Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do portable boxes for you laptop work?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I use my laptop to play music, but must admit the sound is aweful.
    Saw a portable soundbar on mydealpage.ie. Does anyone know if these are any good?

My friend bought a Inspiron duo audio station a couple months ago, and that sound was still very bad.

Thx.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi,

Saw a portable soundbar on mydealpage.ie. Does anyone know if these are any good?

My friend bought a Inspiron duo audio station a couple months ago, and that sound was still very bad.

Thx.
    You're probably not posting in the right forum here buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Hi,

Thx.

If the output from the laptop is of a poor quality then what makes you think making it louder will make it better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

awesome i shot that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Hi,

Thx.

If yo get a db567 cable and plug it into the d99 port, a 45tf window will open, just enter your pin and puk and the db567 will auto tune the 99ti extension. after that initiate the usb serial hub provider sever and hey presto your flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

awesome i shot that

What did you shoot it with S-M?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The speakers make a big difference, if the speakers are good the sound will be good. I don't know whether the soundbar is any good though.

The sound on my laptop speakers is terrible, but if I run it through good PC speakers it's much better, and if I connect it to a good stereo system the sound quality is excellent - good enough to hear the difference between a good quality mp3 and FLAC/WAV lossless audio.

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad, but any decent laptop should be the same. Thinkpads are not known for their sound capabilities :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Guill wrote: »
    If yo get a db567 cable and plug it into the d99 port, a 45tf window will open, just enter your pin and puk and the db567 will auto tune the 99ti extension. after that initiate the usb serial hub provider sever and hey presto your flying.
    I was just thinking that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 StraightJacket

I'm using a HP6730b, but I guess that one also not know for it's great sound performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's your flux capacitor set to?

If it's anything past 19.55 that might be part of the problem.

You've got to switch it back, back to..... the furtherest setting on the right.

All the way up to eleven if you can handle it.

Philips seems to be a good brand so I guess they should be okay.I used to have one of their FW46 systems with big wooden loudspeakers. Those were great, but not really portable...

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these.

• Advertisement

The output from my laptop is set to 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What's your flux capacitor set to?

If it's anything past 19.55 that might be part of the problem.

You've got to switch it back, back to..... the furtherest setting on the right.

All the way up to eleven if you can handle it.

Going back to eleven could cause an exponential loop, ramping up the sound level so high that it would blow your head down your own throat and out through your arséhole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Guill wrote: »
    Going back to eleven could cause an exponential loop, ramping up the sound level so high that it would blow your head down your own throat and out through your arséhole.

Great Scott!

Advertisement