7 games. Silgia is also adding some nice extra beef to our run defense. Browner had his usual penalties but he also had his fair share of BS ones also. Particularly the DPI call which I thought was a joke. The NFL attempts to ban normal hand fighting between WRs Vs DBs is an embarrassment. Overall is was great to see our 12th AFC East title of the Brady/Belichick era.

Forgot to mention that a special record was broken on Sunday....

Gost passed by Vinatieri and became our all time leading scorer. Vinateri was at 1,158 points and Gost now stands at 1,165 And more impressively, Gost (9 seasons) broke the record with a season to spare over Vinatieri (10 seasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So Easley is on IR with a.........wait for it......knee injury!

If only we could have known he'd be at risk to knee injuries some how...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

With the mayhem of the past few weekends, i am looking forward to sitting down this sunday and enjoying the game. Been a mad few weeks

Where has the season gone!?

In a great position now for playoffs, have a real good feeling :)

BizzyC wrote: »
    So Easley is on IR with a.........wait for it......knee injury!

If only we could have known he'd be at risk to knee injuries some how...

I've lost count of how many guys we've signed with a knee injury/injuries history. And it pretty much seems to have become a prerequisite for being signed by the Pats these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I banged my knee on the corner of my desk on my way back from making tea. Been staring at my phone waiting the last twenty minutes! +353 Bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We'll see how Easley turns out next year. I didn't expect him to come in and be an explosive player right away considering he tore his ACL in September last year.

We don't know if he is finished for the year either, the IR is for the rest of the regular season, two games, and he could back for the postseason.

I've lost count of how many guys we've signed with a knee injury/injuries history. And it pretty much seems to have become a prerequisite for being signed by the Pats these days.
    I understand the risk the Pats took.
    A high first round talent, but with an injury that would push him lower down.
    He hasn't shown much so far, hopefully a long off season will help.

Jones coming back is a huge help.
    Has had a good rest as well, so he needs to perform come playoff time.

eagle eye wrote: »
    We don't know if he is finished for the year either, the IR is for the rest of the regular season, two games, and he could back for the postseason.

He could be but I hope he isn't.
    I understand the risk the Pats took.
    A high first round talent, but with an injury that would push him lower down.
    He hasn't shown much so far, hopefully a long off season will help.

Missing the entire camp & preseason didn't help him at all. Ending his season early and making sure he gets a good headstart for next year is probably the best thing for him.

Reports are Edelman didn't pass the concussion test. Looking likely he is out tomorrow. Going to make it a long day against the Jets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Reports are Edelman didn't pass the concussion test. Looking likely he is out tomorrow. Going to make it a long day against the Jets

Hopefully the extra reps might benefit someone. Amendola or tyms!

Oh ffs Blount is out also. Looks like Gray will get his second chance after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oh ffs Blount is out also. Looks like Gray will get his second chance after all.

He will take it too if he gets it. Guy is amzing to watch, he seems to hit the hole where he is supposed to every time. Just a real machine on the field. Hopefully its a case that we've been protecting him rather than he has been in the doghouse all along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement