Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are producers and presenters of kids tv on drugs?

• 30-11-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

I have 2 kids and often watch their programmes with them. The presenters are over hyper and the producers must be under the influence of something to think of the storylines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Your username is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

KKkitty wrote: »
    I have 2 kids and often watch their programmes with them. The presenters are over hyper and the producers must be under the influence of something to think of the storylines.

Yes. You should take drugs with your kids too, to get into the vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Your username is racist.
    I'm from Kilkenny so hence the Kk.

Snakeblood wrote: »

Yes. You should take drugs with your kids too, to get into the vibe.
    You'd need to be under the influence to watch some of the stuff they put out for kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your watching Yo Gabagabba aren't you! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

You'd need to be under the influence to watch some of the stuff they put out for kids.

It was ever so

Magic Roundabout anyone

I'l have you know I watch:
    Chuggington
    Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom
    In the Night Garden
    Peppa Pig
    Humf.
    Max and Ruby

The fucking lot. It's something about having a 1.3 year old.

This whole 'They must be on something' idea happened with The Magic Roundabout too. And the Teletubbies. Probably Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men was taken as some sort of reference to drugs. Except the Flumps, which was an exercise in depressing Yorkshire miserabilism.

Biggins wrote: »

No Biggins I'm not. Cbeebies finest programming is on here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I saw this once, thought I was having an acid flashback! :D

The real problem with kids tv shows is that they're too ****ing nice. Everyones face is nearly splitting in half from smiling so much and grown adults have nothing better to do than dress up in fluorescent costumes and do charades of the time they "accidentally" ate a box of shrooms.

Needs more realistic, gritty urban storylines IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Everyone on television is on drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

I dunno about the presenters but some kids tv shows were obviously written with drug references in mind. Like scooby doo and their scooby snacks for their munchies. There were stoned all the bloody time haha

DarkJager wrote: »

The real problem with kids tv shows is that they're too ****ing nice. Everyones face is nearly splitting in half from smiling so much and grown adults have nothing better to do than dress up in fluorescent costumes and do charades of the time they "accidentally" ate a box of shrooms.

Aye, I remember Grange Hill in the 80's where the teens were actually filmed and broadcast getting in and out of each others beds - and this was shown on children's TV at around 5 in the evening! :pac:

I'l have you know I watch:
    Chuggington
    Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom
    In the Night Garden
    Peppa Pig
    Humf.
    Max and Ruby

The fu[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]cking lot. It's something about having a 1.3 year old.

This whole 'They must be on something' idea happened with The Magic Roundabout too. And the Teletubbies. Probably Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men was taken as some sort of reference to drugs. Except the Flumps, which was an exercise in depressing Yorkshire miserabilism.
    I watch those with my youngest and oopsy daisy worries me. She pulls her skirt up and her bed is mobile. Makka pakka and his stones and don't even start me on the wottingers and pontipines leaving their kids anywhere they want and sleeping in the same room as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Chocablock wrote: »
    I dunno about the presenters but some kids tv shows were obviously written with drug references in mind. Like scooby doo and their scooby snacks for their munchies. There were stoned all the bloody time haha

What was the name of the dog that use to float into the air when it got it treats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Aye, I remember Grange Hill in the 80's where the teens were actually filmed and broadcast getting in and out of each others beds - and this was show on children's TV at around 5 in the evening! :pac:
    And who could forget Zammo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

they quite possibly are but i think int this modern day we all should be on drugs

Aye, I remember Grange Hill in the 80's where the teens were actually filmed and broadcast getting in and out of each others beds - and this was show on childrends TV at around 5 in the evening! :pac:

Nothing will ever beat Zammo doing drugs. Or that kid killing himself in Mr. Bronson's car.

HOLY ****. Anthony Minghella was script editor during Zammo's drugs hell, I now discover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Admit KKkitty, you're just jealous that you've lost your ability to retreat so readily into your imagination and come up with all sorts of crazy crap like you used to when you were a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

HR Puff 'n' Stuff was perfectly normal too,
    as was Rainbow....
    and Magic roundabout,
    and etc,
    etc,
    etc.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    And who could forget Zammo?

*Sniff... Sniff...*

Poor Zammo! :(

He just didn't learn to "Just Say No". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Everyone on television is on drugs.

....and anyone watching a lot of the crap on it needs to be.

Nothing will ever beat Zammo doing drugs. Or that kid killing himself in Mr. Bronson's car.

HOLY ****. Anthony Minghella was script editor during Zammo's drugs hell, I now discover.

The PR brigade would be out with their pens complaining if that was shown today! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ....and anyone watching a lot of the crap on it needs to be.

Dave's not here man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

rte last week

a girl asked the Mr kenny are they on dope

god honest truth

DarkJager wrote: »

I'd reckon they're miserable as fcuk in reality. Hate when they dress up in stupid costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Yea of course they are! Look at this poor chap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

one kids tv presenter i remember being fired for taking cocaine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/drugs/351602.stm

and another, who unfortunately died after a cocaine and alcohol binge:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1583665/BBC-childrens-host-died-after-cocaine-binge.html

seamus wrote: »
    Admit KKkitty, you're just jealous that you've lost your ability to retreat so readily into your imagination and come up with all sorts of crazy crap like you used to when you were a kid.
    I can readily concur with this Seamus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The PR brigade would be out with their pens complaining if that was shown today! :(

the public relations brigade?

There's a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

That is the strangest, trippiest kids programme EVER!

Advertisement